the Rift

adventures in the sky

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
She watches him release a shuddering breath, his narrow ribs shifting beneath winter coat. The grin on his lips fills her with delight; she mirrors it back with a satisfied smirk, pleased to have coaxed such mirth into his eyes. That this is amazing, inconceivable, strange, is far from the mind of the fiery child. She has grown up with dragons, been raised by the Gods; she has drowned in the darkness and bound to a fox. Little of Helovia surprises the pair... but she cannot comprehend how one could loathe the sun.

Everyone different, her brother says sagely, his mind speak unmuffled by the yawn which stretches his jaws. He licks his black lips, rolling onto his back, and without much ado swiftly drifts back into sleep.

The girl sighs, and shakes her head.

Caneo's question is met with a nod- Yes, I have been here before. She can remember it, too, the first time she rode up through the clouds, her herd-mates beside her, her... she thinks the word family, then stops. No, not quite family, but perhaps her friends, Africa and Kari, Sohalia and Sacre. Sacre... dark eyes settles on the silver boy, and she thinks he is nothing like her bloodstained friend. Sacre is lively, and buoyant, and foolish, where Caneo is quiet, and cautious, and wise. She remembers his voice, remembers the way her heart raced as she blurted an apology. She remembers the way he forgave her.

Would Caneo be forgiving, too?

"Yes," she whispers unhelpfully, but says no more, dark eyes distant and deep voice soft. She is not ready to share Sacre with him, not yet; she is too unsure of her feelings for both boys to throw them together into one perplexing mess.

The boy is anxious. She can see it in the way he moves, never quite pausing and never quite still. Clouds clear from the moonlit face; she grins at him and spins away, turning her gaze to the island's center. To be sure, she has no idea what to do now, but the boy is following her and she is loathe to loose his trust.

She figures that this is good a place as any. Lifting her crown to the pale grey sky, the girl breathes deeply, calming her nerves. You can do this. We can do this. She'll come. She has to. Onyx eyes scour the heavens above as her voice rings out in a soft, hopeful plea.

"Lady Moon... It's been a long time." Her murmur is halting. She hears the childlike notes in her voice; she feels like an infant, the filly she was the last, distant time when she saw the descendant moon. So much had changed since then, so much had happened. Was she even the same girl? Would she ever be?

She inhales. "I want to know where my mother is." The confession hangs heavy in the air before her, barely breathed yet loud as thunder. I have to know, once and for all. She wonders what Caneo will think of this, if he will add her plea to the chorus of her call. She waits and fidgets in the cold dawn air, restless and anxious and quiet and loud. Will she come? What will she say? Where is the girl's mother, and does she really wish to learn the truth?

[ @[God of the Moon] @[Official]

Using Tandavi's VOTG pass to quest for a companion for Caneo. Tavi also wants to know what happened to Rishima, if Moony is so inclined :3 ]

THE FIREDANCER
for it was I who walked among the falling stars, and did not burn
credit | credit

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Messages In This Thread
adventures in the sky - by Tandavi - 10-11-2014, 09:15 PM
RE: adventures in the sky - by Caneo - 10-12-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: adventures in the sky - by Tandavi - 10-13-2014, 11:38 PM
RE: adventures in the sky - by God of the Moon - 10-15-2014, 11:06 AM
RE: adventures in the sky - by Caneo - 10-15-2014, 05:52 PM
RE: adventures in the sky - by Tandavi - 10-27-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: adventures in the sky - by God of the Moon - 11-09-2014, 12:37 PM
RE: adventures in the sky - by Caneo - 11-11-2014, 01:08 AM