the Rift

[OPEN] grips of the cold

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

My heart knew this forest.

To my eyes, it was foreign, ugly, and dark. I could not recognize the brances or the pathways. Bicolored eyes linger over the shadows painted in the waning light of the sun, the orange tapestry of the floor. The loam and the musk were dense, filling my lungs with memories they remembered. Much like my heart, beating in time with the songs of the forest, my sense of smell remembered this place. My eyes and tongue were dumb, unable to pick apart this place. The name eluded me, though it should be etched into my bones. I found my hooves walking themselves in directions I knew not. Where am I? Where was I going?
My heart knew, but I certainly could not tell you.

As the light of the sun painted its final, triumphant mural in the sky, I began to sense the presence of another. The light of the moon raced forward, dashing by and leaving stars in its wake. I scan the area with my numb eyes, finding nothing but the bark of trees to rest upon. They reminded me of the dark shadows of my father's face as he contemplated the murder of the grey mar. A pool of blood, a halo of gentle white flowers. I shudder. Could the murderer be seeking his next victim at this moment?

For all of my fanciful promises to my father, I knew that in this cause, I was hopeless. How could I watch every inch of Helovia? I was only mortal, despite my lineage. I did not wish for the burden of knowing all, but, certainly, in this case, the blinding light of truth would be better than the shadow of ignorance.

The snap of a landing breaks my train of thought, and I look forward through the trees. The alabaster skin of another reminds me of the soft white of my harp, which floats silently beside me. Were it not for the hints of blue and the graceful wings upon her back, I might have been reminded of another mare. Instead, I pause in the dark shadows of the night, my eyes catching the silhouette of her frame. I feel nervous, though I do not know why. She is beautiful in the light of the moon, I think shamelessly. I suppose if I could not protect the whole of Helovia from a violent death, I could protect this graceful creature.

My solid bronze hooves step forward, hushed and quiet on the spongey floor of the forest. My nerves increase with each step I take forward, and despite the massive figure of my body, I feel like a child. Had I remembered my former fear of fillies, I may not be so confused. Instead, the hormones of a young man and the self-doubt are foreign and strange. My already flustered brain a sea of confusion. At least I looked calm on the surface.

"Hello," I say, a bit louder than I originally intended. I suppose volume control goes out the window when you are nervous. "My name is Hototo." Or so I'm told. I figured she need not be worried about the current identity crisis I was living in my life. I stand pretty far away from her, but completely out of the trees. She can view the bulk of my lineage, the blue of my father's blessed water, the strength of the bronze marking my hooves and wings, the proud crown of horns. Like her, my long mane and tail speak of winter or perhaps clouds in the sky on a summer's day. I am the son of the earth, but I doubt she would know.
Would she even care?

{ @[Elsa] ooc; sorry he's still sort of an awkward twerp right now. ^^' }

Messages In This Thread
grips of the cold - by Elsa - 09-16-2014, 01:02 PM
RE: grips of the cold - by Hototo - 09-17-2014, 12:15 PM
RE: grips of the cold - by Elsa - 09-23-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: grips of the cold - by Hototo - 10-07-2014, 02:52 PM