the Rift

make up the moves as I go

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

A patch of snow fell from the limbs above onto the sun itself. Forced snort and harks pin as the golden son shakes it off, trembling at its wet cold touch. It was not the little snow drop’s fault he was so agitated though. With Helovia locked up in a frozen wasteland of snow and ice, and gold was, well, cold hearted. It had taken careful planning to time his trip to the Throat to match the coldest season in the Basin, and now those efforts were dashed by the coldest winter Helovia had experienced in apparently years. So why was he here in the pines of the Threshold? Pines were evergreens, and even now, there were patches of ground protected from the snow. The gold man slipped easily through them searching for patches of some tender grasses. No luck. Not a blade of sweet grass was let. Still, the gold apparently wasn’t completely out of luck.

A sweet voice carries across the still of frozen air. Body tenses and slows from its march for food. Twin horns raise high and all listen closer. There it is again, along with the crunch of snow from other creatures. Earth eyes cloud for a moment in consideration, and tassled tail switches back and forth in decision making. He had had luck the last two time here in the Threshold, and the Basin was always looking for newcomers. That gilded lady always seemed in a better mood when he brought another home in tow. Apparently, from the sound and scent of the whole thing though, he wouldn’t be the only one. Still the golden always did love a challenge, and none of the scents he picked up were individuals he knew. So with a grin rising on his lips at a distraction from the cold the Spanish man moves forward towards the others.

Already others were preying upon the girl. And a lovely thing she was too. Her white coat nearly disappeared in this land, but the running black was a curious contrast. And no one could deny that crowning black blade. Standing still in the shadows, and behind a bush or two he watches a draft from the edge with the smallest of wings kindly offer her help, then an amber girl of the throat, and finally another girl of the edge go to offer their introductions and welcome to the lovely thing. It looked highly unlikely he’d be walking away with the prize, especially as this girl seemed even softer and sweeter than the sweet thing, Lena. Still he was already here.

So slowly the golden son steps from his tucked away place and walks with a sweeping gate to the girl and the gather around her. The light reflecting off the snow amplifies the golden man’s coat, as he carries himself, with a little more than a hint of pride. It is though a calmed pride, perhaps regality or nobility? Looking at the other three he nods once slowly, then turns with a calm gaze to the girl. Carefully crafting himself for her appeal. “Thranduil, at your service.” Again, the twin horns dip, but when they raise again, concern seems to flash through them. “My dear girl, you look ever so cold.” The gold steps forward then hesitates, a stopped attempt to comfort. “May I offer you a shelter for this bitter weather?” The golden head tilts slightly in sincerity. Of course the Basin was farther north than even this, but the herd had all the comforts it needed in forms of tundra grasses, hot springs, and warm caves. To such a young girl such an image should be well made, but if she proved less naïve than she appeared, the Basin also boasted to be the strongest and most elite collection of skills seen across the lands. Not that the gold liked to boast about himself…of course. Golden flecks in earth brown eyes flash slightly, as he looks on this lovely girl of new. It would not be easy to pine her from the others, but the golden always did enjoy a challenging game.

OOC :: How the crap did this get that long...well anyways, here's the Basin trying to convince a cold girl to go further north XD
"speech"

Mix a flutter of feather,
A pinch of iron horn,
Little fire bringer,
You just need to learn of thorns.
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
make up the moves as I go - by Astraea - 10-10-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Sikeax - 10-10-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Evangeline - 10-10-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thranduil - 10-10-2014, 11:58 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Astraea - 10-11-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thor - 10-12-2014, 01:02 AM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Evangeline - 10-16-2014, 10:27 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thranduil - 10-18-2014, 02:53 AM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Astraea - 10-19-2014, 08:39 PM