the Rift

[OPEN] the silence isn't so bad

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
You see her when you close your eyes
Maybe one day you'll understand why

“I can’t say that it surprises me. You embody a certain strength and aptitude for ruling…”

Evangeline snorted softly at the compliment, not truly believing what Thor had said. "I was two years old when I was named leader. I've little doubt that it was because no one else in the herd wanted to step up and claim the responsibility that the previous leaders shirked." She explained. "It is tiring." she murmured. "In some ways it is rewarding, but it is so very tiring. It always surprises me when I hear of someone being a leader for a long time." Eva often wondered how long she would have lasted had it not been for the shades invading and taking over every inch of Isilme. As it was she had already been growing tired of cleaning up Roanne's political messes because he often acted like a bonehead when it came to other herds.

Thor's deep voice had Eva turning her head in his direction again. "What are you up to?" She asked. He seemed far too kind for just meeting her and it was somewhat unnerving. 'Flirting badly.' Tallis suggested, drawing another snort from Eva. "Yeah, right. Why would he do that?" 'Because Eva pretty.' The dragon responded simply. "Hmm." She hummed in response to the dragon. She never thought of herself as pretty. She was not adorned with horns or wings or any of the other odd colors and markings that she'd seen in passing. She was simple. Plain. 'Pretty.' Tallis insisted again. "You are biased." This time the dragon snorted and Eva rolled her eyes before her gaze settled on Thor once more, wondering if Tallis was correct.

Thankfully the conversation seemed to move on and he spoke of being teased when he was younger, just as she had suspected. "What is there to fear about your wings?" She questioned. "Did they think it was contagious?" How stupid if that was the case. She often wondered where certain pieces of logic came from. His claim at being a great specimen for overcoming adversity made Eva smile. "They say heroes are born from adversity. Perhaps you are a hero as well?"

The flame flickered and began to die as the wind began to gust. The orange mare looked toward the sky, frowning as specks of white began to drift downward. "Looks like we're in for a bit of snow."

"."

Messages In This Thread
the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-07-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-26-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 11-12-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 11-15-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 11-16-2014, 01:27 PM