the Rift

[OPEN] the silence isn't so bad

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
You see her when you close your eyes
Maybe one day you'll understand why

"Tinder often means a fire dear… and I couldn’t refuse that kind of invitation."

"How kind of you to not refuse your own invitation." Her tone fell flat, which was most unlike Evangeline. She was typically a gracious mare, kind to those around her, but Tallis' disapproval of the stallion that followed him had rubbed off on her. The dragon was still distrustful of those he didn't know, even if they were in the same herd, and Evangeline could understand. Just because they were in the same herd didn't mean that all individuals did not have hidden prejudices and motives. Her own home in Isilme had harbored several who had not always had the herd's best interest at heart. Try as she might she could not immediately trust everyone she encountered.

He did not seem off to her, though. The stallion, Thor, may not have had the best idea of stalking a dragon through the forest but he did not feel like a threat. "Tallis, my dragon, wanted to singe your butt." She informed the winged stud. "He did not like being followed, though I cannot blame you for wanting to warm yourself near a fire. Frostfall is certainly unpleasant." She turned her head back to the fire as Tallis arrived with more tinder, which he dropped into the dying flames. They began to burn with renewed vigor and dragon lingered only a moment before flying away to gather more.

“What does your marking mean?”

"Hm?" Evangeline murmured as he questioned her marking. She had forgotten she even had the thing there on her shoulder, a glaring testament of her life before Helovia. "I don't know remember, exactly." She admitted. "I think I got it close to the same time I became a leader in my homeland and earned my title. I've spent some time thinking that it means pure, but I could be wrong."

A trill announced Tallis' return and the dragon dropped another bundle of sticks on the fire before landing on his bonded's back and making his way beneath the cover of her mane. 'Small wings.' He said as he poked his head out from behind the blond tresses. 'He fly?' Eva wondered if the subject was a touchy one as Tallis questioned it. She knew from experience that stallions did not like their physical flaws to be pointed out. 'Ask.' The dragon prodded, making the mare sigh quietly. "Tallis wants to know if you're able to fly."

"."

Messages In This Thread
the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-07-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-26-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 11-12-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 11-15-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 11-16-2014, 01:27 PM