the Rift

[OPEN] Heal our land
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I came looking for clues – for explanations to the strange occurrences we’d been experiencing lately. Living predator moss, flesh eating worms and suicidal toads falling from heaven. The events seemed random, but nothing in this world was ever random; everything had a reason, a purpose. Even if those facts were hidden from our view.

So. I returned to the place we’d taken shelter in during a time of sickness and despair. The entrance is familiar, arching high enough to travel beneath, leading down to a steep lava stone pathway which eventually cut off to a main room. A large cavern extended far past into the shadows and high enough to attempt flight. I stepped beyond the lip, Fina remained perched outside on a slopping slab of granite. She’d thrived in that cavern only out of necessity and thus had no desire to return to a depth below ground level. My gaze drew wide, drawing in the faint glow to speed acceptance of dim light.

Beyond the main cavern and down winding paths were many other rooms. I followed a quiet, familiar trail and came to a pool of water surging from a simply decorated fountain. Healing had taken place in these blessed waters. I paused to study the figures and markings upon yon walls before taking my leave. Nothing felt or seemed out of place. Exploration continued but sadly the results were silent and still. This place had already served its purpose and now seemed empty of life from above.

MIDAS

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO

our hearts beat in time with the earth.

I had come upon the cavern in what you could call a fluke.

Traveling around Helovia, relearning her beauty, resided as a pasttime overshadowing what really drove me forward. I had been sent back to catch a murderer, and I suppose I would do just that. However, with the grips of winter wrapping their claws around even the southern parts of the land, I found myself stumbling into enchanting caves. I found them quite by accidently.

Merely lingering closer to the flames, I discovered a well worn pathway and blindly followed down. The halls which glowed in gilded light did not stir within me the same emotions of the dark forest. I felt this place was new, one I had never seen, but I could not be sure. How could I? For all I knew, my name was not really Hototo. I am lost, looking for the solution to my life and finding nothing but the fading heat of bodies now moved. The outline of shapes in dust. The feeling of names on my tongue, but no sound.

That is, until I see the approaching figure who also stumbled into the caves. He stood paused, looking at the figures and shapes on the walls which made little sense to me.

"Midas," my voice says surely, eyes linging upon the golden runes laid in stark black. I remember my vision from earlier, now setting a name to his face. Who is 'Midas'? Surely, I would remember my father figure better than my actual father. Ah, but it is not so. Instead, I flounder to find anything else about this man in my memory.

I stepped from the shadowy lining near the wall where my figure had been hidden, revealing the speaker. Midas felt warm in my heart, so I knew I should not be afraid. I could only hope he would fill in the rest of the clues.

[ ooc; <33 ]
CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Those shapes seemed to tell a story. A tale I lacked words to describe, or even begin to translate. I started to move back the way I’d come, that was until sounds of hoofbeats perked my attention and froze this patched body in place. Ivory feathers tightened their hold, responding to my nerves. Wide eyes jerked toward the entrance of this little den, suddenly growing wary as memories of diseased kin ravaged my mind and made me break out in a cold sweat. Memories could play such cruel games on us.

The figure shifted, tall and bulky. For a moment I thought to be staring at earth himself, my caution waned as a name trailed from lips and the shadow moved from darkness into lava glow. Yar, not my patron god. But the SON of earth. My son. Gaze softened, losing its edge and lips curved into a brilliant smile, “Hototo!” Trotting forward I moved to greet a child I’d not seen since before the sickness came, “My heart sings to see ye again,” muzzle thrust for his touch, to taste the earthy musk of his pelt and feel warmth from this gentle giant of a man.

For this moment I desired nothing more than to relish in the solidness and realness of him. “I feared for ye son.” He'd been absent for so long, without word or sighting for nearly three or more seasons, “Where has ye been all this time?” Cera and his sister would be glad to hear of his return..

MIDAS

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO

our hearts beat in time with the earth.

The alert coil of muscles comes first. Ah, only natural to be afraid of movement in the dark. I knew not what Midas remembered, but could assume in his mind I played some dreadful creature unknown before my identity became clear. My body in full sight, painted orange from the glow of the fire glaring through the walls.

The black and white stallion's face turns from rigid caution into wonton joy, his frigid exterior cast into the flames as he moves toward me. A wave of excitement takes my heart, and my smile unknowingly mirrors his own. The sound of my name on his lips reassures me, even more so than the mysterious knowledge of his name on my lips. I try to remember more, how I would know this bright and joyous soul, and find nothing. Empty, hollow, much like the darkness that had taken over my being.

I meet the gentle muzzle with my own, breathing in deeply to remember. The scent of his flesh is familiar, all too familiar, belonging to my former home, and I get the vision of a cascading waterfall and green rolling hills. The vision of the crimson eyed dame wishing me goodbye, her ivory horn flashing in the night. Who is she? Why did I leave? Where was I going? The clouds settle in around my mind, making my eyes grow distant until Midas's warm voice draws me home.

I feared for ye son.
Son.
Was he my father?
Surely not, for I had already met my father.

In my mind, I feel wind through my wings. A distant memory pulling on my subconscious. The feeling of flight, quickly followed by a crash. I blink, looking toward the golden eyed stallion. Midas. He taught me how to fly.

"I wish I knew," lamenting, my voice echoes quietly on the cave walls. "There is much I cannot remember." The statement is honest, bleak, and contrasts the warm glow still left in my cheeks from the memory of my childhood. Midas, my teacher, my mortal father. What happened to the rest of my family?

CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
His breath is warm on my cheek, I sigh, lingering there for a moment and listening. It was expected that I’d be treated to some story or explanation, imagine my disappointment and surprise when Hototo replied with neither. Warmed smile began to fade, obviously troubled by his response my gaze drifted up and muzzle slipped away so we could regard each other plainly. Ashy lips moved to offer a soft but concerned question, “Has ye lost memory of travels?”
I wasn’t the earthsingers sire by blood say true. But that didn’t sully the fact that I still loved him as a father would love his child. These two eyes had seen him grow from a shy suckling babe to a powerful stallion that was in every aspect as kind spirited as his true mythical father.

We’d built precious memories of sunsets and sunrises beside the ocean, playing away those summer days that never seemed to end. I would often dream of that warm sun glowing across my back, children laughing and the sound of waves rushing up the surf. We’d glided down the rolling hills of Thistle Meadow. Cera and Hototo had learned to fly together, their bright smiles and laughing eyes are forever burned into my mind.

It had all ended abruptly. Our family was broken and that the shards still pricked my heart throughout daily activities.

He’d always been more of a wandering soul, often traveling without the company of dame at heel. Ktulu had expressed worry from time to time, but otherwise seemed unconcerned by Hototo’s frequent trips away from home. “What does thee remember?”

MIDAS