the Rift

[OPEN] the silence isn't so bad

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

I was already growing tired of the cold and the snow. It gathered around my hooves like a menacing snake that I could not escape. It wrapped around my ankles at times which only made for more irritating travels. Perhaps the ice that frosted the whole of Helovia had been most of the reason I’d decided to remain within the walls of the Edge that week or maybe I just felt like I needed to spend more time trying to piece back together the puzzle of all the things I’d missed out on while absent from Helovia. After all, the many things I’d witnessed in just the short time I’d been restored to the Edge had been enough to obscure me from nearly everything I’d once known. I was merely a walking question, seeking answers from those who could provide me any information. Every face, new and old, had something I wanted or truly, needed, to know. But the snow had given me enough reason to keep from wandering astray. I had a mission that I was looking to complete and with this new resolve sitting deep within my gut, I didn’t plan on giving anyone remorse.

As I started about the Edge, merely traversing aimlessly here and there, I caught sight of an auburn dragon flitting through the dense forest at my right. I watched as it dipped low here and there only to return to the upper branches with an armful of what looked to be dried tender and twigs. Something about the bird-like creature piqued my curiosity and without really intending to do so, I followed its path in child-like wonder. It twittered about for a while longer before it finally lifted above the trees seeking what appeared to be its ultimate destination and without any intentions of losing it, I moved further into the thicket. My pace quickened as I watched it through the deadened treetops; the only trace of the small dragon being a blur of red-orange flashing about in the pale blue sky. A small smile tugged at my lips at the preposterous idea of tailing what appeared to be an Edge member’s bonded, but I was far too intrigued to turn back now.

Gathering sticks and twigs meant that someone within these walls meant to build a fire and despite my increasing curiosity to know who it was, I was still more interested in sitting beside a fire myself. I could recall the many times Mirage had installed large campsites during the winter where tall flames lit the night, but I’d yet to see them during this cold season. I missed the idea immensely and perhaps this other being had known something Mirage as well. I liked knowing that someone else would be able to share something with me that they too had, had the privilege of witnessing. Mirage had been a great leader, a great friend, and an awe-inspiring figure to much of Helovia. I never thought that I’d see the day when her reign would end… but apparently the universe had other ideas about her fate.

As images of the little shadow mare taunted the darkness of my mind, I broke free of the forest and into a small clearing that housed not only the bonded dragon, but an unfamiliar mare as well. She had taken the time to clear a small spot in the snow and had used the gatherings of her bonded to light a small, but welcome fire. The woman was a pale chestnut with flaxen mane and tail and considerably younger than myself, but she appeared bright and knowledgeable. I was almost certain that I’d seen her about somewhere before, but I couldn’t place the location or date. Slowly, I ambled toward her, head low in greeting as a soft rumble parted my lips to alert her to my approach. “I see you’re not the only one suffering from the cold.” I glanced up to her emerald eyes, held there by their striking coloration, before smiling kindly. “I’m Thor… and I don’t believe we’ve met before.

STANDING NEXT TO ME
oh the man I can be

colourize-stock | burtn | firenzelotus22 | semperfiesty

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-07-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-26-2014, 08:36 PM