[OPEN] Up and Away

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful
I know you will

She laughed. She couldn't help it, even tried to fight it for fear he might take offense, but she had to. His abrupt change of expression, which if anything seemed put on (he had a flare for the dramatics) combined with his ideas of evil, heroes, and treasure were all the breath of fresh air she needed. Thus,s he expelled her old one with a laugh, airy and light and free. His youth shone through in that moment, but she didn't mind its innocence, because at least it had hope and wonder and energy.

Luckily he didn't seem the type to take offense easily. Just as he was bashing in his unseen opponents, ones she was about to step in and aid him with, although by the looks of it his winning just fine on his own, the moment was gone. He sobered, but ever swift on his feet, and his moods, he let loose his own laugh.

She couldn't help but grin, despite wanting to cuff him over top his head with a wing for that little jab at her strength. He had an infectious energy and it stole her breath away, the way a fierce storm gets down into your bones and seems to rebuild you up from scratch, making you from wind and rain and lightning instead of just flesh and sinew and hair. He didn't wear the mark of it like she did, but he was wild.

"Would you like to see?" she asked toothily when he backpedaled on his ribbing. Her eyes glinted daringly, suspecting he didn't often live down challenges. Ampere danced forward stepping around him, if only to prove she was just as fleet footed as he.

Maybe he was young, but he was charming as hell. If not a kick, perhaps just some fleeting touch...

She sidled up next to him on his other side as she finished her display, her left shoulder likely just brushing up against his right. The sea roared below, further than she had even seen it without flying. Even at this height its size was not diminished. It reminded her of Mesec, as the beach always did now, but thoughts of him easily drifted away with the warmth of the pirate at her side.

The playfulness seemed to ebb with the tide, some of Caenan's energy dwindling as her original comments seemed to settle inside of him. For a moment she regretted what she had said, missing the playful, carefree stallion that had swept her up. Yet he, just like this place, was only a momentary crumb of peace amid the turmoil of the world, which was best not to forget.

Then again, maybe moments of serenity was all that could be hoped for, and learning to recognize them, then seize them, was what defined sanity.

Ampere sighed heavily and with it her fire flickered and grew smaller, colder. It was not gone though, never gone.
"I don't know," she replied honestly to his question. She wasn't sure if he was actually looking for an answer, but she supposed learning anything about this place started with sharing what was already known. "I've only recently returned to this realm, but I know it was never here before." She turned to glance at him, suspecting his comment was mostly made in humor, which she returned with, "Having flown over here often I'd think I would have noticed it." She smiled.

The moment of beauty - pretty girl with the sea breeze tossed mane standing next to the dashing boy on the floating island of peace - was 'ruined' by the petal drifting against her nostril. It tickled in just the right way that she sneezed, her feathers all bristling with the sensation, which was highly embarrassing.

He switched gears again, managing to even make her head spin, which was a feat considering her reputation. She laughed again, grateful for the return of this side of him, and anxious to discover more just as he was. "Do you always go looking for trouble?" she asked, wings loosening on her sides, head lifting tall, eyes bright and eager. "If so, I think I just found my new partner," her features were sly as she reached out to give him a playful nip at his withers before she dashed off to her right. Her hooves ate the ground furiously as she ran, wings tucked back tightly to her sides to keep her streamlined. She galloped like a madman across the terrain, hurtling herself right off the edge and into the embrace of the wind.

She cupped Ampere with a hard, cold, hand, but it was a familiar one, so Ampere loved it. Her wings, which had already begun to unfurl as she made that last stride on the ground, reached out together the air beneath them, flapping and pushing, and pulling for control. At last she found it, turning in a pocket of wind and pushing herself up. She burst back above the island, drifting over Caenan with a grin. This might be considered cheating in a game of tag, but she wasn't one to play nice when it came to winning, or flirting.

Now, what will we find?

A M P E R E
PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL

ellsouille.deviantart.com with permission

@[Caenan]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Up and Away - by Caenan - 09-18-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: Up and Away - by Ampere - 09-20-2014, 12:38 AM
RE: Up and Away - by Caenan - 09-27-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: Up and Away - by Ampere - 10-06-2014, 12:02 AM