the Rift

[OPEN] listen to the ice shatter

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

Glacia

Up we go, down we go, down down down the rabbit hole. Slow we go, fast we go, fast fast fast like a rabbit goes. I had no idea what I sang, only that I found it fun to mess with words and to put them into songs. Where was mother? I don't know. I had left her behind some time ago. To go off and explore the surrounding wilderness. Who would I meet today? I would go back to mother when I was hungry. A light girly giggle escapes my maw, and I spot a pretty lake in front of me. "The Hunter marked that mountain high, The lone lake's western boundary, And deemed the stag must turn to bay, Where that huge rampart barred the way; Already glorying in the prize, Measured his antlers with his eyes; For the death-wound and death-halloo Mustered his breath, his whinyard drew." I giggle more, rushing towards the lake. I reach the edge, and slowly, I step in. The water is warm against the frigid air. A smile graces the pretty features of my face and I begin to bound in the water, the droplets wetting my coat.

Like rain, but upside down. I begin to giggle more at this idea. Upside down rain. Who would have thought? I wasn't insane, in fact I had everything under control. Eveything in my mind works, not nuts are loose. I just perceive the world differently than everyone else.

I wonder, are there other children here? Or am I by myself? I wonder, for I have not met a soul my age here. They all seem to be gone. Gone, like the wind. Gone like in a song. I feel all alone. Secluded. I am done with this water now, and I clamber out, gazing around me. There is no sound, not chirp, nothing except the sound of my breath, and the drip of my wet coat.

"blah blah blah."

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
I L L Y N X
take a look in the mirror - see the truth in your face

Disgruntled was perhaps too generous a word for her mood this afternoon.

The Lady emerges from the trees with a vast number of Wyvern’s Breath clenched in her teeth, the red berries bright and succulent, her path directed towards the partially constructed tent for the festival that was due to begin in a few days. It seemed logical to gather food stuffs, and so she had spent the better part of her morning going to and from the various locations in the Basin that housed treats more uncommon outside of their home as well as things that most would recognize. This was her fourth journey back from the rear of the herd, and the forest had taken its toll on her usual pristine appearance.

Scratches marked her face from where she’d had arguments with sticks, and many needles and leaves protruded from her dark hair where she’d given up removing them after the second venture. She smelled like sweat and earth and it was horrifying.

Placing the berries alongside their brethren and the late raspberries, cranberries, and clover blooms that she had gathered throughout the day, her griffon gliding in on silent wings to land beside her, her own bundles of goodies deposited in the according piles; a sigh ushers from the stressed mare, who hadn’t planned on the festival entailing so much manual labor and detailing.

It’s then that she hears the singing, turning her eyes to the nearby shore where a dark, lightly flecked filly is playing in the water. Worry crosses her face for a moment – it is too cold and late in the year to be playing in the lake, especially without her dam nearby. The Lady lifts her face and looks one direction and then the other, seeing no sign of Sialia and blessedly none of the poor bastard’s father.

Another sigh of resignation breaks her, the absence of her son in his invisible state wearing on her and her need to be in control of something ushering her to the shoreline.

"Glacia, darling," she calls softly within distance, "you will catch your death in that water." The name is remembered from the rather… heated occasion of her birth, a secondary glance given around her at the mention for Aviya or anyone else who would seek to bring the babe harm for her heritage.

Honestly, you’d think her approval of the little brat would be enough for everyone to shut their mouths and mind their hooves and horns.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

The golden figure approaches. My small ears swivel to her footsteps. "Glacia, darling" She knows me. I look at her for a moment, knowing her face and her familiar golden hue. But where? "you will catch your death in that water." Says the golden lady. I tilt my head, before small black hooves carry me towards the beautiful crowned figure. "Should death be feared, pretty lady?" I ask, blue eyes looking fearlessly into the others. Should death find me, I would accept it. After all, death was part of life.

"Maybe death is better than it is here? " I smile wryly at the woman before me, before dancing closer to inspect the feminine creature. "Who are you? I would tell you who I am but, it seems you already know me." I pause, swishing my short curly tail. "However, you do look familiar to me. Why?"

I watch, blue eyes looking over the golden ones body. "Did you have a fight with the thorn bushes?" I ask, as I begin to circle the lady. "They tear at her gown, as she attempts to flee. The retched night that had gone horribly wrong." I pause, the wicked grin reaching my pretty young face. "they worked with the enemy, to ensure she would not escape this town, piercing her satin embroidery." I giggle, picking up the trot as I finish my circle, turning to face the pretty lady. I cock my head, to look at her. What would she say? Would she say that I was a little child that had gone mad? Or that I had a way with words? She seems unpredictable to me, like there might be more going on behind that pretty face then one might think. She could be a closed book who isn't intelligent at all, but then again, she could be calculating, with no one who knows of the plans in her mind.

"talk talk talk talk "

Tags; @[Illynx]
Words; 322 words
Notes; Love Illynx! <3

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
I L L Y N X
take a look in the mirror - see the truth in your face
The little one hauls herself up from the water as the Lady commands her to do so, golden eyes watching the water drip with a mother’s distaste for such unruly and ignorant behavior. She supposes, though, that these are things learned through experience – and as the first gentle wind sweeps in and filters cold, cold air across her skin, she knows it won’t take long for the little filly to understand why Illynx chides her so.

What she asks, though, draws the woman’s ears back in surprise and her brows heighten, a small guffaw of laughter breaking her lips in retort as she wipes her awe from her mask and replaces it with a smile that knows better. Death was surely a less desirable option to life.

"There is nothing in death," she answers resolutely, "your soul goes and your body rots in the mundus. It serves no one well to be dead, especially yourself."

But her childish smile and the delicate prance of her legs steals away whatever annoyance was born of her foolish questions, and the Lady returns her innocent questions with a soft smile of her own and a patience that had not been so plentiful in the seasons before she’d foaled a bundle of inquiries herself. Children, she has learned, have more questions than is seemingly necessary, searching for truths in the world around them, digging for answers in the minds of their superiors, the adults who shepherded them.

"I was there when you were born," she replies, her voice velvet and rich in the chilly autumn air, her own dark plume swaying behind her ample rump, "I know your dam and your sire, and am Lady of this mountain." She wonders why it is that Sialia has not taught her the names of the figures the filly should most oblige, but she has met the dark mother of the girl often enough to know that she does not often cling to the structures that define Illynx’s own life; perhaps the lesson has just not come into play, or perhaps the mare wishes the girl to learn in her own time, in her own ways. Illynx does not know.

She does know that she had taught Rikyn quite early on whom to give respects to, if only to avoid embarrassing herself through his idiocy.

The conversation, however, takes a strange turn; the little girl asks a normal question that is followed by a not so normal song, and the smile on the lips of the Gilded Blade fades ever so slightly at the rise of its notes. Had the Frostheart not only saddled her with a fatherless child, but one who was mad?

Gods, she should have kicked his ass and broken his foal producing parts the last she saw him.

A pout frames her lips as she realizes the questions were born of her ragged appearance at the moment – which she hides, turning her features to tug at some of the needles that cling to her dark locks and spitting them out on the grasses at her hooves while the little one trots and prances in her insane little circle.

"We’re having a party come the end of the season for our God," she explains, gesturing half heartedly towards the cavern which holds the mirror, not far down the shore, "food for such events is plentiful in the woods if one is willing to dive through brush to find it." A brow rises on her pretty face, curiosity getting the better of her, tugging her tongue to inquire more of little Glacia.

"A pretty song, darling," she says, an added flourish given to her grin that leaves her sparkling and beautiful, a perfect caricature of pride that conceals the worry flawlessly beneath, "did you invent it yourself?"

@[Glacia]

"rada rada"
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

I watch the pretty lady as she speaks to me. I tip my head slightly, pondering. She almost seemed to scold me. I flick one ear forward as she finishes. I shrug my shoulders however, deciding to let the subject go, as it seems that the lady did not want to continue down the road we where going.

However, we take a turn, and are heading towards my family. I smile a cute smile. "Of course. Mother told me of you. I apologize for not recognizing you." My tiny head bobs down in respect to the lady, before popping up at hearing that this lady had known her father. "My father? Mother told me about him. But I've never met him. She didn't know him very well either. What was he like? " Curiosity blooms in my chest. I do want to know about my sire. I want to meet him as well. But, maybe some day.

I have finished my cricle, all the while, the lady talks of a party at the end of the season. I think how I would like to be there. It sounded fun. A party for the time god. Was it his birthday? I smile at the thought.

However, at my morbid song, a look crosses the lady's features. But it is fleeting, as her face contorts back to a sparkling beauty that is hard to surpass. I soon forget. "A pretty song, darling," She says, looking at me. I grin proudly, standing up tall. "did you invent it yourself?" I wonder if she liked it. Mother seems sometimes irritated by the songs I invent.

"I enjoy to twist words, and invent new ways to sing them, yes." I say to the lady. My smile fades some, but it lingers on my face, along with a touch of pride.

"talk talk talk talk "

Notes: Sorry this is shit! TT.TT
Words: 312 Words
Tagged: @[Illynx]

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image