the Rift

[OPEN] A fire still burns (Herd, Ghost)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
There was brief shock to be absorbed in my announcement, shock being a strong word – surprise was more acute. When the news settled, Ghost managed to stroll forward with all the confidence and effectiveness of a true leader. As she settled beside me I craned neck forward, dipping my chin toward the gem and tapping it thrice with gentle strikes. A soldier’s salute, one of honor and respect. Her reply was short and agreeable, I nodded approvingly before turning eyes toward the group. Our family.

Fina’s eyes jerked heavenward, “Midas!?” She cawed urgently, fanning her flaming feathers against the still air. It was then that the feeling came, long before a cold flurry. Brows curled toward my brim and lips pursed into a tight frown, gaze anxiously drew up just as the first blast hits our bodies. The wind ran icy fingers into my fur as if nothing was barring its way to flesh at all. The bare wing on my left slips apart, spreading out defensively. Like the quiet before a storm our world is suddenly turned upside down – the azure gem embedded in silver hums faintly. Urging me to draw it forth.

The first of the frogs begin to fall, their sudden appearance reminds me of the race that transpired on the island. My gaze is drawn to Elsa, she has one tangled in her mane. Lips move to speak, but a soundless gasp is all that can be mustered. The toads on our floating paradise had been beautiful and born from a good form of magic.

These…are frantic, painfully so.

Heaven fills with them and their cries. Ears slash against skull and my shock gives way to action. Magic bursts forth from this soul, spinning free on silver spoils. Calling forth golden sand. It rises below slant rock. Their little bodies’ splat against my spine, hard slaps that make me flinch, I cringe and hear Fina call out and take wing away. Rearing halfway up I draw enough sand together to make a shield or umbrella of sort that covers myself and Ghost, but there is little time for me to offer the same protection to anyone else.

Their agony is felt by the screaming croak like cries that seemed docile at first, before growing into a trumpet of war.

Then suddenly it stops, my power melts away and the sand (which is now soiled with slimy gunk) slips away, falling placidly back to earth. Gaze shifts to Ghost after assuring that everyone was still standing and unharmed, my eyes are wide and unsure, “I’d say there is little need for an announcement now…” There wouldn’t be any reason to think that this event was caused by a mortal. Nay, such felt evil to the core. This was a warning of greater dangers to come. “Tis a warning I think,” voice lowers to a whisper, meant only for Ghost’s ears. “Earth will guide us. Drom must be sent to him for guidance.”
[Image: 53c231fe00a58]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
A fire still burns (Herd, Ghost) - by Midas - 10-07-2014, 05:35 PM
RE: A fire still burns (Herd, Ghost) - by Ghost - 10-08-2014, 10:04 AM
RE: A fire still burns (Herd, Ghost) - by Oxy - 10-09-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: A fire still burns (Herd, Ghost) - by Elsa - 10-10-2014, 01:10 PM
RE: A fire still burns (Herd, Ghost) - by Midas - 10-11-2014, 05:08 PM
RE: A fire still burns (Herd, Ghost) - by Ghost - 10-13-2014, 10:47 AM
RE: A fire still burns (Herd, Ghost) - by Bellona - 10-13-2014, 01:58 PM
RE: A fire still burns (Herd, Ghost) - by Ciceron - 10-25-2014, 02:26 PM