the Rift

[OPEN] the silence isn't so bad

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

I hadn’t taken notice of the mare’s patchwork until now as it stood glaringly upon her shoulder distracting me from reply until I was finally able to tear myself from the thing, merciful for sudden release. So many strange new faces and yet I was the one that felt out of place... This had been my home for most of my life until I’d thought myself unfit for ruling it. I regretted that decision to my very core and wished so fervently for the return of my resolve, my absolution. Yet, it never came. Kaj and Kahlua were now the rightful Leaders of the World’s Edge and I- well I had many new situations to encounter. I wanted to know the help behind the curtain; I wanted to be able to recall every face that inhabited the Edge. These were my friends and family… I wanted to know something of each of them, something that was peculiar from the rest.

As she spoke, the pale mare gave me something by which I could remember her: Evangaline. A beautiful name, but I didn’t find it to be enough. I needed to place something in my thoughts that was unique to this vision of beauty. I needed to know some secret or some artifact about her life that made her special. However, before I could engage her once more, her deep green eyes turned away to face her bonded. They seemed to share words that I knew I would never hear, but I was still curios nonetheless. But before I could inquire about what had transpired between them, she turned her accusatory gaze back unto me. She wasn’t angry per say, but this soft creature appeared to be quite brash.

Tinder often means a fire dear… and I couldn’t refuse that kind of invitation.” It was as honest an answer as I could come up with under such an intense stare. In fact, I felt nervous beneath her watchful regard and part of me writhed and squirmed in discomfort, though I tried not to let it show. Taking a step forward, I mused for a moment while inhaling the thinning smoke of the dying fire. It needed something more substantial to survive and though I thought of offering her assistance in finding as much, I was still too eager to press her for information. “What does your marking mean?” I knew that I sounded more like an aloof child, oblivious to my surroundings and searching for answers to irrelevant questions… but I wanted to place this mare in my memory for the years to come. I just needed her to provide me the appropriate material.

As I waited for her to possibly recover from the confusion I’d caused or the element of ignorance that I’d introduced, I pondered thoughts of Mirage. I wondered if this mare had been a part of the Edge during our rule together and I’d simply been too blind to notice. I’d have to ask now, that was imperative, but I’d wait for her to recover from my previous need to assault her privacy with indignant inquiries about herself. I wasn’t sure how she would take to my approach or if she’d simply accept my curiosity as a part of my personality, but either way, I intended to stay for a multitude of reasons. Finding out about this Evangaline had piqued my interest first and foremost, but the warmth of the fire had endeavored me to stay.

Moving closer to the pitiful pit that now held only charred and smoking kindling, I silently hoped that she had ordered that little auburn dragon to find more. I now needed a reason to stay and hoped that if her bonded returned with the life this little fire needed, I would have a stubborn excuse to invade her company. After all, I still hadn’t gathered something unique about her, even if that uniqueness was just an annoyance for the queer behemoth that had followed her companion throughout the Edge in order to find her.

STANDING NEXT TO ME
oh the man I can be

colourize-stock | burtn | firenzelotus22 | semperfiesty

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-07-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-26-2014, 08:36 PM