the Rift

make up the moves as I go

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Calm dark eyes scanned the area as I stood alone. Barren branches swayed ever so slightly in an almost nonexistent breeze while the cold white powder continued to fall from the dreary sky. There wasn't an animal in sight and even though my ears twisted and turned at every which angle they couldn't catch the sound of any little creatures stirring about. Minutes ticked by and eventually turned into hours. It wasn't until now that I realized the sheer power silence held. Its weight was thrust against my chest as my breaths grew more shallow. My mind began to race with thoughts that I never realized I would have worried about like:

What if nobody lived in this place? What if this cold wouldn't let up? What if there was nothing here for me? What if –

I shook my head as an attempt to expel those thoughts from my body and mind. Surely there was something or someone that lived here. So I gathered what courage I had to put up as a front and quietly packaged up the panic and fear that diseased me.

One. Two. Three. I counted the breaths I cast out of my lungs as a way to pass the time. Each breath seemed to crystallize in the air which was, again, something I had never seen before. And even though I was curious about it, I didn't get much time to think about it because my ears suddenly flew behind me at the sound of something approaching me. My nerves began to shake as I pondered just what could lie in store for me, but it didn't take long for the other creature to get close.

Would you say that you’re in need? Of help, I mean. My eyes fell upon a bay colored stallion with wings as I turned around at the sound of his words. A pegasus, I thought to myself. I had seen plenty of them in my travels. A smile played itself across his lips as he approached me with his head lowered. At first I curled my head inwards towards myself out of shyness, but when the stallion spoke again I suddenly grew curious and relaxed.

Helovia. The name was as foreign to me as I was to this land and yet this stallion that stood before me didn't seem to care at all. A faint smile grew upon my face with my newly found company. I just barely opened my mouth to answer him and ask him questions, but before I could another unicorn of amber color came upon us. Susinctly, she introduced herself as Sikeax from a place called Dragon's Throat. But to be honest, that meant nothing right now. I had no knowledge of this place, its people, its customs, its traditions. I knew nothing and that bothered me.

Like the stallion before her Sikeax offered to provide help. And just as before another being showed up – Evangeline was her name. First it was desolation and silence. Now it was a cacophony of seemingly gregarious creatures. Hopefully their appearances weren't lies. Shortly after her arrival, another stallion walked out from behind some brush. He was golden in color and by the way he carried himself he seemed maybe proud of his self? I wasn't completely sure.

My dear girl, you look ever so cold. My attention turned to the spasms that danced within my own skin. With the arrival of the new company, I had nearly forgotten the cold that permeated me. But I quickly snapped back to the group that stood before me as Thranduil offered me shelter from the weather. When I was younger I would have taken him at his word and just followed him, but I was not that naïve little girl anymore.

“You don't even know my name yet and you offer me shelter?” My eyes squinted just slightly at him as I grew cautious of him, “You really think I'm going to accept shelter from a stranger on a whim?”

I stepped away from Thranduil and then paused to look at everybody who had surrounded me. Two mares, two stallions and all I really knew were their names.

“My name is Astraea,” I began calmly and took one last look at each of them before going on, “I've never heard of Helovia before in my travels. So you'll have to excuse me in my lack of knowledge about this place.”

Once again, I looked at all of them. I wondered what they all wanted, what they all had to offer, and what they were all like. Just what would my new adventure here on Helovia have in store for me?
"Speech"
word count;; 785
muse;; the soundtracks to game of thrones.
tags;; anybody since everybody has seemed to show an interest in her xD
Astra's reff;; Click!
Astra's voice;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).
ooc;; 0.0 so many people come to greet her. and no need to tag me. 8D I can manage. Hope you all like my post...it turned out longer than I thought it would.
character design © Evvers
posting format © Evvers
coding © Evvers

Messages In This Thread
make up the moves as I go - by Astraea - 10-10-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thor - 10-10-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Sikeax - 10-10-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Evangeline - 10-10-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thranduil - 10-10-2014, 11:58 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Astraea - 10-11-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Thor - 10-12-2014, 01:02 AM
RE: make up the moves as I go - by Evangeline - 10-16-2014, 10:27 PM