the Rift

[OPEN] the silence isn't so bad

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Smile for your sins

A flicker of doubt burned into existence behind a carefully composed shade of green; that look upset a flurry of emotion inside that had been dormant until this moment. It felt as if years separated me from Tamira’s smiling eyes, but there was a restlessness that still simmered beneath the layers of hurt and anger. Life was a precious thing and though I’d forgotten that a time or two, I’d never taken it for granted. This narrow line on which I walked was mine alone and I’d be damned if anyone or anything tried to take it from me like it was taking from her.

Words and ideas were related to me in that heartfelt way that Evangeline did most things in her life, but it was growing difficult to hear. The ominous roaring of the distant waves grew loud enough to muffle her meaning even if some small part of me still understood. When was the last time I’d sought female companionship? Was this even relevant to those endeavors or was I merely testing a buried piece of my character to prove it was still alive? My mind weaved through her vocals, picking up concepts and verses when it could, but ultimately all I could surmise from my distracted attention span was that she’d been a young leader; one that had been forced into position and expected to deliver. It wore on her though, just like it had worn on me… Perhaps we did have something in common: a taste of power, even if that authority had turned us from the throne.

But I did not consider us broken.

It is a wearying thing to say the least. To carry the weight of many worries and many fears can make one tired… But to witness the many smiles, the many laughs- those are worth the exhaustion and the complicated decisions. I’m sure you know that much though… I suppose it’s nice to reminisce though, don’t you think?” I seemed to be assuring myself more than her, but found I hadn’t the room for shame in doing so. I needed absolution no matter the guise it happened to appear in. Again I looked to Evangeline as I pondered, but surprisingly found the foundations of a scowl curling her precious lips. As they turned down I noticed that my own seemed to respond in kind… and up they went. Chuckling like a foolhardy old brigand, I looked back and forth between those unbelieving green eyes and Tallis, who had settled nicely astride the flaxen mare’s back. “Nothing you can’t handle Eva.” I smiled deviously to the Pure before shirking her concerns in favor of changing the topic.

But I did not miss the silent conversation she shared with Tallis… her quiet humming had given that away.

Coughing slightly, I sought to find her gaze directed my way as a sullen reminder that she did not fool me. For a moment, I tried to hold those smoldering emerald globes before turning her free to muse and question my behavior. Clearly it was confusing to her, though I didn’t see just how. She was a mare of age… surely she’d had her fair share of courting. “Children are ignorant; they merely didn’t understand anything that strayed outside their narrow mindset. I can forgive them for that now… I’ve grown up, yes?” The subtle prodding would not go unnoticed but at least I was comfortable enough to leave the fish hanging on her line; whether or not she would reel it in would be up to her. “Though I’d never be bold enough to call myself a hero, I’m not averse to hearing it from your lips.” Sometimes I just couldn’t help myself.

As the wind grew stronger, blowing the heat of the fire into the dismal essence of our great land, I looked to Evangeline with knowing eyes. The cold would come sweeping in once again and if I were a more decent animal, I would have let her go… We could have parted ways right then, but of course that primal flame burned large and before I could think or deliberate or question any more, I moved to her side. The snow had begun to fall down around us, coating her hide in white flecks that reminded me of wild flowers in the spring… “I’d ask you if you wanted to wear my coat but…” A chivalrous smile parted my lips as I gazed down into a sea of green just before a small snowflake landed quietly upon those long lashes. What a sight…. What a beautiful sight.

Thor the Gentle Heart

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-07-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-26-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 11-12-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 11-15-2014, 02:21 PM