the Rift

[OPEN] the silence isn't so bad

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
You see her when you close your eyes
Maybe one day you'll understand why

'He flirts good.' Tallis pointed out to Evangeline as the stallion spoke. "I know." She answered the dragon. 'You're not.' She didn't need to be told that she wasn't good at flirting to know that she wasn't good at it. She had never had to flirt to have stallions falling all over her, and it wasn't her pride talking. She had done little more than talk to Ricochet to have him smitten with her, and the same with Validino. Even Sinaloa, whom she hadn't met before, had wanted her enough to take her from her home in the woodlands. She hadn't flirted even when Validino finally confessed that he loved her. Their relationship had begun with friendship and it had blossomed into something much more beautiful and fragile. "I don't know how." She admitted, but the dragon had no suggestion for her of how to flirt with Thor. Dragons and horses were much, much too different.

She didn't know what she had expected Thor's answer to be when she had asked if he had a child of his own, but she certainly hadn't expected for him to only have one. Evangeline could admit that he was an attractive stallion, and his way with words could make a mare weak at the knees if she did not have a strong constitution. "I have four." She admitted. "Three girls and one boy." And all from the same stallion. The one that had managed to capture her heart then rip it out, still beating, and tear it to pieces. "Cyrus and Aylin, Aswane and Mileena." Her voice had grown softer as she'd spoken of her children until she became silent and listened to Thor once more. "That's terrible... I'm so sorry." It seemed they both had the loss of their loved ones in common, but his was far more permanent than her's was. At least she had the possibility of Validino waltzing back into her life like he hadn't taken their youngest daughter and left in the middle of the night.

The topic was heavy and made Eva feel as if the entire world had settled on her back and was intent on smashing her into the dirt. She could hear Tallis' soft trilling as he attempted to comfort her, but topics of mates and children were taboo. She, however, could blame no one but herself for bringing it up because she had asked him. The orange mare had little else to say and settled, instead, for listening to the wind as it rustled the tree branches with a growing intensity, making her wonder if there was a blizzard blowing in from the north.

“I’m truly no hero Evangeline, but I assure you, I can try to be should you ask.”

Thor's words drew Tallis' attention and the dragon stared at the much bigger creature. He may not have been well versed in the way of equine flirting but he was male with male urges. Even though he hated the cold wind and wanted the shelter that his bonded's mane provided, Tallis marched his way down Evangeline's back and plopped himself on her rump. He knew what Thor was getting at and there was no way in hell he was letting it happen. No. Way. In. Hell.

Meanwhile, Evangeline continued to rest her cheek against Thor's neck, openly welcoming the warmth that his body provided. "If I ever need a hero I'll look for you first, then." Was that flirty enough? She tilted an ear back toward Tallis, but the dragon remained quiet and she began to wonder if he had frozen into a block of ice.

"."

Messages In This Thread
the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-02-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-06-2014, 07:38 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-07-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 10-26-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 11-12-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Thor - 11-15-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: the silence isn't so bad - by Evangeline - 11-16-2014, 01:27 PM