the Rift

[OPEN] land of flames [campfires]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

It was not often that I awoke in such a jovial mood, but today felt as a good a day as any for the occasion. I’d risen with the sun to admire the hazy light that nudged Helovia from her slumber and when the sun was high enough to bear down upon my back, I shifted from beneath the tall oak tree that had sheltered me in the night. My body was stiff from sleep and as I stretched and moaned into a vague sense of alertness, I noticed a soft thrashing emanating from the branches overhead. However, as I fixed a skeptical glare towards the pale blue sky, I saw nothing. I’d decided that grogginess had somehow planted a false idea in my head but, the feeling of being “watched” would not dislodge itself from my thoughts even though I didn’t think it to be threatening. Slowly, I ventured toward the heart of the Edge hoping that the warming rays of daylight would loosen the tension in my back and neck, but it did little. In fact, the strange anxiety that I felt only encouraged that tightness until I had to physically shake it from my limbs.

The closer I came to the core of the forest in search of water, the more irritated I felt at the prickling sensation of eyes all around me. Surely there was some logical explanation? But no answers came and still I sought the muted trickling of a small stream that cut through the forest even now in the growing cold of winter. When I breeched the low-dipping gulley I was careful to place my feet wisely, lest I tumble head first into the brook. Inching closer, I steadied myself upon the bank and then struck a wide hoof across a thin layer of crystalline ice to create a small hole from which I could drink. Just as I was lowering my face to ambling surface of the water, a heated touch brushed across my rump and I squealed more in surprise than in pain.

My legs buckled beneath me and I struggled to stay upright in the shifting sands of the river bank, but as soon as I had gathered myself in order to whip around, I noticed a high-pitched trilling that sent an angry spark through my ribs. Tallis. Scowling, I clambered back up the ravine to search out the definite culprit and my eyes narrowed upon a burnt-orange birdlike creature zipping through the low hanging branches around me. “I see that you’ve decided to follow through on former plans!” My voice carried through the quiet like a chainsaw and when I chanced a moment to inspect my lower region, I noticed a patch of dark, singed hair. Muttering to myself, I walked on in order to defy the anger and humiliation rising up from my stomach. What was I supposed to say? Oh Thor, how did THAT happen? Oh, you know… someone else’s dragon thought it’d be a good idea to burn my ass. How cute!

Grudgingly, I had decided to head back to my own damn tree in hopes of sleeping off this situation but before I could make it ten feet, Tallis lilted through the trees before me and trilled at me as though laughing. I glared at the little vermin before attempting to veer around him, but as it appeared, the bonded had other ideas. Quickly, he flapped his way to the back of my neck (with much protest on my part) and collected a mouthful of black mane which he pulled quite urgently in the opposite direction of my descent. Sighing, I gave in to Evangaline’s companion, ultimately hoping that she was alright.

As I followed the little orange beast in zig-zagged patterns through the dying forest, I caught a whiff of his bonded’s scent. But it was not alone; no, it was intermingled with another aroma I’d grown to know well. When I approached the duo, both Eva and the Queen, I murmured softly to alert them of my arrival. “I don’t suppose you sent this little devil, hm?” Turning sideways, I revealed the little gift that Tallis had left me, as promised from the first time we’d met. I laughed upon looking toward the chestnut mare in hopes that she would catch my humor and not mistake it for true annoyance. “Evangaline. My Queen. What can I do for you ladies?” I nodded to each in turn before thinking quietly to myself. I’d obviously gotten myself into something here… Mares had a way of manipulating even the best of us. I could only hope that they hadn’t roped me into anything too serious.

STANDING NEXT TO ME
oh the man I can be

colourize-stock | burtn | firenzelotus22 | semperfiesty

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
land of flames [campfires] - by Evangeline - 10-07-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: land of flames [campfires] - by Kahlua - 10-08-2014, 01:39 AM
RE: land of flames [campfires] - by Thor - 10-09-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: land of flames [campfires] - by Evangeline - 10-09-2014, 11:09 PM
RE: land of flames [campfires] - by Kahlua - 10-10-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: land of flames [campfires] - by Random Event - 10-10-2014, 04:47 PM
RE: land of flames [campfires] - by Thor - 10-11-2014, 02:28 AM