the Rift

Time's A-Wastin'

Khan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Khan-Christine
"far from the maddening crowd's ignoble strife, their sober wishes never learned to stray" -Thomas Gray

The sun struggled against a monotone sky, drowning in a sea of shades of grey. The lone inky mare walked slowly, bright baby blues glazed to guard her running imagination. Khan-Christine had always been the average mare, never too happy, never too sad, always in a mediocre mood and allowing outside influence to decide her current emotions. She had made peace with this long ago- her wide range of friends had previously made her siblings think her mad, however K.C. never really cared. It wasn't in her nature to care, especially when it came to honesty. Her unguarded mouth and equally free mind came to others with consequence. It took a brave equine to be her friend, for it was her friends who received the worst of her honest tidings. But that was the price of friendship; in return, one got a loyal companion, one who would risk their own life to save another. Some considered it worth the risk, while others had gradually numbed themselves to her presence. Not much bothered the young lady, though, especially not the loss of friends.
Her shadow disappeared as a bloated cloud took the sun under, pulling the starkly contrasting mare from her mulling. The shiny black of her hide made the long, bleached locks of her mane glow even without sunlight (not in a literal sense, however K.C. would never pass by such a compliment). When she looked up from observing the spotty green floor of the forest, Khan really took in her surroundings. The leaves were turning a stunning array of oranges, reds, greens, and the occasional yellow. The wind shuttered the trees, unlatching a new batch of leaves from the canopy above. Khan-Christine watched as they twirled towards the ground, lighter than paper, ballerinas on the stage of seasons. A set of red and yellow foliage draped across her back, accenting like natural jewelry. A small smile rose to her onyx lips before the stout Rocky Mountain mutt paraded through a party of colors, hoof steps crackling and snapping by the red and yellow carpet below.

OOC: Up for grabs! Anyone can claim her, I don't too much care.
Horse:hp-zafira.deviantart.com Rocks: CAStock.deviantart.com

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
No one takes kindly to being greeted by a drunkard. It's something I've noticed in my attempts at bringing new Helovians home with me to the Falls. I don't know if it's the smelly breath or if they're just intimidated by my rugged handsomeness - but they generally have chosen others over me. Rjection starts to hurt, you know? And yet, here I am again. Sucker for pain, huh? Yes, maybe I am. (No I'm not.) Damaris trails behind me, her body filling out to show her full size. Maybe Damaris intimidates them? I can imagine a hellhound with glowing green eyes might have that effect. But we were rejected even when she was just a puppy - who could say no to puppy eyes?! Only the cruel, soulless ones, it must be. She moves much quieter than I do, but her mind is active. 'No gloomy.' She scolds me for beating myself up for my past failures. 'Keep try.' She's more optimistic than I am, and I try to shrug off her encouragement, but we both know that I'm cheering up despite my futile attempts.

A breeze blows, lifting my two toned mane and ruffling the fur on Damaris's back. She stops and lifts her nose into the air. It takes me a second longer, but I notice the scent that is carried there as well. Damaris sneaks ahead of me, nearly silent among the leaves that are scattered across the forest floor. Images of a dark mare with silvery mane -- much like my previous herd-mate Satanic Silk -- flood my mind. She is hornless, wingless. I find it is a surprisingly welcome change. I feel that my safety is less threatened than normal. That being said - it's another mare. Dare I bring her home to the Falls? The last one was nuts, and I got the sense that Midas was not too pleased with my find. And yet, here I am and she is alone. We need more to fill our ranks, female or male, crazy or sane. I follow in Damaris's path, and together we reveal ourselves to the female. I clear my throat to catch her attention, hoping to not startle her.

"G'day Lady Comrade. I am Rostislav, this is Damaris." I nod to the hellhound now sitting at my feet. She watches the female warily, aware that not all of my latest encounters have gone smoothly. But she waits for signs of ill will before jumping to conclusions. Good for her..

WC: 413
Tag: @[Khan]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Unregistered

Khan-Christine
"far from the maddening crowd's ignoble strife, their sober wishes never learned to stray" -Thomas Gray

The stout mare wandered without a hint of plan, simply enjoying the dreary day at its best. The light noise of hoofbeats drew her attention, though she didn't look back until a throat cleared itself deeply. Ugh, crap. You're probably in someone's land. Good going Khan. she thought to herself before turning around with an expectant expression . The one that stood before her, obviously male, neared her height, though that was where the similarities ended. His hide was chestnut Rabicano, richly decorated with markings and scars. Her eyes wandered to his tail, taking in the sight of a long lions tail with inky hairs. Questions flooded her mind, but Khan kept her mouth shut. Wouldn't want to upset the host now would we? Slowly she made her way to his face and stifled a gasp of disbelief. His long twisted horns shone proudly in the faint sunlight, leading down to a di-colored mane and further to a set of silvery irises. What the hell is this?! What effed-up world did you stumble in to?. Khan continued to question her sanity and wearily looked at the huge black hellhound at the dude's heels.
"H-hello." Khan-Christine cleared her throat and continued, voice slightly more stable. "If this is your property, I didn't mean to intrude, I was just passing through." Khan waited a moment, staring awkwardly at the bark of the tree beside the heavy brute. She chewed on her lip before blurting, "What even are you?" She stood appalled at his of appearance, not quite aesthetically pleasing but not horrid either.
OOC: hello! I'm excited to have Khan rp with you guy!

Yeah, I was right. She's intimidated but not by my rugged good looks. Her voice quivers as she responds to me, and I stare, not responding to the emotion that encircles itself around the utterance. Damaris starts to wag her tail, hoping that a sign of happiness will help the dark lady relax. She doesn't provide her name, to my disappointment, but I suppose her response is par for the course. Her gasp of surprise doesn't offer me any encouragement, but at least she hasn't started spitting insults at me or flapping around like a trapped beast. I wish I could stuff a cookie in her mouth and tell her to relax. She stammers a hello, then begins apologizing, mistaking the threshold for my territory. I puff out my chest, not expecting such a compliment. She thinks this is all MINE? Just mine? 'Airhead!' Damaris whispers in my mind, making fun of my sudden self-importance. I deflate a little and correct the miss. "No, this is the entrance to Helovia. It belongs to no one. I am here to greet you and offer you a home, should you choose to find one." Wow - is that the nicest, most polite explanation I've ever given? Why yes, I think it is. But that's not all she's confused about - she has no idea what I am. The biggest, baddest thing you've ever seen! I think to myself, swallowing a chuckle. "I'm a unicorn. We come in many shapes, sizes, and designs. You have not seen one before?" And here I thought I was the clueless one! Nice to be the street smart one of the two for once. Damaris stands and approaches the female, sticking her nose out to sniff her, and offer gentle and friendly contact.

WC: 294

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Unregistered

Khan-Christine

Fine strands of her alabaster mane wafted with the turn of Khan's head as she viewed the surrounding area. She listened half-heartedly, interested in his answer but still trying to piece together the puzzle. How had she gotten here? Running, fear, anger, shock, sadness. All were feelings she remembered being victim of within the past two days, though she couldn't remember the events that took place to give such an array of feelings. Besides, it hardly mattered anyway, Khan was sure that whatever she came from was far worse than being lost and accompanied by a two-horned beast with a watch dog. Khan gave a small smile to Rostislav and then to his hound, Damaris. "So, the entrance to a new land, huh? Funny, I've never been anywhere except... except..." Khan furrowed her brows in thought, attempting to remember her past life. Her memories provided nothing, so the onyx mare perked her head and looked pointed at the two strange beings before her. "Well, since it looks like I'm not going back, perhaps you could show me around this joint? I'd love to see all it has to offer, and besides, I don't really know anyone here. Well, besides you, Mister Rostislav. And, of course, your handsome little pooch." As she spoke Khan-Christine wandered closer, ending her speech with her body standing just before Rostislav and face smiling down at Damaris. She looked at him and batted her lashes excitedly, occasionally glancing behind the brute to the path he had traveled moments before. "So, what do you say, Mister Rostislav? Let's call it a date." Khan pushed her way between the horse and his hound, intending to travel with or without them, however a thought stopped the young mare. "Oh my, I haven't told you my name, have I? Silly me. It's Khan-Christine, though you can call me Khan. Or Christine. Or Chris. I really don't mind. Do you mind if I call you Rost? You see, your name is such a mouth full, I couldn't try to say it all at once every single time. So, Rost it is." Khan grinned and departed without waiting for an answer.
OOC: My apologies for not replying, my computer suddenly crashed and I just got it fixed. About Khan, she tends to become more and more bold as she gets comfortable with someone, so if she acts bold and such its because she's becoming comfortable with him and Damaris.

I don't know if I should be surprised, but it appears the lady has quite a mouthful to say. I think about what I've just spoken, and wonder if I was equally as loquacious. Perhaps more so than normal, but not to the extent that she is. I blink a few times and try to keep my focus, and absorb the free-flowing speech as it comes at me. She's friendly enough, and doesn't seem nearly as high maintenance or nuts as the broads I normally find here in the threshold. That's a relief, to say the least. She agrees to come with me before I have even heard her name, and she seems to think of it at the last second. Khan-Christine. Hmm.. a strange name, but there are many in Helovia with strange names. I nod and think to myself that I will call her Khan, though it beguiles her gender. But that's her problem, not mine. Damaris sends me feelings of approval of cheer, and I feel my own body relax - maybe we're doing a good thing this time! Khan has decided to call me Rost. I think to correct her and tell her I prefer Rosti.. but it seems too small a detail for an all-important stallion like myself to bother with. I think. Oh well, we'll all get the idea I think.

Khan walks past me toward the Falls, impatient to explore and learn more about Helovia. I nod appreciatively and turn to join her. Damaris bounds ahead of us, leading the way with a wagging tail. "Then I shall take you first to my home, the Hidden Falls, just north of here." I let my tail swish back and forth behind me as I walk beside her back the way I came. I hope that Midas and Ghost will be pleased with my newcomer.

WC: 309
OOC: If you want to join the Falls then (I think so?), then either you or I can start a welcoming thread in the Falls board.

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread