the Rift

Why Don't You Do Right?

Oberon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

O B E R O N
For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.

He knew he had been a little bold – maybe too bold, depending on one’s opinion – but it never hurt to try. Pushing had helped him assure his sister would survive and have a decent, if not good, life as an adult. Pushing had also gotten him into the mess he had fled from, but none of that mattered anymore. He knew it was perhaps a tad risky to take a gamble so soon, but he was never one to act by the books. At least, not yet. He mused that would also have to change, if he was going to settle somewhere for a period of time.

The stallion’s bronze and white head tilted slightly, his attention shifting to Ampere as she spoke. The basics he had assumed, because really, what was a herd without food and shelter? At this point, he was ready to be out of the snow for sleep and warmth to let his aching wings recover. There was true in her words – all herds offered food, shelter, and the chances to rise in the ranks. The most important things to Oberon were who you were with at the end of the day and if they had your back. He was not blind to the slightly wild look about her, either; he knew exactly what she meant and his raised brows showed it. He was not blind to Elsa’s seemingly disapproval of Ampere’s behavior, which struck him as curious.

The pegasus stallion shifted his weight around, ignoring how his cold limbs protested as his hooves crunched in the snow. He knew he had a choice to make and as much as he enjoyed being independent, he did not intend to freeze to death because of his pride. “Well, I must say, you both provide compelling arguments,” he said, pausing briefly to let his gaze dance back and forth between the two mares. “However, there is a certain allure to being somewhere warm for a change. I’m due for a scenery change as it is. I’ll gladly follow you to Dragon’s Throat, miss,” he continued, his blue gaze settling on Ampere. He was not inclined to call her Blue Bird as Elsa had; he’d win the knowledge of the mare’s name on his own. He did, however, offer Elsa sheepish grin. “I apologize for any inconvenience, Miss Elsa.”

tagged: Ampere & Elsa
notes: Sorry for the wait! D:
"speech!" thoughts!

Messages In This Thread
Why Don't You Do Right? - by Oberon - 10-15-2014, 07:05 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Ampere - 10-16-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Elsa - 10-16-2014, 07:57 AM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Oberon - 10-16-2014, 02:09 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Ampere - 10-17-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Elsa - 10-17-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Oberon - 10-20-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: Why Don't You Do Right? - by Ampere - 10-21-2014, 11:37 PM