the Rift

[OPEN] out of loneliness dawns creativity [Sensory #3]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
E L S A
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making..

The irony of feeling alone is that things get done way quicker, or at least it seemed to be that way to Elsa. Her friend, well, maybe, Cashmere, was hard to find lately. As was most of her friends, Amani disappeared, and Abishia. It seemed that her only friends existed within the non-existent bond between Beowulf, Midas, and well, Oxy. That, was just about it. There was not a female friend to her name, and it was pathetic.

So, moping in the corner as she usually did, she may as well be a little more productive. Her thoughts led her back to the vacant pile of debris and cells. The two finished cells sat pristine and empty, a thin layer of debris beginning to form upon the untouched surface. It was good they had yet to obtain a prisoner, but what did that say about the leadership? Were the Falls really without enemies? Elsa highly doubted that, I mean, the Asylum (a name so foreign now) lived within the water walls of the falls. Although, at this point the Asylum seemed to be no more than a dying whisper upon the breath of its members. No one referred to themselves as the Asylum anymore- they were the falls.

She stepped over to the Sensory Deprivation room. It's carved out cavern with one lonely wall stood unfinished against the two pristine cells. It looked like a sad wound upon the mighty mountain. Her "magic" so to speak began to work as rocks were tumbling, melding and falling. Slowly, the bottom part of one of the walls began to form. The rugged rocks were transforming into one, smooth slab. Ironic that it may one day drive someone to madness.

The dusk had faded to night by now. Stars glittered in the sky above her and she smiled in disgust. Why did the stars shine the brightest? Was it because they had friends? Was Elsa nothing more than a burnt out star who had run her course? She would not be a supernova. She would dissipate into nothingness.

words 9001 | tags @[Bellona] and open! | ooc stuff, stuff, stuff

Table by Vossity
Credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Cashmere
Left with little purpose other than to build prison cells and rooms for the Falls, I return to the herd land with my head hung low. I don't feel like there's much in my life besides the crafting. The Voice has left me, which I would be grateful for, except that at least then I had someone to talk to. Now.. there's nothing. Perhaps she got bored of my life and went off to bother someone else. "I'm still here you twat." She speaks to me, and I get excited, picking my head up as I walk and my ears twitch with signs of life. But the buzz that was in my head when she spoke is gone again. Did I just imagine her? No.. she's there.. she just doesn't want to talk to me. I sigh and drop my lady crown again, feeling dejected and rejected. Is my only use crafting? Talk about an identity crisis.

I hear rumbling as I approach the area, and thought the sun is setting and the darkness falls over us, I can see the white of Elsa's pelt in the moonlight. Oh Elsa - I presume she feels much the same that I do. Lost to all except Midas and his crafting ideas. Not that I harbor any ill will against Midas - that would be quite a twisting of my words. But he is the one that asks us to work, and so we do. Unquestioning, determined hard workers we are. Even in the night here she is working. And I will join her. As I near her I call out, letting her know that I'm near and to not hit me with the rock.

I stop not far away and watch, my face barely hiding the gloom that fills my soul. A sigh tries to escape but I bury it deep inside. Finally words crawl out of my mouth, lacking in energy and enthusiasm. "What's next - the second wall?" I look at the rock that tumbles down. Unlike the last two cells, this one will be free-standing out in the open, and we have to build walls this time. The rock that falls now will need to be constructed into a second wall.

@[Bellona] @[Elsa]
Note: Using Elsa's large item.

What is BROKEN cannot always be REMADE
Image Credit
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

E L S A

The rock tumbled to the ground, falling in a massive heap of shale and other mineralized rocks. Elsa sighed, but her heart rose a little at the sound of a familiar voice. It was feminine, and friendly. Although, it seemed without enthusiasm, much like Elsa. She turned, and faced Cashmere who had now arrived. Her grey coat providing a little more mental stability. Elsa wasn't sure she could get through this without a friend by her side. "Yep, I believe anyways. Im kind of out of the loop now." She admitted shamefully. She should know what she was supposed to be doing, not just waiting for the last possible moment to figure out what to do.

Elsa walked around to the fallen pile, looking at the slab before her that she had to work with. This would by far be much harder than the cells carved out into the rock. A tinge of anger blotted her mind as she thought of those cells, they were so much work! And yet... they weren't even being used. She gritted her teeth but turned back to the task at hand. "We just need to get this up and running soon, so we can, well, move onto the next task I suppose." Well that sounded exciting. Her voice ended on a particularly lackluster note as she began to summon her magic. One by one, the boulders began to smooth out as they piled on top of each other. But after a few moments passed, it was much harder to keep concentrating. Getting a wall to stand on its own was not as easy as it looked, that was for sure.

words 9001 | tags Cashmere. Bellona is still welcome to join, just wanted to get caught up on my posts. | ooc stuff, stuff, stuff

Table by Vossity
Credits

Adoptable
Cashmere

Elsa is prompt in her response, and she admits that she has not been good in keeping up with herd activities and herd crafting responsibilities. I chuckle, realizing that she and I have found ourselves in similar situations. I am not sure that I've been keeping great track of the goings-on of the herd either. I sigh and shake my head, disappointed in myself more than Elsa. I am sure she has been busy with important things. I certainly haven't - I've been doing a whole lot of nothing. As she returns to the slab of stone, I hear her speak again what floats around constantly in my mind, and her words are tinged with anger. I am not angry about these things, just.. bleh-feeling.

I watch her and start to mimic her action, except I move from smoothing to making the rocks fit together as if applying invisible adhesive. It takes a moment but they start to hold still as Elsa moves them into place. "I understand the feeling. It seems like building these cells is all we'll ever do, and when will they be used? We have an alliance with the Throat and we're friendly with the Edge. The Basin is the only herd left but still no prisoners. I guess this is just.. preparation?" Oh my goodness.. word vomit much? I feel heat enter my cheeks for being so suddenly talkative and return my focus to the job at hand. Not to mention, I shouldn't be putting down the initiatives of the herd, nor should I complain that we have alliances! Goodness, what's gotten into me? Maybe I'm just feeling a little lost and disconnected these days.. like I'm living in a vacuum. It's a strange way to live and apparently it makes me say strange things.

WC: 299
Tag: @[Elsa]

What is BROKEN cannot always be REMADE
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

E L S A

Two working together was much easier than doing it alone. She didn't have to pause every three seconds to make sure that the walls were staying together. Elsa just shuffled her feet and continued to work, unsure of what to say. So when Cashmere spoke, her voice was welcomed with a tight, nervous laugh. The truth was though, she really missed having someone to talk to while she worked. It was shameful that Elsa couldn't keep a friendship together like she could keep work together. "Un-needed preparation." She responds with a scoff, stopping for a moment to look at Cashmere. "I feel like me and you are both under appreciated. It was great when we were first a herd, so ambitious, so motivated, but now..." Her voice trails off as she begins to think of the words she wants to say.

A few moments pass as she searches for the words. "Don't you feel like that? I mean, that we are just existent to the rest of them?" Maybe it was Elsa just being selfish, but the herd was not crafting-oriented. There were very few, if any crafters still existing. "I just, I sometimes wonder if I made the right choice." She confessed awkwardly. "But don't tell the leads that, I love working here, with you, but sometimes I wonder if there is more." She awkwardly finishes before returning to her work. Elsa just needed to get that off her chest, especially in light of recent events regarding her eye, and her activity in general. She had hit kind of a slump recently, and it was not fun.

words 9001 | tags @[Cashmere] | ooc stuff, stuff, stuff

Table by Vossity
Credits

Adoptable
Elsa speaks words that are so much like the own that travel through my heart. As if she knows exactly what is going on in my mind, swirling around and poisoning my soul and spirit. I realize that neither of us are feeling quite so aggressive toward our herd, nor do we hold any true grudge or negativity. However, everything she says rings true. Elsa and I are very much on our own, trying to accomplish things that seem to go unnoticed by the rest of the herd. Would our spies, our warriors, anyone but Midas even notice that these cells are being built? Surely the Earth God knows, for we use his strength and power, draw from his spirit and materials. I heave a sigh and remain silent for a moment before drawing up a response to the fair maid. "Your secret is safe with me, for I feel much the same." No more words need to be said, nothing more to seal the feelings or conclude the dialogue. It comes to its natural end, and quickly, so does our work. Soon the wall stands firm, and I am confident that we will be able to move on to another part of the cell soon. For now, however, both of us need to rest. I feel ache in my bones, as if someone had loaded stones on my back and whipped me into slavery. I'm exhausted as if I haven't slept for days, and my mind creeps along like a snail, leaving a line of drowsy slime behind. I look to Elsa and lie down next to the pegasus, letting my head rest on the cool ground and comfort my overheated body. "We have done well, but the rest must wait for another day. We need to rest before we start again."

WC: 303
Tag: @[Elsa]
It occurred to me that these should take place over like.. a few weeks. And we just make them happen in one sitting. OH WELL. Last post for me

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread