the Rift

Why Don't You Do Right?

Oberon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

O B E R O N
For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.

It seemed like it didn’t take much to get the other mare to join them from her perch. Not long after his back and forth exchange with the pale mare, the other appeared near them on the ground. Oberon’s brows rose slightly as his blue eyes were drawn back to her, mildly surprised at how stealthily she had moved through the branches to be level with them. Though, perhaps he shouldn’t have been so surprised if she was a regular around here. Now that she was closer, Oberon could get a better look at her. She was smaller than him, but Oberon knew well enough from experience that size didn’t really matter; besides, she seemed the kind of sort that could hold her own. Pretty too, he thought absentmindedly during his appraisal.

The pegasus stallion exhaled out in a deep sigh, ignoring how the air puffed up in a cloud around his face. “To be quite honest, herd life has never really been my thing. I grew up without one and did the lone ranger bit while I was younger,” he replied, with a slight shake of his head, causing the thick braid of his golden mane to sway from side to side. The stallion’s wings sagged slightly at his sides with his tiredness. “However, I’m no fool. I doubt I’ll be leaving here any time soon, and knowing little to nothing will be my death sentence,” he continued, pausing briefly. I’ll be dead if I don’t swallow my pride. That much could go without saying, judging by how he was currently carrying himself.

“But I also know I’m not a useless lump of muscle. So my question for both of you is, what could either of you and your lands do for me?” he finished, his blue gaze flickering from one mare to the other. He was seldom a bargainer, but his life before this new land had taught him how to bargain for the better hand; and if he was going to stick around for a while, then it didn’t hurt to see just how good his chances could be.

tagged: Ampere & Elsa
notes: n/a
"speech!" thoughts!

Messages In This Thread
Why Don't You Do Right? - by Oberon - 10-15-2014, 07:05 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Ampere - 10-16-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Elsa - 10-16-2014, 07:57 AM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Oberon - 10-16-2014, 02:09 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Ampere - 10-17-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Elsa - 10-17-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Oberon - 10-20-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Ampere - 10-21-2014, 11:37 PM