the Rift

[OPEN] Winter Wonderland

Adelis Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: Seven
Nevada

>> ADELIS <<

The man was always moving, whether it was a small flick of an ear or a wing shifting, he was almost always in motion. Now, he digs at the frozen layer of snow and ice, digging up enough dying vegetation below to feed a hungry mouse's family. Her wet eyes looked up from behind that thick forelock, quivering in their sockets as she dipped her head down obediently at his words. "Eat,-" he stated, his voice distant in her dusty mind. His eyes, as soft as real gold and just as shiny, watched her with some kind of interest that she couldn't understand. Why anyone would find any interest in her, she hadn't a clue.

"Stay away from me, filth." Arvakl's voice echoed between her black rimmed ears, over and over again, ending each time just strong enough to prod the back of her brain and make her close her tired eyes. She wondered where her dear sister is now, and what she must be doing. '[/i]Flying.[/i]' she whispered to herself in her head, velvet lips almost tugging into a grin again before they were wrapped around dull, wet grass. Silently she chewed, worried that her teeth grinding too loudly would bother Bucephalus or send him into another fit. "If you'd like.." he pauses, trailing off for a second before finishing his sentence. "I could try to describe flight, if you'd wish?"

A single blade of grass fell from her now empty mouth, sailing through the air before tucking itself away again among it's family roots. Her eyes, open once more, search the golden brute's in hopes of finding some perverse joke hiding behind them. But nothing was there for her to find, only that same yellow twinkling back that had been the whole while. "Could you?" she whispered, eager to learn about something that she loved so much. From years of watching, it looked to come as naturally as running to Arvakl and their mother.

Her small, dainty face raised from the half-eaten bushel of grass, her lips slack in a straight line. He paused in his words once more, changing his mind and teetering on showing or telling. "But first-" his round foot scratches at the same pile of grass she had just been slowly chewing to bits, "you must eat and grow stronger." Her jaw parted, dark lips peeling apart by the smallest centimeter as if she wasn't sure what he meant by "eat." Again, her small snout is touching the earth, lips pulling tenderly at the grass, sorry that she was eating the food that someone else could.

A couple more small mouthfuls left little more than the roots in the area she had been nibbling off of and she raised her antlered head again, blue-tinged tail swinging back and forth between thin legs as she finished. "Please, please! I want to learn so badly." she whimpered, ears cupped forward and her attention completely focused on the star-littered stallion.

"Speech"
@[Bucephalus]

"I DISMEMBERED A MILLION FLOWER PETALS
AND YOU STILL DIDN'T LOVE ME."
- J.F.P.

Please tag me in all replies, ♥ 

Messages In This Thread
Winter Wonderland - by Bucephalus - 10-12-2014, 08:11 PM
RE: Winter Wonderland - by Adelis - 10-13-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: Winter Wonderland - by Bucephalus - 10-13-2014, 01:05 AM
RE: Winter Wonderland - by Adelis - 10-13-2014, 01:40 AM
RE: Winter Wonderland - by Bucephalus - 10-13-2014, 02:09 AM