the Rift

[OPEN] Life and Lessons [Kirah, Open]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Since obtaining the precious egg from the God of the Earth, Apollo felt no reason as to why he should leave the floating, heavenly Isle. This place, this paradise-in-the-sky would be the perfect place to watch over the egg nestled at his side, the perfect place for the creature, whatever it may be that lurked within the fragile shell, to see the world with its very own eyes upon hatching. So, no. Apollo felt no reason to leave, and his heart was alight with excitement and peace. It was a rejuvenating feeling, a welcome contradiction to the heavy mantle of melancholy that had been prone to weighing him down in the recent past.

A smile was stationed on the stallion's dark lips, orbs of gentle, honey-brown focused on the egg that he lay beside. It was pressed intimately against the side of his ink-blotched barrel, safe in his hypothetical embrace, roosting in a nest of soft grasses, reeds, and vines. The Merciful's velveteen muzzle lipped at the hard shell of the egg like the gentle caress of a lover, nostrils flaring as he took in the earthy scent that it seemed to give off.

"Soon, my little ball of earth," Apollo murmured, his grin growing broadly as he spoke to whatever creature lay inside, "Soon, you'll greet this world and its beauty, and I'll teach you all that I can." Already the overo felt close with his charge, his heart swooned and taken by the innocent being. It knew nothing of the world, save it's tiny abode. It would be up to him to teach his Companion the ways of the world, to teach him or her what was 'wrong', and what was 'right'. It was a daunting task, and one that Apollo wasn't certain he was prepared for... But wasn't that a part of the quest that the God of the Earth had sent him on in the first part?

Learning what intimacy was involved between a bonded pair had been his quest, but this... This was the true test. The thought caused the Merciful to sigh heartily, his barrel expanding and then deflating slowly from where he lay. His quest may be over, but this 'test' would be a never-ending experience.

"We'll handle it together, won't we?" He murmured with a throaty chuckle, nuzzling the egg once more before lifting his head and focusing on his surroundings. There was a breeze about on this fine afternoon, rustling the long, soft grasses of the field he had found his respite in. The sky-bound waterfalls could be heard off in the distance, and the sun shone bright and warm against his ebony hide, contradicting the Orangemoon season. Up here, upon this heavenly Isle, it seemed as though the very concept of a 'season' had little to no meaning.

"Yes... I believe we will, and I believe we'll be just fine."

@[Kirah] @[Bellona]

[ooc: Hope this is alright. xD My absence has been making me rusty!]

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Kirah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Kirah

The ghostly lady walked softly, the rustle of the grass only heard now and then. Her fine, dished face lifted to the warmth of the high sun, and nostrils flared as she nickered. The sun rune around her neck soaked up the heat too, as it always did. When she lowered her head, she noticed someone she didn't see before.

The other was laying down, almost as if cradling something. The lady started walking in his direction, knowing he would most probably see her coming across the open field. She stopped halfway there, once again raising her head. Pale white nostrils stretched wide as she drank the other's scent. He had no particular scent stuck to him, but another scent lingered, the scent of earth. Of wet ground.

A soft snort came from the lady as she watched the unicorn, her delicate ears pinned forward. She lowered her head and walked farther, he tail swishing lazily. Upon coming closer, she realized the unicorn was a stallion. There was something about him that set her at ease. Her soft heart knew when she found a kind one.

"Hello," she said softly, curiously. He was cradling an egg! A soft little giggle fell from her lips, signalling her delight. Her mind drifted to Jakar and his egg, she had only met him and the mare a while ago. Her eyes fell upon the stranger's as she waited for a response. He was quite handsome, a white blaze kissing his forehead and dripping down to his muzzle. He wore white on his leg as well, and a speckled pattern of yet more white decorated his barrel. A brilliant blue horn came from his forehead. Kirah's shoulders itched, reminding her of her own horns and the joy of being in another horned one's company.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Apollo] @[Sikeax]
Words;;
Notes;; :)

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Honey-brown orbs snapped upwards and to attention the moment that a pale blur crossed the off-line of his vision. Ebony ears pricked forward, muzzle lifting higher in an attempt to make out just who was approaching. Another soul enjoying the fine weather, perhaps? Instinctively the overo shifted, his legs unfolding themselves from beneath the berth of his barrel, but the stallion remained laying upon the soft grasses, content to let the innocent egg lay against his belly. Should this stranger prove to be a threat, then he would react accordingly... But until then, the Merciful would treat them as a brother. Or, a sister, if one wished to get technical.

The closer that the stranger grew, Apollo knew that he did not know this individual. Ebony, silken tresses framed a dished, pretty face, a coat of brilliant white marred only by four lines of black brindle. Horns of a glossy black protruded from the female's shoulders, and at that, Apollo couldn't sate his curiosity. He had never seen a creature with horns in such a manner... How interesting. Was she a unicorn like him, then?

"Greetings, pale miss," Apollo called jovially in return to the ghostly mare's own greeting, a warm, boyish smile pulling his lips upwards in a welcoming display, "Come. Join us. The grass is quite comfortable here if you wish for a place of respite."

Twisting his neck, the Merciful lipped at the egg nestled upon his side once more, simply to reassure himself that it was there. This was his duty to tend to the egg, one that he planned not to fail.

"I am Apollo," the monochromatic stallion introduced, honey-brown eyes bright and jovial. "I would stand to greet you properly, young miss, but I'm afraid that I'm currently being used as a pillow, and can't quite get to my hooves unless I disturb its rest." A warm chuckle escaped the stallion's lips. "May I inquire your own name?"

@[Kirah]

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Kirah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Kirah

Kirah accepted the stallion's invitation, and laid down near his head, her long legs folded delicately to her sides. She pricked her ears listening to his words. He had a light voice, like that of a happy child, but more masculine. The stallion turned to his egg, and Kirah's head turned slightly sideways, looking at it. It was quite large, unnaturally large.

She turned back to the stallion, who introduced himself as Apollo. His eyes were amazing, a golden brown, like honey. They sparkled with a happiness and a delight only eyes of such colour could. A smile lifted her lips, soft and understanding, as he excused his lack of standing up to greet her. A gentleman indeed.

He laughed, warm and soft, yet drawing attention on its own, like the sun that shone upon her back. "Hm, my name is Kirah," the lady said, smiling. A thought popped into her head. "May I ask, do you know what is inside the egg?" she asked curiously, the wheels of her mind turning as she thought. Were all eggs home to mysteries, or were some known? Perhaps it was only Jakar who did not know what was in his egg. She pushed the bay stallion from her mind, rather focusing on the current company.

She watched the egg curiously, as if any moment the creature inside might reveal itself, but after about a minute nothing happened, and she looked at Apollo once again. His mane was what she noticed next, smooth and long, and it looked quite soft. Her chocolate brown eyes lifted to his splendid honey pools once more aas she waited for a response.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Apollo]
Words;;
Notes;; Sorry for the icky post :(.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image