the Rift

Why Don't You Do Right?

Oberon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

O B E R O N
For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.

Oberon wasn’t left to his own thoughts for too long. His quiet appreciation for the solitude around him and wandering train of thought was interrupted by a voice; distinctly feminine and clear, thus close by...But came from above him? The stallion’s brow furrowed in his confusion, while his sky colored eyes turned upwards. His bewildered expression smoothed out as his gaze honed in on the movement in the branches before finding the source of the voice. Curious, the stallion’s bronze body shifted to turn more towards her; however he kept his distance out of wariness of her and of the snow that threatened to tumble down from the branches.

“Traveling through, I suppose,” he replied, his white and bronze head tilting to the side slightly as he regarded her from her position in the trees. It was close enough to the truth to pass – he had no desire to admit his exodus from his birthplace to a complete stranger. His attention was stolen away by sounds to his side, ones that were on the ground this time, thus he missed the perched mare’s roaming gaze. Nearly as white as the snow around them, Oberon would have missed her had he not heard her. She appeared patiently waiting for something, which made the pegasus stallion wonder just how long she had been standing there. Had he missed her? The thought made him feel rather regretful if he had, though it was hard to focus on everything when one was as tired as he was.

As the lighter, grounded spoke, Oberon’s sky colored eyes hazard a glance up to the trees. He wondered briefly if, perhaps by some ironic twist of fate, he had landed himself in the middle of something between the two. Dismissing the absurd thought, he focus returned to the lighter pegasus mare, who gave him some rather vital information he had neglected to glean from others during his tired exploration. Oberon offered a sheepish grin. “My name is Oberon. It’s a pleasure to meet you both,” he offered, his gaze flickering from one mare to the next. Even for as tired as he was, he wasn’t about to let his polite nature slide. A slight frown tugged at his white lips. “Well that is rather fine and dandy, Miss Elsa,” he spoke, his deep voice sounding just as tired as he felt. “But I must admit that I’m not from ‘round here. I don’t know anything about whatever herds you might be a part of.”

tagged: Ampere & Elsa
notes: n/a
"speech!" thoughts!

Messages In This Thread
Why Don't You Do Right? - by Oberon - 10-15-2014, 07:05 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Ampere - 10-16-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Elsa - 10-16-2014, 07:57 AM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Oberon - 10-16-2014, 02:09 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Ampere - 10-17-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Elsa - 10-17-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Oberon - 10-20-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Ampere - 10-21-2014, 11:37 PM