the Rift

[OPEN] Rise To Fall

Adelis Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: Seven
Nevada

>> ADELIS <<

>> Please note that I am having to use liquid time to make this actually seem right, so this post is just before Frostfall officially hit.

Her long legs quivered, hooves lightly taping the rocky path before deciding it was a safe placement while she leaned back onto her haunches, frightened beyond words of spilling over the side and finding herself broken on the dark world below. Stars filled a lively black sky, winking and glinting each time she would take a brave look up from her own feet. The brutt's heart ached more than usual having just been torn in two by her older sister.. the very sister she had wished she could find a soft embrace from under those elegant pink feathers and possibly a smile in those hard eyes. The action was one that she had actually never felt (besides under the shade of old willow trees by her father's strong neck) but she could imagine the inviting heat of her sibling's chest and the piney scent of her wild hair as she would bury her face into it.

You see, Arvakl is the only thing our young Adelis knows in this strange world.

Each over-thought step takes nearly three seconds, making the trek far longer than need be. Soon enough, the rag doll finds herself at the base of the hill side, the smell of a frozen Orangemoon night playing in the air. All four legs still shiver randomly, tired of walking for nearly two whole days; having tried to stop and rest only twice, the mare found it to be a waste of time while she let her imagination run wild with the day. Bright eyes stare from behind dark, drooping lids, the growth-stunned mare dropping her head down to the dewy grass.

Soft lips play with the tops of long grass blades, dew begins to bead onto her dark hooves and wet her legs while she drifts further into the center of the hidden valley. A chunk of ice, broken off of a small shelf from above the nearest waterfall, drifts down the river, tumbling down to shatter into three pieces in the pond below. Startled, the rag doll's legs sprawl out below her, her body unsure of where exactly to go while her brain cried at her to run. Her heart thudded hard in her chest while her eyes searched the surrounding area in a panic. Even though she saw nothing, Adelis sprinted forward, her tail arching high behind her while she moved.

A cluster of trees long ago stripped of their leaves provided shelter for the startled mare, their bare branches jutting into the dark air with eerie fingers. Dark nostrils fluttered and bright eyes darted back and forth, looking for the predator that must have made the noise. Once more, the brutt was alone with her thoughts, unable to call for help in fear of being found by the make-believe creature.

She only wants the comfort of her cruel sister.

"Speech"

"I DISMEMBERED A MILLION FLOWER PETALS
AND YOU STILL DIDN'T LOVE ME."
- J.F.P.

Please tag me in all replies, ♥ 

Pompeii Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I hate you. It's in nights like this that you can't leave my mind and I hate you more because you ruined it all for me while shattering my foundation. I hope you're dead, while at the same, I'm paying to Jupiter you'll forgive me and love me while you're dead.
He crosses my mind in nights like this, when the air is crisp and I feel that need to drunken myself in all of my depression where no one else see's it. My crown's gone, I care deeply for it, but not there is only the stars that Masahiko loved and my heart.
You don't need to know much more now that I think about it; you barely hold a rank high enough for me to turn these absolutely dashing green eyes in your direction. You heard nothing. Back to the show of me becoming the Emperor again.
I haven't been here long, but first, let's get the ground rules down with this place. It's nothing worth someone of my standing, including the number of times I've come to pull these unmanicured(no one here seems to care for beauty and hygiene) hooves around across grass and dirt(they all lacked cobblestone streets too, what savages), and there is ice. Ice everywhere, like I was one of the animals brought to the Amphitheatrum to give delights to the peasants. Those animals are lower standing than the Plebians, which is why we shall have to kill them for pleasure. I'm no animal, and the only pleasure meant to happen in my presence best be my own.
The ice isn't so pleasant like I'd expect it to be. I'm starting to regret not getting the hide off the exotic cat met with Bellona. Now that it's truly important, and could be used to hide the places on my white and flame splattered coat where I'd lacked the ability to bathe. I'd fallen in embarrassment and rolled down in the grasses like common idiocy.
Seriously, where is the damn class here, or are they all quisquilian, excerebrose slaves?
I can't help but grit now yelling teeth, lacking the abilities to whiten them, now that there isn't anyone in the ability to do so.
Someone doesn't care for my beauty sleep even when I'm not basking in it, but still, I need all of the respect of everyone here. I'm worth it, they just don't see with their blind eyes, and I can fix that.
"Hey, ructabunde! Your Goddess is trying to sleep here!" Goddess suits me perfectly. I am a Goddess, perfect in the low moments when the commoners beg for my acknowledgement and bow before me, even though as of the moment, I feel like the military, having to chase down the crazed at a lazy canter before they ruin all of the beauty sleep my nonexistent friends are enjoying.
It's finally there when I arrive, lacking silken robes and looking like I'd fallen out of grace in the sky. It's a deer, about my size too, antlers faintly outlined in the dull light that gets swallowed in the night. "Oh, ructabunde, your Goddess has arrived, and she's not pleased."

RUCTABUNDE: Gas bag
QUISQUILIAN: Worthless; equal of trash
EXCEREBROSE: Brainless

Adelis Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: Seven
Nevada

>> ADELIS <<

"Hey, ructabunde! Your Goddess is trying to sleep here!" Unaware of there even being a body to carry a voice, the fae wheeled around to the source, her eyes hidden below the crazy tangles of a thick forelock. Her breath, visible in the night air, was fast and hard, her lungs stinging as she inhales faster than she can exhale. Small ears cup forward and her bright eyes strain behind the dark wall to see a body as it moves closer, fear emanating off of the doll's body. "Oh, ructabunde, your Goddess has arrived, and she's not pleased." The voice is haughty and cold, seeming to be directed at a lower being, the malnourished mare. The tone doesn't strike Adelis as unusual or cruel, but the word "Goddess" boggles her sheltered mind. Seeing the mare now, Adelis' breathing slows, her heart still racing in her thin chest. Was she in the presence of a real Goddess?

The rag doll tilts her antlered head to the left, the gem and chain rattling in the mess of beams and bone. Her bright eyes narrow, forelock slowly falling out of the way piece by piece, exposing the bright scar along the right side of her small face, even if it's not quite visible in the night light. "I'm sorry ma'am." she whimpers, ears now tilting backward, rubbing against the rough base of each curved antler. Her wet legs, each tucked and sprawled awkwardly still from the rushing movements just moments before, now find themselves repositioned in order to face the supposed Goddess respectfully. She dips her head toward the earth, eyes still watching the red and white-washed mare before her. "I didn't mean to bother you."

Even though she had no idea who any of the Gods were here in Helovia, she had no idea one of them was a woman. The crowned female that stood before the gullible doll looked nothing more than the average equine; her body was built small and she stood at nearly the exact same size as Adelis. Aren't Gods supposed to be massive and glorified, isn't that what makes them a God? Regardless, the brutt decided that now was the time for her to take her eyes off of the mare. With her slender, dished face still dipped respectfully, she now cast her eyes down to the dewy earth, ears tilted backward but listening for the nameless Goddess' voice.

"Speech"
Sorry for the terrible response, my muse is running dry for today. ;-;
@[Pompeii]

"I DISMEMBERED A MILLION FLOWER PETALS
AND YOU STILL DIDN'T LOVE ME."
- J.F.P.

Please tag me in all replies, ♥