the Rift

[OPEN] As dark as day, as cold as fire.

Naira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Naira

The cave was dark, filled with shadows. It made Naira nervous, jumpy, and she flicked her tail constantly. He was watching her, his eyes drilling into her soul. The shadows crept just a little bit closer.

There was darkness lurking in the cave, and that is where they hid; monsters, demons, creatures merged with the shadows. They live in the air, move along the wind, surface when the moon rises and prey when there is weakness. If one was to catch a glimpse, they will haunt you with your own terror, and the fear corrodes the fabrics of your mind until insanity taints your bloodstream.

That, is how Naira was broken, with pain and fear and her own terror. Eventually turning her dark. Insane. That is who ruined her; the devil, her master.

As soon as her eyes adjusted to the dark, she studied the two stallions. There was no longer the threat of others showing up. Vale, he was black, dark, a shadow himself. His horn was a bone-white, and jagged at the tip. His eyes were like a wolf's, a monster's. She gazed at the other stallion in front of her. He was brown, with a white blanket full of holes covering most of his back. A flame-like crown topped his head in a dark black slowly turning to crimson. Both stallions were very much attractive, but Naira was not interested in boys.

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. The blanketed one was wrong. Looks like he was not the devil after all. Naira sighed heavily. Another day carrying the world's burden will be all that comes when the sun rises. No answers, no warnings. Nothing at all. He introduced himself as Panzram.

Naira's ears laid against her crown as Panzram asked why she feared her master's return. 'Because he beat me. He enslaved me. He took my innocence and my light. He spat on my hope and snatched my dreams and stepped on them. He twisted me until I broke. He ruined me and turned into something dark, ugly. That is why.' The bitter thoughts never left her lips. Nothing changed. Only the fire in her eyes burned brighter, hotter.

Panzram started circling her, closer and closer. She threw her head up, warning him. Her tail swished and her eyes rolled, but he did not stop. Only came closer. Naira felt trapped, helpless. She shut her eyes, and when she opened them she was on her knees, she felt herself slowly breaking and a soft squeal left her lips.

He offered protection, justice. But all good things come at a price. Vale slowly swam back into Naira's vision, and she was pulled back into reality. "You are no devil. I know the games you play. I play them too," she said darkly. "But your offer is still standing, with a few adjustments," she said mournfully. She could feel herself breaking, cracking slowly.

She rocked from side to side, humming softly. A few bright red fireflies drifted in from the opening and hovered around her.

OCC: That second paragraph tho O_o <3. Just apologising for my previous post, it was crappy.
Tag;; @[Vale]

Born in cold blood.
Marco Monetti At Flicker.com

Messages In This Thread
As dark as day, as cold as fire. - by Naira - 10-12-2014, 04:15 PM
RE: As dark as day, as cold as fire. - by Vale - 10-12-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: As dark as day, as cold as fire. - by Panzram - 10-12-2014, 11:20 PM
RE: As dark as day, as cold as fire. - by Naira - 10-13-2014, 12:35 AM
RE: As dark as day, as cold as fire. - by Vale - 10-13-2014, 07:10 AM
RE: As dark as day, as cold as fire. - by Panzram - 10-13-2014, 09:16 PM
RE: As dark as day, as cold as fire. - by Naira - 10-14-2014, 12:21 AM
RE: As dark as day, as cold as fire. - by Vale - 10-18-2014, 10:04 PM