the Rift

[OPEN] Mortality is a mindset. [ Welcoming ]

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

Physically filthy was an apt description of Ulrik's exterior. He had been working on the massive, metal equine sentinels, and thus was covered in layers of grease and electrical stimulants. As always, a fine layer of dirt dulled the sheen of his coat, but he didn't give a damn about appearances - well, unless you had wings or were hornless. Unfortunately such tragedies were just too criminal to overlook.

The anxious sputtering of the gray mare gives rise to the true answer to his question, and he raises a brow. A god, hm? Certainly she did not just fall from a womb but had dear mommy and daddy telling her that she was more than just mortal flesh wrapped around bones - a meatbag, capable of death and life. Delusional, perhaps, but Ulrik would not blame her entirely for the delusion. If no one told her throughout her life that she was just like the rest, then how was she to know any differently?

Finally, her words seemed to settle into some sort of normalcy, and Ulrik nodded. "A doctor here is quite adept at making poisons, and they are capable of rendering even the most sane to states of hallucination and insanity." The gruff stallion took a step toward beloved with this stranger threatened one of their own on his territory. Ulrik slammed his ears back against his skull.

"You would do well to honor those who bring you to a realm such as this..." he warned. He would not tolerate such threats to their own. If she wanted to reside with them, she would have to assimilate - no options. Ulrik's bronze eyes were glittering with madness, for he was not even as sane as he seemed. He forever bordered on madness and genius, and his creations, massive and beautiful, kept him firmly grounded.

"This is the Aurora Basin," he said. "The patron land of the God of Time itself and refuge in the mountains far away from the petty trifles of others. We are lead by Illynx the Gildedblade and Deimos the Reaper. You are welcome to live here, if you want, but I am afraid some notions you have about yourself will be challenged." Ulrik shrugged, not afraid to crush and eat dreams for the reality of fact.

"You are no god here. We have seen the gods, and we have benefited from their power. The quicker you face that fact, the quicker you can move on with your life in a productive way."

---------------------------------

So sorry for the lateness. I was doing a ton of site updates and then had alot of work this weekend. Also, Ulrik is what I call hyper rational, so think... Bones from that show. lol.

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mortality is a mindset. [ Welcoming ] - by Naira - 09-30-2014, 07:03 PM
RE: Mortality is a mindset. [ Welcoming ] - by Naira - 10-03-2014, 01:07 AM
RE: Mortality is a mindset. [ Welcoming ] - by Ulrik - 10-06-2014, 09:55 AM
RE: Mortality is a mindset. [ Welcoming ] - by Naira - 10-07-2014, 07:29 PM