the Rift

[OPEN] Written on hearts
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

[[DONT HATE ME I CHANGED TABLES ;-; was tired at looking at one half of a picture for text ]]

Ophelia nodded sympathetically, watching the way her pretty wings shifted around her body. Nothing but what was inside could free one from their problems, she had found, but wings would certainly help make all the earthly troubles go away - for a little while at least. When the conversation shifted to Tinek, Ophelia was surprised by the vehemence. Sharp 'everyone says that!' snapped from her lips, and the pale princess couldn't help but wonder - if everyone says that, doesn't that mean they are more likely to be right? Still, she found it wise not to say those words now.

Static filled the air, making her hair stand on end, and she listened and watched Ampere, wondering when she should be concerned for her safety. Certainly, even though she was passionate, she could be rational? They could discuss this as two individuals with differing views? Ophelia should know better that those passionate were the most irrational, but she held out foolish and nonsensical hope that a multitude of past experiences wouldn't be the same outcome.

She wanted a way to explain that the bond was shared, that without the bond, Tinek would be dead. But, she had a feeling that no words could right this wrong, not for Ampere. That saddened Ophelia. What pain and suffering had this mare faced that she had to force every pure relationship to the side? Did her own agony make her incapable of seeing beauty? Was the thought of having to rely on another, love another without question so frightening that she had to lash out?

"I saved his life from the depths of the sea," she returned. "He was abandoned. I believe he could have chosen death, but I am honored that Tinek chose life with me." Yes, she was all he had ever known, but he was all she had ever known too. No other being in her life had loved her as unconditionally.

High and mighty? Ophelia frowned. She was simply telling the truth. Why was she so easily categorized as all the rest? Why did Ampere see a single entity where there was diverse individuality? Suddenly, Ampere's wings popped open and the mare grimaced, feeling something shove her like a wall. Ophelia felt her hooves sliding on the stone, and she clawed at her footing to keep from sliding into the churning blue lava. With desperation, she braced against one of the god's shrines, glaring up at Ampere.

"You claim I am the same," she growled, her chime-like, feminine tones dangerously beautiful. "You claim I am high and mighty. You claim I tethered him to myself without thought and against his will. Yet you know nothing!" Ophelia stood firm against the broken shrine.

"You speak without evidence! You speak without having experienced it yourself! You speak as if you have seen a bond form, as if you know the heart that only I can know so well! I did not forcibly tie him to me! He chose me over death! You cast judgment, condemn me for my actions, when without me, he would be laying at the bottom of the ocean, unborn. You claim I keep him from his life, but I do not! I cannot force a dragon to do my will anymore than you can control me."

"The only difference is that I have the privilege of sharing his thoughts and emotions as he does mine. The irony is that by hurting me, you will only be hurting him as well. So, are you a hypocrite? Do you truly care about his soul, independence and safety? Or are you on some self-proclaimed crusade to rage against your own fears?"

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-09-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 10-16-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-23-2014, 11:52 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 10-24-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 10-27-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-02-2014, 02:07 AM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 11-06-2014, 01:19 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-09-2014, 02:17 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ophelia - 11-10-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: Written on hearts - by Ampere - 11-12-2014, 08:16 PM