the Rift

[OPEN] I Don't Dance [Welcoming]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

I’d seen this land painted in the pastels of morning and I’d seen it painted in the dark shades of night, but it still possessed the power to awe me, even now. Shadows dipped low and the mists seemed to grow thick around us limiting our depth perception. I wasn’t sure of the dips and swells of the land as they concealed themselves within the fog, probably laughing at our trio as they ran out of view. I knew that my hooves would have to find careful purchase upon the frozen grounds now, but I did not resent them for being so relentless. In fact, I was more than willing to tenderly scavenge my way across the Edge in order to seek solace from the single oak that sheltered me night after night.

The moon had reached for her throne as the stars lit slowly in the ebony skies above. I knew that the goddess of our home would find sufficient rule tonight in spite of my wishes for lingering daylight. I had wanted more than anything for Rekshana to witness our home in its evening splendor, but of course as things are wont to do, I was not blessed with the luck of my superiors. At times I wondered if they sought to foul me, if only to make me regret my leave and my loss of the heavy crown I’d once worn. However, I could not consider such fallacies when Rekshana and Alysanne awaited my attentions- that would hardly be befitting of a former King. Even with the knowledge of my own wandering mind, I felt as though I were lacking substance in the company of such figures of beauty which caused my vagrant eye to turn once again to the mare I’d brought from the Threshold.

She stood with such stillness that I could have mistaken her posture for diligence, but I was not so foolish to believe that she graced the Edge with determination so much as anxiety for what lie ahead of her. But I could not blame her for such fears because they were all a part of the natural life we all led. This custom and this life was all too new to her as it had once been for me some time ago. Slowly, I turned a knowing gaze to the auburn painted mare with fuchsia eyes, “Your place is already before you Rekshana… All you need to do is take it.” I had intended for this statement to be for her ears alone, but a family setting was not something that could be beckoned and removed at will, and honestly I had no quarrels with Alysanne playing witness to my assurances. I would have done as much for either mare in hopes of encouraging them according to any and every worry. Was that not my job as a friend and now family member?

While Rekshana sought comfort at my side, I paid Alysanne the attention she deserved upon hearing her excitable mentions of the herb garden and her standing position as Moon Doctor. Silently I congratulated her on such an achievement, though I knew within that she would have no real clue as to what I would be celebrating in her name. When I had been welcomed into the World’s Edge, dear Torasin had been our Moon Doctor and I missed the palomino greatly… His death had weighed heavy upon my heart; perhaps just as much as my beloved Tamira. “It is so nice to meet you as well good doctor.” I smiled warmly at the Moon physician before turning my light gaze back to Rekshana. I wasn’t sure how she would feel about such an audience but I was glad that she had been greeted by such a kindly being as Alysanne- in fact, this mare proved to be an everlasting representation of the Edge. She had done her part well.

With a softening countenance, I looked to the ebony painted mare with the utmost pleading of the eye, “Alysanne, I would be most appreciative if you could show Rekshana to a more gender appropriate safe place so that she might settle in for the night. I have no desire to keep her out in the cold of the night if she might be able to find shelter close to you.” I held little knowledge about the maintenance of a mare other than my former lover and even then Tamira had been entirely self-sufficient. I knew that the lifting of the moon meant that we all needed to seek shelter for the night and I had no intentions of thwarting those plans.

STANDING NEXT TO ME
oh the man I can be

colourize-stock | burtn | firenzelotus22 | semperfiesty

@[Rekshana] @[Alysanne]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-08-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 10-12-2014, 06:37 PM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-13-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Rekshana - 10-15-2014, 01:01 AM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Alysanne - 10-20-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: I Don't Dance [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-21-2014, 01:42 AM