the Rift

[OPEN] Moth To a Flame

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I feel like I haven't spent much time 'at home' lately - so much that I wonder if it even feels like home? Time in the Threshold, or up in the clouds in the sky. At the Ancient Rotunda or in the Forest. There's always something that is taking me away from the Falls. Don't get me wrong, it's good to stay active, but at the same time, it's nice to be in a place that is supposed to be a consistent home base. 'Home.' Yeah, I'm not sure it really feels that way anymore, as much as I'd like it to. I follow the path down to the valley surrounded by cliffs. The path is one that my hooves take well too, having been on it so many times now. Whereas strangers may have to take their time traveling it, at risk of breaking ankles and perhaps death, I know that I may wander down mindlessly. Damaris lags behind, still getting used to the treacherous trail. I let her take her time, not minding the silence and solitude.

As I near the bottom, something catches my eye. A young elk, dashing off as if frightened by a predator. Hmph. Predators. I can take those assholes. I shake my spiked head as if challenging an unseen force to bring it on. No, Rosti, you don't need to be taking on any more foes - you've had your plate a little full lately, haven't you? I harumph again and step down, looking around for what spooked the elk. To my surprise, the only thing I see is a mare. A mare whose name I do not remember (though maybe I once knew?) but whose face sparks recognition in my mind. I approach at a lazy amble and stop a little ways away, staring at her awkwardly. The words that drop from my lips don't help my standing very much. "Uh.. hey." I feel Damaris nudge me in my mind, annoyed at my lack of eloquence. She bounds up next to me, eyes bright in the light of the setting sun, and she sits next to me, staring at the mare who is a complete stranger to her. Leave me be, I'm not the chatty type. She thumps her tail against my foreleg, clearly disagreeing. Agree to disagree. I'm a stubborn fool like that.

WC: 390
Tag: @[Bellona]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Moth To a Flame - by Agrona - 09-17-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Moth To a Flame - by Rostislav - 09-25-2014, 09:53 PM