the Rift

Jim Bob and Bobbi Jo

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
You’ll never guess what I heard Jim Bob telling Bobbi Jo over lunch the other day. Jim Bob said, “Eiffel 65 dun’ got demselves a record deal!”

Bobbi Jo tried to one up him by replying, “I seen da cover; y’can poke my eye with a stick an’ fly me t’ heaven if it ain’t a Christmas album.”

Not to be outdone, Jim Bob added, “Well I ‘eard one o’ their cover songs was gonna be Defyin’ Gravity.” My personal opinion is that the entire conversation was outlandish.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
Bellona blocks Elsa. She regards the painted lady with mild curiosity. "Is this what friendship entails?"

You’ll never guess what I heard Jim Bob telling Bobbi Jo over lunch the other day. Jim Bob said, “Eiffel 65 dun’ got demselves a record deal!”
--> Eiffel 65' is known for a song called Blue; blue references her markings

Bobbi Jo tried to one up him by replying, “I seen da cover; y’can poke my eye with a stick an’ fly me t’ heaven if it ain’t a Christmas album.”
--> she has lost her eye; christmas for her winter theme

Not to be outdone, Jim Bob added, “Well I ‘eard one o’ their cover songs was gonna be Defyin’ Gravity.” My personal opinion is that the entire conversation was outlandish.
--> defying gravity references her species, pegasus

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

"Worry not, peahen; I don't seek your crafter, though I have to admit I am jealous of her abilities."

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
Ampere is safe.

Eiffel 65 is most well know for their song, "blue" which she has a color and a player.

Defying gravity = flight = pegasus.
Outlandish = Ampere came from another land and is a bit 'wild'.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

"I'm not sure I trust you enough to let you in the Edge. Stay free, blue bird!"

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Illynx defends Aithniel.

Hybrid reference, Aithniel has a stick (horns) and could fly to heaven (wings); Christmas album reference to divinity, Aithniel is a demigod.

Defying gravity is about breaking away from authority, which would fit her personality.
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

"I wouldn't dare go after your daughter, GildedBlade. Keep her in her frozen prison."

Kahlua attempted to steal Hototo's harp.

Eiffel 65 is known for their song Blue => Blue Dun.

Poke eye with stick / Fly to heaven => Both wings and horns
Christmas album => reference to green/red in Hototo's eyes

Song defying gravity => reference to Hototo's floating harp that he carries

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme

+1 | I was definitely looking for a blue character, but now the dun part makes sense to me!

0 | the poking of the eye didn't immediately make me think of horns since it had the eyeball part in it
+1 | I was definitely looking for red and green with the Christmas part there!

0 | this is really clever, but the clues are supposed to be more about the character - another judge may disagree with me

2/3 - fail from me

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
FAIL

+1| [color ref] This teetered a bit on the line for me, because although I think some people may be familiar with the blue song, not everyone may be. It did turn up as a google search for their name though, but so did a lot of other things. I passed it personally because I was immediately thinking blue.

+1| [species ref] Definitely got the hybrid reference there
0| [color ref] I really felt that just referencing eye color wasn't really enough, but you also already used a color ref so this doesn't count either way.

0| [item ref] I think there needed to be more reference to the harp in some way. Defyin' Gravity alone makes me think of the song from Wicked or something about the song itself, or even a character flying which could not, making me think of something magical related that helps them fly.

2/3 necessary to pass

Ultimately the clues were just a bit too vague, lost within all the fluff for each line.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode