Into the Shadowed Sun [Ktu/any]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Pretty little angel
Can we play your game?

Ophelia slowed quickly as the soft grass under hoof gave way to hard, wavy rock. She was breathing hard under the oppressive sun where there was no tree or bush to escape it, and she instantly found herself missing the frost and snow where she had been hiding. Luckily, her white coat reflected the painful rays, but her sister's black coat made her worry. Ophelia glanced to her side, her two colored eyes taking in the beautiful image of her sister.

"Are you doing all right?" she asked. It had been a while since she had to ask that. As foals, she asked that question constantly so that she would know if she could shoulder some of her sister's weight. Now with healed legs, Ktulu did not seem to need much help. Almost instantly, the rock gave way to grass once more, and a large, crystal blue lake glittered just on the horizon. Was this a mirage? Ophelia was so thirsty.

"Please tell me that I am not dreaming that water..." she murmured to her sister. Phi picked up a graceful trot and pushed toward the water, only believing it was real once her forelegs were splashing in the crisp liquid. "This place is beautiful..." she commented, smiling at all the glory around her. "What do you think, Ktulu?"

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

A man delivered can never
Make his way in the darkness

"I'm fine." Ktulu answered her sister. She glanced toward her and offered an encouraging. "The Earth God was brilliant when he healed my legs." She had absolutely no trouble from them now. The only thing that was really bothering her was the sun beating down on her dark coat. They would be at the Throat soon, though, and they'd be able to find shelter under the shade of a tree.

The rocky ground gave way and soon her hooves were cushioned by dirt and grass. "If you're dreaming it then I am, too." The water looked amazing. She wanted to charge right into it and let it wash over her back and cool herself down. She slowed then followed Ophelia into the water, venturing in a bit deeper than her sister had.

"I think this would be an amazing place to call home." Ktulu turned and moved back toward her sister, gently touching her muzzle to Ophelia's. "What do you think?"

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Pretty little angel
Can we play your game?

Ophelia smiled after looking down at her sister's legs. "He did do an excellent job," she commented. "We still need to go say thank you sometime. I am sure he is working hard keeping everything from dying in this heat."

Being able to jump into that water was wonderful, and Phi smiled as her sister ventured deeper than herself. Phi had never been all right with swimming, but she was glad that her sister looked so comfortable. The uniquine filly dipped her white face under and snorted bubbles before jerking her head back up, shaking drops from her face.

Her sister asked her about this place, and she chuckled. "I like it here too, though I admit that I miss the snow and mountains," she admitted, nuzzling her sister back. Phi stepped out of the water slowly, carefully picking up her tan, cloven hooves. She flicked the water from her tail and looked around, eyes falling on a huge, ancient tree. "I agree that this place would make a great home. Now, if only we could find the leaders. I never expected a herdland to be so empty."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
The funnels of sunburnt rock reminded the stallion of the cliffs which he was born. He glided through them now, looking forward to the day when his daughter would race alongside him. She was too little for it yet, her wings too fresh and not yet strong enough to lift her from the ground. But with the exercises she enthusiastically embraced, her strength would grow quickly, and she had told him her intentions of following him around on his patrols. He loved her dearly, and her mother, and despite the loss of his brother saddening him, he dutifully tore himself away from their comforting sides and patrolled the lands he was growing to love dearly. His great wingspan almost scraped the edges of the high walls of the great channels of stone, and he was reminded constantly of his homelands, the Cliffs. With ease he performed basic training moves a warrior should keep as a regular part of his regime, sometimes flying quite low to the ground, even allowing his hooves to gallop underneath him, sometimes climbing great heights, all within the confines of the rocky walls.

He constantly surveyed his surrounds, sometimes enhancing his own sense of smell to enable him to read the winds before his sights might spy another body. It was chance that as he exited the clutches of the rocky walls, a scent he found familiar tickled his nostrils, and caused a smile to wrinkle his handsome crown. Some time had passed between his first meeting with the youthful filly, and now he was to see her twice within a few days! He detected another scent, one that held some similar tones, perhaps a close relative? Allowing his sense of smell to return to its normal reach, he pumped his giant feathered appendages, and approached the large body of water, their saviour from the heat. On his approach, he loosed a long baritone of greeting, giving them sufficient warning of his approach. The waters were very inviting however, and instead of landing alongside them in the shallows, he continued flying over them, and with his strong legs plunging in first, created immense waves to run away from his diving form. Still with his wings outstretched, laughter rumbled in his chest as he splashed about him, relishing the cool water on his warmed hide.

"Ktulu!" He greeted the familiar one openly, happily. Though her companion was of different colouring, some similarities in their build suggested again what his nose had previously guessed, that they were related. Nearing them now, he pulled himself from the slightly deeper waters he had landed in, shaking the excess droplets from his obsidian hide. “Who is your friend?” He inquired curiously, looking at them both with kindness behind his eyes and a welcoming smile upon his lips. “I am Azzuen.” Nodding his cranium to both fillies, he introduced himself to the one he was yet to meet. “What brings you to the Throat?” Though he welcomed the idea that Ktulu was just here to visit him, or perhaps his daughter, he could sense a silent purpose to their arriving here today, which was why he voiced the question. “Still looking after my feather I see, Ktulu.” He winked playfully at her, eyeing the feather lodged in her mane with a fondness a brother might have for their smaller kid sister.

Ktulu nodded her agreement that the Throat would make a good home for the both of them as well as her agreement that they needed to find the leaders. As if to answer Ophelia there was a strong, loud cry from above them. Ktulu's head tilted back and she squinted into the sun as she tried to catch a glimpse of the one above them. As the stallion sailed over them she recognized him immediately. She shook out her mane, the feather he had given her fluttered in the breeze and when he'd finally landed she began to move through the water toward him but stopped halfway there.

The dark girl looked back at Ophelia and smiled to show that it was safe before turning back to her friend. "Azzuen!" she greeted excitedly. "This is my sister, Ophelia. Ophelia, this is Azzuen, the one who gave me the feather." She turned her head back toward the stallion and her smile grew. She had not expected to meet him when they'd finally reached the Throat, but it was comforting knowing that he was there. "Someone's got to keep it safe." She said, grinning, at Azzuen's comment about his feather. "I'd hate for anything to happen to it, it's such a pretty feather."

It was time to get down to business, though, as his previous question still hung unanswered between them. She stepped back until she was standing shoulder to shoulder with her sister once more. "My sister and I are looking for a place to call home." She finally answered. "We both agreed that the Dragon's Throat would be ideal. Should we be accepted I would like to train as a warrior."

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Pretty little angel
Can we play your game?

The sun was shadowed by a quickly moving figure, and Ophelia squinted up at the sky. A pegasus. Carefully, she backed a little ways out of the water and turned her face when he collided with the oasis, sending waves and splashes. From the curve and color of his feathers, Ophelia knew that this was the stallion Ktulu had met before - the same stallion who gave her that feather.

Ophelia was kind, but strange. Her heterochromatic eyes took in the stallion critically as if she were scanning him lifelessly. Perhaps her strange and perfect memory caused this distance between herself and reality, relationships. Either way, she stood silently, nodding when she was introduced. Water dropped like a pendulum from her porcelain hide as she listened to her sister's voice.

This stranger did not frighten her. He did not unsettle her. He simply had not spoken to her yet, and she was never eager to speak. After many, many months of living in solitude in the northern mountains, she had learned to love silence and the rhythm of her own body in harmony with her environment. Others in her vicinity, except Ktulu, plucked violently at the strings of this harmony, setting them into anxious discord.

"Greetings," she said to the black, winged one, inclining her head slightly. Her voice was soft, gentle like bells.

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
Suspicions were confirmed as the youthful one relayed her and her sister’s want for a land to call their home. Azzuen nodded happily, though he would have to confirm it with Kri, he had no issue whatsoever with allowing the girls to rest their hides in the Throat. They needed numbers, and he was pleased to hear that the belle had a yearning for battle, or at least, to get herself fit and trained. Being a warrior in the training ring was one thing, but actually putting one’s skills to the test was entirely another; this Azzuen knew, but was more than willing to teach. Hell, he thought that anyone with half a brain would want to keep themselves fit, even if all they did was learn how to run away – you still had to be fit in order to flee. And sometimes, fleeing is the only option. He thought darkly, randomly reminded of his own past, and even of the many refugees from Isilme that had travelled here, escaping the darkness that were the shades.

“Ophelia,” he addressed the pale maiden, tilting his chiselled crown to her cordially, “it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.” Honest hymns spoke in his rich baritone, a smile roughly edging the curve of his charred lips. “You are by all means welcome to call the Throat your home,” he stated amiably, before adding, “Kri is our Leader here, I am sure she would be glad to have gained two such enthusiastic members.” He suspected Kri would be venturing here soon enough, not much went by in her lands without her knowing, and Azzuen understood that her duties were many and vast, carrying the herd by herself was no easy task. The General was more than happy to meet and greet potential new members in her leave, as well as his usual duties of patrol and caring for his family. “I’d be more than happy to take you under my wing, Ktulu.” He said kindly, easily offering his warrior’s knowledge to her. Indigo eyes alighted to Ophelia then, and he politely questioned, “do you also desire to learn the warrior’s dance?”

It was an open question, emphasized by the curious incline of his cranium, his eager ears asking for the quiet belle to speak some more about what was on her mind, in her heart.

Ktulu stood by silently as Azzuen graciously accepted her and Ophelia into the Dragon's Throat. He, however, was not the leader of the Throat. He spoke of the leader, saying that she would be happy to have two enthusiastic members. It made Ktulu smile, but she felt a slight sense of unease at the thought of meeting the actual leader. Azzuen may have accepted them, but she knew from previous experience that the leader's decision was final. It would be Kri who would pass final judgement on them. Ktulu turned her head toward Ophelia and nuzzled her sister's cheek, wondering if she was feeling as uneasy as she was.

"Thank you." She said to Azzuen. It would be an honor, she thought, to be taken under his wing and taught to fight. She could take what she learned from him and spar with her father and learn more from him. Having two teachers would give her plenty of practice and would, hopefully, make her reach her goal more quickly than she had hoped.

Azzuen's next question had Ktulu stiffening a bit. She bit her tongue to keep from answering for Ophelia. No. No, her sister was not a fighter. She was too fragile, too delicate. Phi couldn't fight. Not when it was her job to make sure she was safe. Ktulu nuzzled Ophelia again then looked at her and waited for her answer.

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Pretty little angel
Can we play your game?

The dark one offered them such a kindness, to live in their home. However, their leader, Kri, needed to give the final verdict, and Ophelia, like Ktulu, knew that often the words between herd members conflicted. Then, the dark one addressed her directly, and the two, different colored eyes settled on those of the winged stallion.

"The pleasure is mine," she replied politely, dipping her pearly horn downward in greeting. She had learned that from her father. She had not realized this yet. Ktulu's muzzle touched her cheek, and Ophelia could sense the nervousness on her sister. She sensed the subtle tension in her muscles, the slight rumple of whiskers, and Phi moved a little closer as if physical proximity could protect her sister from her own, internal battles.

Ophelia smiled, happy that her sister would get training to be a warrior. The pale filly felt pride and hope for her sister, and the joy she felt now that her sister's dreams were being fulfilled was leaking from every pore. Azzuen was polite to offer her a warrior's training as well, and Ophelia smiled as her sister's figure stiffened in a singular, unspoken and quite emphatic "no."

The crimson and white filly shook her head. "No, but thank you. I believe my skills are better used in the more... subversive arts," she replied quietly, her expression rather mysterious and emotionless. "I..." she trailed, giving Azzuen a hard look, scouring his eyes for deception or ill intent. She saw no signs of evil in his soul. "I have a rather irritating though helpful ability to remember everything - in detail. It is both a gift and a curse."

Boom Boom Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[ Kri will eventually show up in this thread to make it IC official when I find the time, but they are welcome to join. ^^ ]