the Rift

[OPEN] I Don't Dance [Welcoming]

Rekshana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Rekshana
❝Hold on to your heart; never let nobody take it over, ever take it from you.❞

The sky was alight with the array of color that announced the end of day and the arrival of night. The solace and silence of the absolute rapture of darkness. Soft flora, shimmering with frost, cushioned her hooves as they transitioned from the grit of dirt to the pleasantry of grass. She craned her graceful neck around, inhaling the fresh scents of the World's Edge. It was difficult to make out their surroundings with only the moon's glow for light. The painted woman was silent, thoughtful, sensing that the glass wall was a painful subject. Something about the way he spoke; perhaps the reluctant, vague disclosure that he provided, signified that it was not a matter to push or prod upon. At the same time, she wondered why. Maybe in time she would learn of how the great barrier came to be in such a state. However, its fractured condition did not take away from the magnificent glory it bestowed. Rekshana's violet orbs caught the Pegasus's eye. He seemed to be troubled, but she did not question him further.

Where one might live for flesh and blood in a herd like the Edge, this new culture was wholly alien to Rekshana. She had been born among the only family she felt she could ever consider such, although she did not mention this belief aloud. That home had been destroyed long ago and along with it any notions of ever truly being at peace in a single place. Oddly enough, a utterance within compelled her to band together with a herd. And here she was. Her lot in life was something that she was uncertain of, although she wished she knew what she was meant to live for. What did her heart truly desire most? The world scared her. Several thoughts regarding the topic crossed her memory, but her ideas were never consistent with one another. Hopefully, the Edge would give her an opportunity to erase her past. Almost three years of her life had been spent running, and it was not so simple a task as to simply ‘settle down’. Not when every moment you spent in exile was that in a land where the only thing that could be relied upon was your own four hooves and the ears on your head. It was not that Rekshana did not want to live in among a herd, for she very much liked the idea of if; it was that she was not accustomed to even slightly depending on others for her survival, and she was not so sure that the Edge would ever replace her loss. The gilded threads of companionship, the wiry webbing of imposing expectations - to what now might she owe, that may be traded for the wide and impressive spectacles of new homage? These bedraggled hinders were not important in the moment, she figured, at least there would be safety and shelter in numbers, as well as others who she might be able to make conversation with. Pushing all ponders of doubt to the back of her mind, she focused her attention on the surrounding scenery. "I'm glad of that, for it has been a long time since I've truly belonged anywhere. My first wish is to serve you and your family well. I hope I can find my place among the herd." she remarked faintly, almost in an absentminded fashion.

Slowly the horses' strides brought them from the divider which they had entered through, and the earth transformed into snow-laden grass, where dry sludge and foliage was replaced with looming trees and frozen shrubbery. Rocks still stood like massive black claws sticking up from the ground; the difference in climate and terrain marked being well away from the Threshold. There was a certain majesty about the World's Edge that Rekshana had never felt before. Languid steps brought the lady along beside Thor, marveling at the beautiful winter's night around her. Right now that purple fire gaze was cast to the sky, where outline of the round luna began to grow bright, white luminosity bathing the land in moonlight.

A breeze swept through the trees, ruffling the mare's thin mahogany-and-pearl coat, bringing with it the scents and sounds from both far and wide to be taken in. It was in the distance that a form grabbed her attention atop a formation of snow-powdered hills she had almost taken as a strange outcrop of it. There was little reason to approach, but little reason to avoid. After several silent heartbeats of deliberation the woman moved forward alongside the Pegasi with a guarded and careful step until she was able to determine the shape of another winged equine. Upon introduction it appeared that Thor did not seem familiar with this mare by the name of Alysanne. Dewy breath entered her lungs as she opened herself up to this unfamiliar face, like the wings of a dove extending in a luxurious display of purity. Her voice was of the gentle, courteous kind when she dipped her head curtly in greeting and spoke in tones of angelic softness, the comforting melodies of someone who had spent years avoiding conflict, "Good evening, Alysanne." Her body showed no signs of aggression nor affability as she peered at Alysanne curiously behind crystallized pools. She directed her cranium up high and held herself in an elegant manner, her alluring gaze watching the damsel carefully, thoughts lingering behind emotionless violet colored eyes.
@[Thor], @[Alysanne]

Messages In This Thread
I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-08-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 10-12-2014, 06:37 PM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-13-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Rekshana - 10-15-2014, 01:01 AM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 10-20-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-21-2014, 01:42 AM