the Rift

[OPEN] Of course I can fly

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Relief felt cold and refreshing, even though the air around me was already brisk enough. I felt a surge of love, thankfulness, and joy as my twin arrived. I hadn't actually wanted to do this alone, nor had I specifically wanted to ask for Ivezho to be with me. Of course I did but ... already the masculine traits and gender roles were thrust upon me - well, upon both of us, really. With Father being who he was, how could we ever act cowardly? How could we ask for help, when flying was our birthright? Our wings (and Ivezho's entire body) burned with magic that heralded our heritage; as they grew large and awkwardly from our sides, they demanded to be used.

But how could we ask for help - even from each other - given who we were? Did anyone but us, understand the pressure?

But now I didn't have to worry about it. Ivezho was here, arriving precisely on time.

Instead of relaying my thoughts, I merely grinned challengingly, as if he were somehow lucky to arrive before I took my first steps.

"I wasn't going to jump." I replied confidently and casually. I looked at his body, pulsing with the same rhythmic internal flame as my own wings did, slightly jealous that the markings covered his entire body. It made him appear so much stronger, more formidable - wait! My thoughts tumbled from his body to his nearly identically formed face with masked horror. Had he already tried to fly? My ignorance swallowed me up whole, as the thought - never before considered - descended upon me. Here I was, stupidly glad to see him, thinking that he had arrived just in time to do this together, when perhaps he already had.

Would he do this without me? The thought was shocking (hypocritical as that may be, given what I was just about to do without him).

"I was going to fly." I finished, trying to swallow and squash the jealousy that was beginning to prematurely boil inside of me. My wings pulsed slightly faster, as I pulled them to my sides. Kicking the sand with an indignant snort, I looked over the small cliff. "...Have you?" I asked rather shyly, my voice betraying the insecurity I felt, at thinking Ivezho had flown first.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Of course I can fly - by Rhoa - 10-10-2014, 10:05 PM
RE: Of course I can fly - by Ivezho - 10-11-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: Of course I can fly - by Rhoa - 10-11-2014, 02:41 PM
RE: Of course I can fly - by Bucephalus - 10-12-2014, 08:10 PM