the Rift

[OPEN] Written on hearts
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia weighed Ampere's words but did not quite agree with the tone of hopelessness. She hummed thoughtfully, carefully considering what she was going to say next as she resolved her emotions on the matter. "I watched a girl heal my father with her own powers," she replied quietly. "And I have seen magic come and go, not given by the gods of this world. While our mortality is obvious in the face of such destruction, I consider it to be more of a challenge to overcome. We are clever, many, and strong. If we cannot fight with horn, wind and hoof, then we can outsmart whatever comes against us." In most situations, Ophelia had been able to circumvent issues with her own intellect and memories, and she was not one for physical violence.

Tinek's focus on Ampere's magic shifted the subject, and she though on Ampere's words again. She was limited. She had reached her limit. From this moment on, she would do nothing more but age. The weight of her own bones would lead her into a realm of the elderly until arthritis crippled any future. Her parents were a testament to her own limitations. Soleil was unable to defend herself from the unknown attacker and Paladin? Well... he could hardly move anymore. "I find him far less restricted than I am." She said, smiling. "He can fly high above the troubles of the ground, can maneuver in ways I could only hope to do, and has a brilliant heart, so interested in the world."

"We all have limitations. I will never be taller or stronger than I am now. At a certain point, we all just stop growing." Ophelia wondered about ever being truly together, and she frowned. The times in which she felt close to others were few and far between, and even then, she had the cruel ability to cause them so much harm. Everyone else she had cared for left without warning, disappeared into oblivion or broke her heart in some other fashion. "I believe in times of need, we have the capability to come together for our own mutual survival." The only pure relationship she had was with Tinek, but her sister came close.

Words continued, and Ampere's reaction to them was surprising. Lack of instincts caused Ophelia to not have a reaction, something which had caused her issues multiple times. Still, her mind had made room for memories, perfect and terrible, and she had no more space to be normal. Her body did not even sway as Ampere's ears flattened and teeth bared, instead, she wondered what had happened to cause this mare to become so irate.

The answer surprised her and was interesting. She furrowed her brows, having never experienced this opinion before, but part of her rebelled. The bond she had with Tinek was pure, and he would have not chosen her otherwise. In fact, their relationship was the only honest one she had. Ophelia wondered if she was truly tethered, but he quickly commented that he did not feel tethered. She could not force him to do what she asked, just as he could not force her. All they shared was a beautiful connection.

"I do not stand between his happiness or freedom anymore than he does me," she replied softly. "Had he wanted to pursue Akaith, he could. I know he was interested in Cynder, but she disappeared as well."

"I was born here. I don't want to leave. I don't want to leave you."

"He said that he was born here and he does not want to leave, and that is something I understand. I came from a land that has fallen to ruin, but this is his home more than it is mine." Ophelia wondered if explaining would do anything to help this mare understand. Obviously, she was set in her ways, and explaining may only further rile her temper. "If you had ever experienced what we have, I feel that you would think differently. I saved his life, and in return we share a bond. He has acted independently and so have I. If he wants to pursue love, he can. We spend time together and apart. I am not going to force him to follow another, force him find love if that is not what he wants."

Ophelia shrugged. "We share a bond, and we are connected through our souls, which I find beautiful. But I do not limit his interactions just as he does not limit mine. I wish for him love, but neither of us has found it. The world is fickle, but I am fortunate that I have one thing in this cruel land that is pure."

The mare smiled sadly. "I can see how it would appear that I have forced him into this, and maybe, for some, you are right."

A lifeless face that you'll soon forget
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by Roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-09-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 10-16-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-23-2014, 11:52 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 10-24-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-27-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-02-2014, 02:07 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 11-06-2014, 01:19 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-09-2014, 02:17 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 11-10-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-12-2014, 08:16 PM