the Rift

[OPEN] 1 2 3, one two three three [joining]

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
LOST IN THE WAY YOU MOVE.

I wouldn't lie, I was quite nervous about this new chapter in my book that was only just beginning. Something about being an actual orphan and having noone that would be waiting for me to come home every night, it was unnerving and I wasn't quite sure how I should carry myself. Was I still a child? Or should I act like the adult that fate seemed to want to make me into before my time. A sigh shook my slender, still growing frame as I took another step away from the shattered wall that had been my home for as long as I could remember.
Shoulders shifted as star dusted wings tucked into my sides, useless to me at the time as I was still unsure as to how exactly to go about the whole flying thing. In the midst of the insanity of my childhood, learning how to work the beautifully feathered appendages had been quite low on my priority list, especially when neither of my adoptive parents had wings to assist me in the matter. So rather, I was stuck walking south to the lands called the Dragon's Throat. A land that I would have never ventured to if it weren't for the call of the God who promised to fix my heart in return for adding to the population of his followers. I swallowed hard, forcing the lump that was beginning to form in my throat back to wherever it had came from as I drew closer and closer to my new home.
Golden hooves didn't cease moving forwards until I stopped at the mouth of the bridge that would lead me over the water and into my future. A shiver passed over my star speckled coat as my sporty skull turned to look behind me, a tiny part was glad that I couldn't see the shattered wall from where I stood. There was a strong chance that if it were visible I would have high-tailed it back into the loving embrace of the chestnut beauty, happy to survive the rest of my life struggling with activities if it meant I would be loved. But there was no turning back now, I could feel a tugging at my being, pulling me across the narrow land bridge quickly, quickly to the point that for a moment I feared my limbs would become tangled and I would fall to into the brine and meet my death in the cold grasp of the salt water.
Alas, it seemed fate had a different plan for me as I stood on the other side of the land bridge, this time looking over my shoulder showed nothing but water and the faint outline of what was the mainland. The ghost of a smile pulled at the corners of my permanent scowl as I turned back so white pupils would settle on the land that rested before me. Sucking in a deep breath, I released a whinny that I hoped would call forth the leaders and maybe even the Father who had sent me here in the first place. Would he stay true to his promise? Or had he used pretty words as a way to gain another head to his count?

Regardless.
I was here.
I was an orphan.
Worst that could happen was the god of the sun could smite me before the whole herd as some sick, twisted example.
But I still had hope.

"Speech"
Tag: @[Sohalia] @[Africa] @[God of the Sun] & open
Words: 574
OOC: Faeanne will be joining the ranks of the Throat, by orders of the Sun God.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

The dove had spent the last several days plagued with nightmares. She woke from restless slumber with fire burned across her vision and screams echoing in her ears. Though she knew them to be dreams, she could never quite wake herself before the burning started; and the figures were never quite exact, but rather grossly exaggerated caricatures of her family and her friends and her herd. No matter how strange they looked, she always knew exactly who it was walking toward the smoke before the pile of leaves burst into sudden flame. Night after night, she watched them die in a blaze of flame, immobilized and incapable of saving them; and despite their odd appearances, she heard every scream more clearly than the last.

The angel grimaced as she strode purposefully across the desert sands. It was difficult terrain to traverse, it was true; but forcing herself to walk rather than fly all the time (as she would have preferred) had strengthened her body, something that she would need in order to become a decent fighter. It was odd, how her desires and beliefs had changed over time. She liked to think that she had evolved, emerged from a cocoon that had kept her safe while allowing her to blossom; she liked to believe that she was better now than she had been before.

The dreams, though, continued to plague her, and she couldn't quite grasp their meaning. Was there trouble coming to the Dragon's Throat? Was she going to be helpless to stop bad things from happening to those she loved? Was the Sun God angry with her, or with them? But surely, if that were the case, their Diviner would know, wouldn't he? And Cera would warn her, right? Of course he would, she told herself vehemently, but doubt still bloomed in the recesses of her mind.

A dark figure on the horizon encouraged her to set the matter aside and pick up speed. Her light built easily cantered across the sands, wings flaring every now and then for balance. As she grew closer, she saw a dark foal tinged with gold, and she frowned, for why was such a youngling alone? Sure, the child appeared to be old enough to be weaned from its mother, but even so - there were dangers lurking in the shadows of Helovia, and children should be securely by their mother's side (or, at least, protected by the numbers of a herd)!

"Hello, sweetling," she called as she entered an audible range. "My name is Sohalia. What's yours?" And she smiled, kindness in her eyes.

"talk talk talk"
@[Faeanne]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Outcast
TierRen

Nerves tore through my slender, child-like frame as I stood there the tips of my golden hooves just barely brushing the border of the lands that would soon be my home. Unless the god thought that offering an orphan a home as a joke was something amusing to pass his time with, dark harks flicked back and rested in the tangled, silky dreads of silver that sprouted along my spine. A sigh escaped from sooty kissers as my skull shook ever so slightly, forcing the negative thoughts from my not-so-innocent mind, there was no need to already be thinking horribly of the home I had been offered along with getting my birth defect healed.
A movement in the horizon drew my attention away from all of the musings in my mind and it only took my ivory pupils to focus on the frame of the pale angel who stood out greatly from the flaming hues of the world around her. I forced the corners of my kissers to turn up into a soft smile as the beautiful creature moved closer to where I was standing, a strange bird-like beast flitting above her tiara and for a moment a pang of jealousy flashed through my infantile mind. How wonderful would it be to have a constant companion? One who couldn't leave you, if not out of will, but out of the fact that them leaving you would cause them physical and mental harm. Maybe it was strange that I felt that way, but abandonment was something that I was all too familiar with and I hadn't even seen a full year in these wonderful lands.
"Hello, sweetling, my name is Sohalia. What's yours?" I almost flinched at being called a "sweetling", unsure if I was comfortable with the strange Sohalia calling me such a pet name when she didn't even know if I was going to be sweet. You never knew with orphans, most of us turned out to be crazed killers didn't we? My gold dusted skull dipped down in a nod as the sooty corners of my velvety kissers turned up into what I hoped was a charming smile, one that would show the mare that I wasn't here to kill them all. Rather I was here in hopes of finding a family that wouldn't leave me when things got tough. "That's a beautiful name Miss Sohalia." As I spoke I looked up at the mare through long, thick white lashes before allowing my vocal chords to shake and quiver once more. "I am Faeanne." I offered another soft smile as I waited for the inevitable question of why I was here.
And where my momma was.

"Speech"
Tag: @[Sohalia] @[God of the Sun] & open
Words: 450
OOC: Tagged the Sun God again just incase he's going to pop in. If the writer is too busy that's fine <3

link to thread tracker

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

The Sultana never stopped to wonder how her pet names affected those she called so kindly - it was simply the way she was. Something about her sudden leadership had forced her to mature, to grow into the matronly role that she had never before been able to play. She was calmer, kinder, more affectionate - even to those she did not know. Well-meaning names drifted from her lips with the ease of motherhood, for she had somehow assumed a parental role within her herd. Young or old, herd member or outcast, her treatment of most Helovians remained the same - and she called them all sweetling, or darling, or dear, or any number of other endearments.

And so she went on, blissfully unaware of the effect that she had on those with whom she spent her time.

Astraeus circled lazily overhead, a gentle trail of sparks flickering from his tail-feathers. He watched with little interest, for he knew that his bonded was one to adopt each and every newcomer, no matter their past or future plans. She looked for the best in everyone, a trait that was, perhaps, a blessing and a curse. -No mother?- he asked silently, trilling mournfully into the cool air through which he flew. She shrugged mentally, leaving her emotion to tell him that she didn't particularly care. All the more reason for the youngling to join their desert home, however temporary an arrangement it may be.

"Thank you, Faeanne," she smiled. "It means 'moon-glow' where I come from. And yours is quite lovely, as well - where does it come from?" Was her name Helovian? Was the youngling a trueborn native of their beautiful land, or was she an orphan from some horrendous past, stumbling blindly through a strange land of which she knew naught? She waited, allowing the filly time to answer and conclude the introductions, before adding, "How may I help you, Faeanne?"

"talk talk talk"
@[Faeanne]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Outcast
TierRen

I stood there entranced as my white pupiled pools locked in on the sparking form of the handsome bird that seemed quite content with circling above us like some kind of vulture. Had I came here to die? Would I die not nearly as innocent as a child should be? Or would I see days past this eventful one, allowed to wander the lands of Helovia and wreck havoc as I knew I was meant too?
Regardless, I supposed my life thus far had been interesting, if not tragic. "Thank you, Faeanne, it means 'moon-glow' where I come from. And yours is quite lovely, as well - where does it come from?" The dove's words drew my attention back to the solid ground rather then where it had been happily following the path of the bird. A forced smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I forced myself to listen to the mare's rambling. Dark harks flicked forward as if I were super interested before my own vocal chords began to quiver and shake once more to force friendly words out into the dry air. "Thank you ma'am! I suppose it is Helovian, I don't know what it means though."
The space between us didn't remain silent for long before the mare's sweet voice picked up once more. "How may I help you, Faeanne?" My weight shifted back and forth between my hooves as star speckled wings stretched out, flames licking at the tips of the golden flight feathers momentarily before dissapearing without a trace. One day I would be strong enough to be ignited for more than a few seconds, but for now I would have to survive with what simple magic I had been born with, just another tie to my parents who's identities would remain secret forever. I took a small step closer to the pale mare, my wings tucking back to my sides as gold marked skull tilted ever so slightly to the right. "The Sun God sent me here. I am supposed to get my heart fixed in return for living here." It all sounded so ridiculous as it fell from my mouth into the silence. How many could say that they were hand picked by the Sun God himself to come live in his patron herd? Maybe I was foolish in thinking I was some kind of special, but only time would tell what my fate would be here.

"Speech"
Tag: @[Sohalia]
Words: 412
OOC: Sorry this took so long dear <3

link to thread tracker

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
As if to prove the truth of the child's words, she suddenly became encased in a warm light. Her body radiated with a golden brilliance, appearing especially bright and shiny on the parts of her that were already gold in colour. Each feather on her wings seemed to glisten on its own, reflecting rainbow patterns onto the ground, and onto Sohalia's pale body.

Fire slowly wrapped around her legs, cascading upwards until her entire body was covered in harmless flames. Suddenly the flames seemed to seep into her body. Her petite form began to glow from the inside, as if a golden torch had suddenly ignited deep within her belly. In fact. it had.

The light wrapped around her heart, fragile and imperfectly made. There, it began to work, slowly knitting together bits of matter to create an organ that would be free of impurities and defects. Although it would take time, the God would fulfill his promise.

[For the next month, Faeanne will glow from the inside while the Sun God's magic repairs her heart!]
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO

I'M THE END OF A HITCHCOCK MOVIE
A LITTLE DARK AND A LOT CONFUSING.

Had the filly not suddenly become encased in fire the WildFire might not have landed. He might even have missed it - but as her body continued to glow, it drew his gaze downwards. Far below, he spied Sohalia and the glowing oddly-marked child. From his view in the sky, he wondered vaguely if it was Serenity, for she bore similar markings and dabs of gold. Although his mate and Sultana of the herd was there to deal with whatever might have occurred, his curiosity was peaked. The only times that he had seen such an occurrence was in the presence of the God the Sun, and if their deity had arrived, or if his power had fallen over the girl, Gaucho needed to know of it.

Drawing his flame-tipped wings to his sides, the dun dove from the frosty morning. Dark feathers pulled from his reddish sides to allow him to land easily next to the petite white mare. Gaucho towered over both, his height emphasized by the pulsing symbols that danced upon his antlers. Nostrils flared, the WildFire looked down at the child with interest, noting the way her body glowed with the same light that poured from his antlers. It was clearly not Serenity - that much was obvious. But who was this child, alone on their borders? Surely she was not a child of any mare within his herd, he would have noticed her before now (it should surprise very few that for the same reasons the Sun God called her to his land, Gaucho also found enticing. She was a beautiful child).

"Sun God do this?" He asked simply, his voice deep and resonant as he addressed Faeanne. The WildFire's flame-tipped wings gently hugged his sides, adding to the warm glow that the child's body was still producing.

.| . | .

FOXX

Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Outcast
TierRen

Amazement mixed with a pinch of horror washed over my infantile frame as the world around me began to grow brighter as if the sun itself was growing closer and closer to the planet on which we stood. For a second it was enough to make me want to turn and high tail it as quickly as my long limbs would carry me back to the mainland, until I looked down and realized that it was me causing the world to burn so brightly. All words were lost as white pupiled eyes widened to the size of a draft's hooves when the shockingly gentle flames began to lick their way up my gold speckled limbs where they continued to grow until my entire body was encased in the warm embrace of the flames.

I would always feel a closeness with fire, even though I was no pyromaniac I had to admit there was a beauty to the danger and destruction that came along with the bright oranges, red, and yellows of the flames. But just as quickly as the beautiful fire had appeared, it seeped into my flesh leaving behind nothing but a glowing residue that seemed to be pouring from inside of me to light up the rest of the world. There wasn't time to ask the white dove, Sohalia, about the events that had just occurred as when I finally looked up and away from my now glowing body I found myself staring at a large bay beast with black wings and antlers.

The oddly marked stallion was a stranger if I had ever seen one, but something about the way he carried himself and looked at me screamed power and authority two things that I struggled with. Dark ears flicked back for a moment before twisting to the side as I wondered if I should introduce myself to the newcomer or if he was going to speak first and break the awkward silence that was obviously caused by my sudden combustion. "Sun God do this?" It seemed there was no cause for my introduction, the illiterate stallion was much more interested in why I was glowing. I couldn't blame him though, surely if I had just watched a filly come out of a fire without a single scratch on her I would have a few questions of my own. Pools of molten gold flicked away from the stallion's stormy eyes and rested hungrily for a moment on the flames that licked at the tips of his wings, one day I would be as strong as the great beast who stood before me. I would be able to spend my days with the flames by my side.

"Well, it's never happened to me before. So I would assume it was the Sun God's doing." Slender shoulders adorned with star spangled wings rose and fell in a shrug as I tore my eyes away from the stallion's wing and back to my own glowing body. How long would I remain a beacon? Would I return to normal or forever look radioactive? It didn't really matter as long as I would soon be able to run and play like others my own age I supposed. Glancing away from my chest I looked up at the bay through the thick white lashes that framed my strange eyes before my childish voice broke through the silence once more. "Who are you?"

"Speech"
Tag: @[Gaucho]
Words: 577
OOC: Sorry this took so long dear, I was going to wait for Rayo...but I guess we will just continue from here. <3

link to thread tracker
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO

I'M THE END OF A HITCHCOCK MOVIE
A LITTLE DARK AND A LOT CONFUSING.

The idea that the Sun God would bless a child like this was .... surprising. Gaucho assumed that the reason his two sons burned like embers had something to do with the Sun God - after all, his magic coursed through Gaucho in every way possible. He didn't glow of course, but his antlers did, and his wings radiated flame. Those gifts had been given to him for specific deeds done ... what could this child have done? If he could have heard the Sun God's reasoning, he would likely have understood. I did this because she is beautiful and was in need of help. Gaucho knew what it was to covet beautiful things (as this thought passed through his mind, he momentarily looked over at Sohalia: a beacon of beauty and grace in stark contrast with the endless burning of the desert), and smiled. Turning his gaze back to Faelene he nodded as if no more needed to be said.

Towering over her, the Sultan's dark lips broke briefly in a grin causing the bone that pierced his nose to dance slightly. Who was he? What child could be blessed by the God of the Sun and not know Gaucho? It was not pride or arrogance that caused these thoughts, but what meagre logic he was capable of: If the child was sent here, surely the God wouldn't have done so without guidance? Then again .... the God of the Sun more or less did what he wanted. The depths of Gaucho's gaze was warm and kind, a look reserved for only a handful, but certainly for anyone blessed by his deity. "I am Gaucho the ivezh-ring - the WildFire. Dragon's Throat my herd."

His antlered skull lowered slightly to get a better look at the filly, which also allowed Mara the chance to inspect her as well. Black beady eyes peered out there a tangle of black main as the silvery-white snake judged the child. Her forked tongue scented the air ambiguously.

"If Sun God do this, then you stay. Throat is Sun God's land." Gaucho's flaming wings extended from his flanks and swept backwards, as if trying to direct her eye to the land in which she now stood. "If Sun God do this ... that why you're here?"

.| . | .

FOXX

Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.