the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wasteland (lena) (Closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
It wouldn’t do either of us any good to bring up the past. When I thought of those that’d lost their limbs and lives to the Basin herd, the memory soured my mouth and made my heart feel a little sick. I kept my eyes low until she spoke, they drifted up, tight and mournful. Sorry aye. I had spoken the truth, it was never my intention to harm those of honest nature and certainly I hadn’t meant to wound children.

Lena’s reply is slightly surprising. There is no scorn or sweetness in her tone that would lead me to believe that she spoke with false tongue. In fact, I found myself in agreement with her statement. Our world seemed keener on violence and the gain thereof. Or at least the belief of gain. My actions had done nothing but fuel the fire.

Yar, the Basin had reached out. I’d sent them away out of caution and wisdom from past events; but that didn’t mean I desired war with their kin, nor would they be harmed at our borders. Trust had to be built, it was currently as a bird whose wings had been broken. So easy it was to snap the fragile bones, their strength zapped and the pain of memory a strong drink that often sought escape. It was difficult to set and mend those bones again – just as it was difficult to build trust.

Difficult. Not impossible.

If their numbers were like Lena. Perhaps, one day I could learn to call these strangers, sister and brother. “Aye,” I whispered softly, without flinch I held her gaze. Composure had returned. She titled as me a 'Lord,' I smiled just a little and nodded politely, “Thee speaks true. I hear ye well and say thank ye.”

Lena mentioned children and my mind slipped to the little lass Earth had named. The one who’d witnessed just a taste of power and destruction. How anger and fear could collide. “If possible I’d like to speak with Mirabella; she witnessed my actions and I would make attempt to mend my fault with her.” I had no intention of traveling further than the Steppe and I wasn’t entirely sure I’d be granted safe access to talk to a foal, “If such is impossible, I would like to leave a gift for her.”

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Wasteland (lena) (Closed) - by Midas - 10-08-2014, 08:47 AM
RE: Wasteland (lena) - by Lena - 10-08-2014, 05:54 PM
RE: Wasteland (lena) - by Midas - 10-09-2014, 10:01 AM
RE: Wasteland (lena) - by Lena - 10-10-2014, 06:16 PM
RE: Wasteland (lena) - by Midas - 10-12-2014, 02:59 PM
RE: Wasteland (lena) - by Lena - 10-13-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: Wasteland (lena) - by Midas - 10-13-2014, 07:52 PM
RE: Wasteland (lena) - by Lena - 10-15-2014, 05:29 PM
RE: Wasteland (lena) - by Midas - 10-20-2014, 02:24 PM