the Rift

[OPEN] Of course I can fly

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
<style>
.peeta
{width: 180px; height: 245px; transition-duration: 0.6s; -moz-transition-duration: 0.6s; -webkit-transition-duration: 0.6s; -o-transition-duration: 0.6s; opacity: 0;}
.peeta:hover
{opacity: 0.9; font-size: 11px; font-family: calibri; color: #111; background-color: #fff;}
.catnip::-webkit-scrollbar {background: #626262!important; }
.catnip::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background: #efefef; }
</style>

AND YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE IN THE FUTURE, SO YOU SAY THE PRESENT'S JUST A PLEASANT INTERRUPTION TO THE PAST.

"What are you doing?"

The voice was curious and not the least bit judgmental, though one might assume, based on Rhoa's inner dialogue, that he would not take kindly to being "caught in the act." Ivezho, however, was not privy to his brother's silent monologue, and so as he crested a dune and laid (somewhat fuzzy) eyes on the firstborn prince, he could not help but make his way slowly to his sibling's side and voice the first question that came to mind - which just so happened to be an inquiry as to his brother's current state.

To be fair, let us imagine finding a young colt standing, wings outspread, looking for all the world as though he were bracing himself for a strong wind (perhaps a whirlwind of some sort?). Would we not be confused, just as Ivezho was upon finding his brother in such a condition?

Despite the princeling's unquestionable intelligence, he was not the best at recognizing or properly expressing emotions. Further, the thought that Rhoa might just want some time alone was a bit of a foreign concept. Why would they be separated when they had even shared the womb? This is why he found himself upon the top of a particularly tall dune, having followed his brother's faintly glowing wings because, ultimately, he simply didn't wish to be alone. Quite frankly, he didn't really know how.

Still, his slightly-blurred vision picked out the line in the sand after a moment, and he nearly sighed with exasperation. He understood, of course - his own fragile wings called to the skies, urging him to launch himself into the deep blue; but they weren't nearly large enough to support his weight yet (or so he reasoned, lest he admit to being afraid) and so his obsession with flight had been temporarily placed aside. It seemed that his brother had not yet reached this logical conclusion.

"I wouldn't jump, if I was you," he advised wisely, sounding for all the world just like Mother.

"Talk talk talk."

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
Of course I can fly - by Rhoa - 10-10-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: Of course I can fly - by Ivezho - 10-11-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: Of course I can fly - by Rhoa - 10-11-2014, 02:41 PM
RE: Of course I can fly - by Bucephalus - 10-12-2014, 08:10 PM