the Rift

I'm not good at whispering [Solstice, Kimber?]

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

Solstice's remark brought a quipping laugh from Ricochet, though it soon soured into a frown. On one hoof he would love to see the unicorn's heart broken by that greased up bit of tail, but on the other hoof it made him sober to the effects she'd left in her previous wake. He was at least somewhat privy to the relationship with Terrador, but Ricochet wondered at what more Solstice hinted to.

Little of it was truly important though. Fact still remained that Soleil had done far too many wrongs to be so easily made right.

"...what he spoke of Smoke," Ricochet presses when Solstice offers little more explanation towards Soleil not being the only one there with the Sun God. "She carries that foal, that of the god's?" There was a touch of wonder to the stallion's voice at this. He was not a very religious stallion, placing most his prayers and swears in Nieque's name, not even a god in his own right, but some things were hard to deny hard as you might try to argue around them. Ricochet knew little of these lands and their gods, but all the same the idea that Smoke partook of that act left Ricochet reeling. He could not fully wrap his mind around the idea of a god procreating with a mortal (how was it done, how different did it feel?) much less what offspring it would bear.

How much the mighty mare must have given up. Even now she suffers the plight of pregnancy, unable to fully argue for her deserved title because she protected the herd.
The Tome Guardian had once tried to teach Ricochet that brute force could not always win out. He thought fondly of that quest now when considering what Smoke must have had to do to put herself in this position. Indy was so quick to favor Soleil who had nothing to show but burns incapacitating her from proper leadership and the risks and duties with it. To this Ricochet snorted, admonishing her further.

Solstice continued on, but these coming words were not much to Ricochet's liking, although he expected them all the same. Likely she'd know his response already, but he'd lay it out plain for her lest she accuse him of deceit otherwise.
"I am grateful of your support, you could not know how invaluable it is, particularly when many seem to still favor the Valiant and his whore, despite the proof." Ricochet shifted his weight, unsettled by the inevitable rift between them. "However I cannot promise this, equality." He sighed, irritated by his own beliefs but more so by hers. Why was equality so great, did no one gag at the smell of pegasus feathers or recoil at the sight of horns protruding from heads? It was simply abnormal! "I truly cannot stand the other kinds, and it will wear my patience to endure it as long as I am able in this setting." He stuck his tongue out in disgust, snorting his displeasure with a cloud of gunpowder. "I wonder what has happened to your senses, that you can tolerate them so?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm not good at whispering [Solstice, Kimber?] - by Ricochet - 09-06-2012, 12:02 AM