the Rift

[OPEN] Come in Closer

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
I think that everyone knows a little something or another about loss and Murdock had not been spared of it, but at least our great lady would lead us away from our past lives and into a bright future. It was true that I was changed, but he was most certainly correct to remind me that I was still utterly the same. I possessed so many redeeming qualities in spite of the shame I hefted from time to time and Murdock gave me reason to remember that. However, I was still mildly surprised to find that Murdock had no real plans to strive for what he once was. Perhaps what he had been was a version of himself that he’d wanted, and yet what he had been was not entirely all that he had envisioned. Could I blame him for his hesitancy on the topic, especially after I’d been the same way? A quirky grin bent my lips as we chuckled softly together; it was a picturesque moment that would not be replicated any time soon. With the soft morning rays dancing along our backs, we were probably a queer pair looking out of the sea and her troubled dancing but at least we were both smiling after what felt like far too long.

Friend. I was glad to say that I now had one. It was a blissful feeling that had been robbed of me when I left Helovia and though I had expected to feel it once more upon my return, it wasn’t until this very moment that everything finally made sense. I was not meant to find comfort in all that I knew, I was meant to learn to live in a life just as new to me as it was to Murdock. It would surely be an experience for us both, but at least there was one other we could call upon for favor or a mere confidante when things grew difficult. While rocking back onto my bowed hind-end, I listened intently to the dark stallion as he spoke only truth and candid answers so that I might understand him more fully- which I did. There was something in his voice that moved me and made me want to help, but there was little I could do other than to provide comfort through hearing instead of seeing.

The Edge is a wonderful lady. I have no doubt that you will find more here than what you’ve previously seen, so I do not envy you that. However, I am envious of your ability to live and let live. I think I forgot how to do that a long time ago…” With a wistful glance at my young companion, I let my senses wander once more. I had picked up the strange habit in my formative years and had yet to break myself of it even as I’d aged. I hoped that Murdock would not find my tendencies rude, though something in his kindly manner told me that he could forgive an old stud such as myself for losing his wit here and there. In fact, as time wore on and the sun grew warmer, I realized that Murdock was willing to let me do just that.

However, when my sanity returned at whim, Murdock spun the tables back onto me in what I’d learned to be his fashion. I couldn’t help but laugh heartily though; of course he would wonder the same things of me as I’d thought of him… Though, I knew the answer to my own question because I’d thought of it many times over. With an amused scoff, I turned a full brown gaze to the starlit knight and in a knowing tone replied, “Fair and just I may have been, but a King that abandons his herd does not deserve another chance to fail them, save for the fact that the Edge now thrives under the reign of Kaj and Kahlua. I could never take my brother in arms to war over a throne that I willingly left. That kind of betrayal is not something I could exact. Perhaps I will gain favor in one way or another, but until then, I am prepared to live out my days in peaceful ignorance.” I desired so much for myself and for my brethren, but battle and tension was not part of that. With a deep sign, I quietly returned my gaze to the endless line of the horizon. Maybe I could drown myself in the colors until they were the only thing left to see.
Thor

No worries at all! Take your time dear and sorry if I'm just rambling, I wanted to get something up before the school week started again. <3

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Come in Closer - by Thor - 10-04-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: Come in Closer - by Murdock - 10-06-2014, 05:45 PM
RE: Come in Closer - by Thor - 10-07-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: Come in Closer - by Murdock - 10-08-2014, 05:52 PM
RE: Come in Closer - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 12:49 AM
RE: Come in Closer - by Murdock - 10-14-2014, 06:12 PM
RE: Come in Closer - by Thor - 10-19-2014, 10:50 PM
RE: Come in Closer - by Murdock - 10-24-2014, 05:13 PM
RE: Come in Closer - by Thor - 10-25-2014, 08:39 PM
RE: Come in Closer - by Murdock - 10-30-2014, 02:06 PM