the Rift

[OPEN] revelry and merriment; [ Festival Entrance/Tent ]

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Rumour came to the Dragon's Throat somehow, moving along the way that ears and lips told one another stories. The party wasn't at the Basin, instead the island. Then after, I'd become more comfortable with preparing for it, but my ideas over Basin members never changed. Experience told me to leave them alone, along with everyone else. Rikyn was the only one who made it seem worth going, and worried I might hurt feelings, gathered up my heart, the thousand pound weight that was my depression, my spilled emotions and tears just to go in case it might be worth it.
Having bathed in the lake, scraping away the grime and dirt coloured the same shade of orange that buried the desert in, I left slowly, almost dragging my hooves though I moved out of what was once the canyons to the caves. There the glowing flowers were pulled down on their vines as gently as I could manage in order to keep myself from being bland. One way or another, they'd been twisted into my tail and made a crown, glowing white and twinkling with low illumination. A single flower was added to the lop of the glass fish, intertwined with metal chain that strung it about my neck.
For once, I felt good about myself, thinking about beauty, how this could keep the smell of peppermint that lingered after my step and ribs faintly outlining my barrel. I wasn't so frail like I'd been in the recent moons.
The whole process of arriving is mundane. I try at soothing my worries and swallow my heart when it lodges firmly in my throat while taking my ride on a cloud, making sure to admire a view and remember what Cera had told me. His words drown my worries, but they know how to swim, and come back up. Touching the island is no easy feat. While the cloud isn't tethered to my hocks, I'm not prepared for this. I need to fly more. I need to feel free and not be touched by anyone, where I'm safe. The Basin can't threaten my life again while I'm flying.
It happens, me walking to the Basin tent with my depression a jail weight that's really what's tethered to me with a chain made of every bad memory. Please don't let them really kill me this time.
They're there, dancing, celebrating, in high spirits by their decorated tent. It's appearance almost takes the fear away, but there's something I can't see comple-
Oh sweet Moon goddess, what is that?
See? See, I should of never come, coming in all done up to be pretty only to see a monster wandering the entrance who makes me become a fool with my tail between my legs. My eyes can't leave it when I walk past. I'm still invited, right?
Evening!
"Oh, hello?" I try to drown the worries again, pushing them into the waters by their shoulders and hoping their head stays down. So out of place and terrified, I've forgotten how I'm supposed to introduce myself. The bay and golden one reminds me of Rikyn, nearing her when I do come by. Whenever I've gotten over my fear of them, my words are kicked out.
"I'm Sikeax, from the Throat. This is still the party, right?" It's a dumb question to ask, but fearful I came to the wrong occasion, maybe I shouldn't take chances.

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Messages In This Thread
RE: revelry and merriment; [ Festival Entrance/Tent ] - by Sikeax - 09-27-2014, 08:19 PM