the Rift

Is It Worth The Journey

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Respectfully I dipped my muzzle to each of the winged beings, politely listening to each of them as they spoke. My attention was directed to the mare donned with a snowflake, noting how picturesque she was in the winter wonderland environment that surrounded us. The cold didn’t seem to bother her in the slightest, rather it suited her. Auds flicked as she described the various lands, my curiosity growing as she explained just how different some of the territories were. My crown tilted to the side as she mentioned how the Basin was filled with racist unicorns…How unusual. In my homelands it didn’t matter whether you were plain, horned or winged. I gave a nod to reassure her that I would make sure to stay away from the Basin, not wanting to even risk the thought of approaching them out of fear of what they might think of a mare such as myself.

As the stallion began to speak, my gaze shifted towards him while the corners of my lips tugged into a slight smile as he explained what a ‘Mason’ was in these lands. Why, this land grew more and more interesting and unique by the second. A single brow raised as he mentioned that he was new to the Dragon’s Throat, surprised at his bold question that suggested I follow him to his new home and be ‘new together.’ Almost instantly I became nervous, hiding my ears behind my crown and burying them into my mane. The idea of following a stallion was difficult enough. I was unsure if I could live in a desert, it was an environment I had never been exposed too before. Truthfully though, the idea of coming to a herd in hopes of finding a new home brought on a wave of emotions that became difficult for me to understand. Yes, I wanted to belong somewhere. I wanted a home where I would be appreciated rather than condemned, and this stallion had shown very little signs of dislike towards me, if any at all.

Scarlet orbs darted towards Elsa, as if to silently ask her opinion. Though I wasn’t sure if her opinion would even help in my decision, as I began to realize that the reason they were both here was to recruit for their herds. ”Oh, I-uh…I-I’ve never done well in herds before…” I admitted quietly as I stepped back, looking to the ground and once again hiding away like the little filly who was being scorned. Could I possibly look any more pathetic? Knowing how I must have looked began to make me angry, and my brows furrowed as I fought my inner battles before these two that were awaiting a response. Mentally I began to scrap and scrounge together every ounce of pride and courage that I could find within myself. Pulling it all together, pulling myself together really, I raised my crown with feigned confidence. “As much as I would love a new home, I’m simply unsure if I would really be welcome anywhere.”
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
Is It Worth The Journey - by Morrigan - 10-13-2014, 04:19 PM
RE: Is It Worth The Journey - by Bucephalus - 10-13-2014, 05:32 PM
RE: Is It Worth The Journey - by Elsa - 10-13-2014, 07:05 PM
RE: Is It Worth The Journey - by Morrigan - 10-13-2014, 10:41 PM
RE: Is It Worth The Journey - by Elsa - 10-17-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: Is It Worth The Journey - by Bucephalus - 10-23-2014, 12:58 PM
RE: Is It Worth The Journey - by Morrigan - 10-24-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: Is It Worth The Journey - by Elsa - 10-27-2014, 09:18 AM
RE: Is It Worth The Journey - by Bucephalus - 10-30-2014, 12:16 PM
RE: Is It Worth The Journey - by Morrigan - 11-03-2014, 03:31 PM