the Rift

[OPEN] Winter Wonderland

Adelis Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: Seven
Nevada

>> ADELIS <<

"A lovely name for an equally lovely mare." 'What?' shocked, flattered, and confused all at the same time, the brutt's eyes narrowed slightly before attempting to lock onto the yellowed eyes above her. 'He's lying. He's making fun of me.' her conscience babbled; offense bubbled underneath the flattery and one trembling leg moved her back by the shortest foot, the pendant tapping the thick, rough base of her right antler. The sentence played over and over in her head, trying to pick up a note of sarcasm in his deep voice, but the more she replayed it, the more she forgot what exactly it was that he had said. Finally, she decided to ignore it and let the stallion move on. Perhaps he would make a less hidden joke further into the conversation and allow her brain to ease out of mistaken, overwhelming joy.

At this moment, his flirtatious tone dissipated in the Frostfall air (which was what kept the ghost visibly quivering) and relief washed over her warm eyes. At the mention of the Falls, Bucephalus' expression changed drastically, but that tone that held mild concern still played with his tongue while he spoke. He mentioned something called the Threshold, a name unfamiliar to the uneducated doll, and someone he called Elsa (also unfamiliar) but at the mention of her weight, Adelis wanted to fall to her knees and hide from this winged man. For not knowing many of her herdmates, the young-minded girl knew that there were a few who did care about her health; hadn't Midas found her, the girl would likely have been killed off already. "No," she says under another shaken breath, "They take care of me. I.." she pauses, wanting to bite the inside of her cheek, but she pulls hard and finds her voice. "I like them. I used to be smaller." For as much grass that she has been able to consume in the past season, the brutt had only thought that she must have filled out, but for as far gone as her body was, it was going to take a lot longer than just a season.

Even while stewing over the thought of this stranger thinking that no one cared for her, she still managed to allow that grin to creak across her face and share what she had been doing before his fit. "I have never seen a-" Bucephalus pauses in his words, almost as if he was trying to find the right word to connect the dots. "-unicorn before I came here.-" Silently, her still wet eyes blink in confusion; how has he not seen a unicorn before? Her memories sway around like old Polaroids clipped up by clothes pins on a line of wire; most blurred, some faded, and others erased to black. What she does remember though, is how bountiful Arvakl and their mother's wings were, but they had all carried antlers and some of the distant herd mates that Adelis could never meet even had sharp, lonesome ones. She had spotted a few of those at the Hidden Falls.

Eventually the malnourished girl nods at the brute's words, her eyes finding themselves on his once more. "Almost.. cruel." 'I want to fly so badly.' she wanted to cry, to just climb out of bed one morning and be adorned with the same fluffy wings as Arvakl. The brutt's tail sways between long back legs, the blue tips dragging across the ground at their longest strings. "Does flight interest you?" Another nod. Finally a smile spreads across her dark lips, her forelock still hung securely over most of the scar, though the bit above her nostril would always be visible. "My sister can." she mentioned, her voice finally fully audible over the constant breeze in the Meadow.

"Speech"
@[Bucephalus]

"I DISMEMBERED A MILLION FLOWER PETALS
AND YOU STILL DIDN'T LOVE ME."
- J.F.P.

Please tag me in all replies, ♥ 

Messages In This Thread
Winter Wonderland - by Bucephalus - 10-12-2014, 08:11 PM
RE: Winter Wonderland - by Adelis - 10-13-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: Winter Wonderland - by Bucephalus - 10-13-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: Winter Wonderland - by Adelis - 10-13-2014, 01:40 AM
RE: Winter Wonderland - by Bucephalus - 10-13-2014, 02:09 AM