the Rift

[OPEN] Sing Me A Lullaby of Lies

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

The playing comes to a seize and the small pegasus turns on me, her pupils - dull and white - are surrounded by an elegant gold shimmer. I have to take a deep, quivering breath to steady my throbbing heart, because once more all I can see is the lifeless white eyes of the body that I had tucked away in the garden of my past home. Her eyes are hard but distant, 'Blind' I huff in my mind, though I know she can see when she looks directly at me.. no, she's looking past me. The soft crinkle of forked hooves on hardy earth makes my ears swivel toward the noise and my laced snout to swing around, sharp eyes settling now on a stallion who bores antlers that are so similar to my own. Shocked, I cock my crowned head to the left, drawing in a deep breath to taste his scent. Was he one of my own? No, I would remember him.. He would remember me, surely.

“A midnight swim isn't always a bad thing now is it?” The filly's father. They look nothing alike. Pity, because he is handsome. My eyes follow while the stallion with the deep brown bars, turning back to the small female who's eyes now have grown in size. 'This is not her father.' My chest tightens while the filly backs away, her silvery tail floating around her on top of the water like fog across a valley; she is scared. The strange male slinks into the water, calling back to me to join them in the cold waters. Brows furrow beneath silky white hair, eyes narrowing slightly as his dusty lips turn up into a grin. As much as I do enjoy water, I stare silently, letting my expression answer for me.

"Who are you." the star-dribbled girl questions, her voice much more dominant than she appears to be capable of owning. My jaw clenches, looking to the antlered man; he doesn't seem off, but then again... we're in Helovia. "Get away from her." I state, my gravely voice calm while I size him up. I'd rather not fight over a child that I don't know, but if the filly cannot hold her own, I will. My tail begins to snap back and forth quickly, long fringes cracking the air while crickets ring all around us. "You don't know him?" My eyes pry on the pegasus whom I had just scolded for being in the cold water at such late hours of the night.

Motherly instincts come and go with age, I suppose.

Walking "Talking" Thinking

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Sing Me A Lullaby of Lies - by Thranduil - 09-22-2014, 12:59 AM
RE: Sing Me A Lullaby of Lies - by Faeanne - 09-22-2014, 08:38 AM
RE: Sing Me A Lullaby of Lies - by Thranduil - 10-25-2014, 11:59 PM
RE: Sing Me A Lullaby of Lies - by Faeanne - 11-05-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: Sing Me A Lullaby of Lies - by Agrona - 11-22-2014, 11:49 PM