the Rift

A Place to Call Home

Rekshana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Rekshana
❝Hold on to your heart; never let nobody take it over, ever take it from you.❞

The chill that ran down Thor's spine as a gelid wind blew across the unprotected expanse was noticeable to her sensitive eye, reminding Rekshana that she was also cold. She felt her own painted flanks shiver as they met Jack Frost's wintry breath. Now the realization struck her what advantages a herd would bring. It had her mind spinning for a moment before she laughed silently, cacophonous tone almost on the verge of being psychotic. Obviously this Helovia was different from anywhere else she'd ever set hoof, which made this place that much more alluring to Rekshana, her mind now wandering to what other secrets it had to offer.

As the stallion continued, she listened intently, careful not to seem too intrigued. Dark, seal-tipped ears flicked lightly atop Rekshana's skull as her gaze narrowed momentarily upon the gentleman, whom she found to be quite compulsive. No longer did he seem a threat in her eyes, yet still she remained alert. "Ah. The World's Edge, huh? Interesting. What an enticing title." the sounds left her softly, slowly, vocals almost sickly emotionless and smooth as she searched his expression for any hint of what thoughts were brewing in his head, for her seemed to be thinking. Strange eyes stared upon the pegasi as a slow smile spread across ebony tinted jowls, which was indeed something new to see. Raising a brow she spoke once more. "And what would this land have to offer to an enervated wanderer such as myself?" Her vocals spewed not a single hint of emotion lingering in their depths. For some odd reason she felt compelled to go with him. In her mind, she prayed for someone or something to show her the way, that this was the right decision. But then again, what could possibly go wrong? That was something she wouldn't dare to start on. Sometimes, she found herself to be far too worrisome, even for her own liking. Like herself, maybe this Thor character was just as lost in the world as she but hid behind a sanguine mask in order to draw some dullard who was willing to take such a mess in. It was quite a lovely thought indeed, but the question was if this new creature was willing to disclose information about himself. Rekshana knew that she herself struggled with aloof tendencies.

Sighing softly she shifted her gaze from the bay stallion, letting her gaze drift away for a moment. Those unusual eyes studied the trees ahead, the ones from which her company had emerged. "It has been quite a pleasure to cross paths with you, pegasus..." she said curtly, trailing off. Violet eyes wandered yet again as she took a moment to mull over the situation and almost laughed aloud. How silly this life was. With a painful pang, she missed Ivy. Although it had been a couple of years since her sister was last at her side, Rekshana wondered about her often. She liked to think that Ivy was safe and sound, living happily somewhere, maybe with a new family of her own by now. Yes, she was a lone mare, but Rekshana had not been part of anything such as a herd or a family for some time. The memory of her lost sibling pained her, and the mare pushed it away before she was driven into further grief. At the same moment, she couldn't help but wonder what it may be like to belong, and if it was better than always being alone. One could go crazy with only oneself for company. Her longing almost brought tears to her eyes, but she held them back. Quickly, she made up her mind. For once her voice grew gentle, her eyes finally shifted to rest steadily upon Thor, finishing the thought. "However, I'm quite tempted by your offer. Your description of the Edge seems to suit my purpose well enough. You must understand that I have had several things to take into account... but it would be an honor to join you, Thor. There is nothing for me elsewhere. Hopefully I won't become a burden to your herd and I can make myself useful. I would very much like to travel there with you, whenever you are ready to go." Her flickering gaze was now steadfast upon the lad, slightly amused by his last words although she did not reply to his attempt to flirt with her. She knew, and hoped, that she might just have made a friend. Just because the lady's past hadn't turned out the way she wanted did not mean that her future wouldn't be better than the she had ever imagined. What her destiny was, she did not know, for that knowledge was only to be possessed by the Gods. Perhaps, she thought to herself, there is a certain beauty in oblivion.

Messages In This Thread
A Place to Call Home - by Rekshana - 10-02-2014, 12:48 AM
RE: A Place to Call Home - by Thor - 10-02-2014, 08:18 AM
RE: A Place to Call Home - by Rekshana - 10-02-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: A Place to Call Home - by Thor - 10-02-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: A Place to Call Home - by Rekshana - 10-02-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: A Place to Call Home - by Thor - 10-03-2014, 09:43 AM