the Rift

Every rose has its thorn (open)

Sorcha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sorcha's blood rushed as she charged the persistent beast. One of the bear's heavy paws clipped her left ear, luckily avoiding the more important aspects of her head. Before she could throw her quintuplet daggers into the mongrel's flesh, something else gave it a nasty blow. The fiery dame slammed her hooves into the ground, slowing to a violent halt. Slowly, vision returned to her crystal eyes just in time to see the massive beast retreating. For a moment, she stood still with widened eyes locked on it. It was safe to say that her carefree attitude was now, for the most part, tempered.

Sorcha began to study the two others who had seemingly come to her aid. A fellow unicorn had given the bear the powerful hit. He was a strange sight, what with his body fanatically covered in various leathers and knick knacks. She didn't have much time to look at the other mare before the smoky stallion addressed them both. His tone was certainly not appealing. How dare he speak to her like that? Insolent bastard!
"I would have torn that damned thing apart if it wasn't for you!" Her loud voice rang out. Red ears had laid themselves down furiously above her cold glare. First, she got attacked out of the blue by a crazed bear, and now some pig-headed stallion was talking to her as though she were little more than a filly! In honesty, the bear probably would have given her a few more wounds if this brute and the mare hadn't shown up, but she wasn't about to give her thanks to this rude boy, at least. Her heaving sides began to settle as she listened to the stallion's quick apology.

"Your fear is quite misplaced, Coris. But your concern is noble, I suppose." Sharp vocals replied, still holding undertones of anger and nearly spitting out his name. He must have some ego to go around addressing people like that. Though she was not too much better. Ignoring Coris's question, she turned a less hostile look towards the painted equine. "Thank you for trying to help me." Sorcha made a point of thanking the mare, who had shown no pompousness yet. She threw another heated glance in the horned boy's direction, then turned to inspect her own injuries. The scrapes on her barrel were not dire, and had only let a few short lines of blood trickle out. The hair would probably not grow back, and her roaned pelt would most likely carry them as faint scars. The whole thing could have gone much worse. Later on, she would look back on the encounter with fear; an emotion that had been foreign to her for a long time.

(ooc: I wrote this assuming that Solstice's blinding light was wearing off. If it's going to continue longer, just let me know and I'll change it. ^^)

Messages In This Thread
Every rose has its thorn (open) - by Sorcha - 09-01-2012, 07:46 AM
RE: Every rose has its thorn (open) - by NPC - 09-01-2012, 04:21 PM
RE: Every rose has its thorn (open) - by Sorcha - 09-01-2012, 08:06 PM
RE: Every rose has its thorn (open) - by Solstice - 09-01-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: Every rose has its thorn (open) - by NPC - 09-01-2012, 09:50 PM
RE: Every rose has its thorn (open) - by Coris - 09-02-2012, 12:13 AM
RE: Every rose has its thorn (open) - by Sorcha - 09-02-2012, 07:09 AM
RE: Every rose has its thorn (open) - by Solstice - 09-05-2012, 02:14 PM
RE: Every rose has its thorn (open) - by Ink - 09-10-2012, 10:29 AM
RE: Every rose has its thorn (open) - by NPC - 09-17-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: Every rose has its thorn (open) - by Coris - 09-17-2012, 08:15 PM