the Rift

[OPEN] And so I pray

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Your spine is ablaze
Felling any foe with my gaze

Aithniel was still too young to consider anyone to be handsome. Perhaps she would never get to the stage where hormones and maturity compelled her to consider the virility of the opposite gender. Even now, just after hearing her destiny, she felt all of her young priorities shift. Suddenly, getting under Illynx's skin, yelling at Zikar to undermine his authority, and playing with Rikyn and Erebos seemed too childish and unimportant. The murder in the sky had forced her to mature well beyond her age.

So, when the tall and enigmatic look alive to her father arrived, Aithniel looked at him with silver eyes that showed a depth of sorrow and wisdom unfitting for her tiny frame. The filly watched as he slowed to a walk, his lips curling into that smile she had seen on the lips of all adults. Why did they find such amusement in their innocence and naivety? She would never understand. Illynx had at least been the most honest of them all. Her smile-less features and unfiltered words had been true.

She averted her gaze back to the shrine, grimacing at the grating notes of his words as they jumped on and bruised her soul. Here.... here was the closest to home she would ever find. "I have no mother," she said. The words were not spoken in heartbreak or sadness like before, but with power, promise and honest. Aithniel did not need a mother, just like the God said. She was born for a purpose and no motherly affection would change that fact.

"And here is as close to family as I will ever need."

Credits: Image by Tabini with many thanks from Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
And so I pray - by Aithniel - 09-16-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: And so I pray - by Thranduil - 09-16-2014, 01:13 PM
RE: And so I pray - by Aithniel - 09-18-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: And so I pray - by Thranduil - 09-22-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: And so I pray - by Aithniel - 09-23-2014, 10:33 AM