the Rift

[OPEN] Frozen :: Herd Meeting

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ

Icicles clung to the sturdy branches of the Edge trees, prisms of particles frozen in time and space as they reflected the weak light of the winter world. Occasionally, when the air deemed to warm itself in a pitiful apology for the marrow-deep shivers that cursed most of the inhabitants, the melodic (if eerie) drip of the water as it slid down the length of the frozen daggers. Pale blues, echoing the colors of the subjects that had so captured his attention, could not rip away from the riveting sound of the droplets. A sigh ripped free of frozen whiskers on a scruffy face, gaze dancing away from the artistic structures. Pawing idly at the hard, solid earth, the King snorted. Clouds enveloped his face on the cold winter breeze, mockingly warm with his body heat as it drifted past his cheeks to disappear. With the change of seasons, so had their family changed, and they could no longer ignore their duties. Glancing over at Kahlua, he smiled softly at her, preparing himself to face their flock. Darkness had begun its spread through Helovia once more, and he dreaded to tell his peace-loving family that they would have to take up arms once more. Especially against a foe he could not detail for them.

It seemed the faceless monster in the night truly was to be feared.

Mighty crown tilted back, majestic shoulders flexing to prepare his lungs for the call that needed to spread throughout the entirety of the herdlands. It caused a far stronger mist, he noted with a vague tinge of amusement, sides swelling with each breath as he regained what he'd lost calling his flock to their shepherds. Not that they needed Kahlua and Kaj to lead them at all. They were all entirely able-bodied, and Kaj had seen them grow and strengthen season after season. Suddenly, his fears of their reactions quieted. They could handle this mystery foe together, he need not doubt them when the evidence was plainly written into his own memory.

Waiting for them to gather was pleasantly longer. Kaj did not mind having to exercise his patience. It meant they were growing, expanding. It was testament to all the work he and Kahlua had put forth into the herd, and how their appointed members had risen beautifully to the challenge they had both presented. Finally he cleared his throat, ceasing the murmurs of greetings and friendly conversation as they too awaited for all their kin to arrive.

"Brothers and sisters, another season has begun. We have grown in numbers and in strength. The winter moons are ahead of us, but Evangeline has proposed the use of bonfires to keep us warm through them. Those with magic and companions capable of sparking these, I urge you to speak with Evangeline. We do not want any illness this season, if we can at all prevent it." Eyes warm with compassion, he swept his gaze across the faces gathered before him. No, he certainly didn't want any of them to fall sick, especially with the cold whip of winter far stronger than previous years.

"Our travels to the herds have been successful. The Aurora Basin and the World's Edge are on peaceful, albeit neutral ground. The Falls have been undergoing a change in leadership and groups, we are currently pending our political relationship with them. The Dragon's Throat has agreed to peaceful negotiations and trades, and we are pending an official alliance in the future." Hoping that there would be no objections to the Basin news was perhaps too much, but Kaj could not help but succumb either way. Forgiveness was not in his blood, Evangeline had showed him as much, but the war-ridden part of his brain simply could not feud with such a large military herd. Befriending them was far more profitable, regardless of what his socially-minded peers often thought of his tactics.

"The Goddess has granted us three prizes, awarding them to those who have consistently aided this family and herd. Kahlua, your prize awaits you near the garden. Evangeline, for you I have an amulet, crafted from Her magic to protect you." He sought out Evangeline's beautiful bright eyes, smile coming unbidden to his lips. Stepping towards the quiet lass, he shook his neck gently to loosen the amulet from his own shoulders, grasping it in his lips before depositing it over her crown as carefully as he could manage. Subtly brushing his lips against her marked shoulder before turning and reclaiming his position beside his Queen. "Jahzara, our Goddess gives you a mark of your choosing, to light your way with the glow of her colors and signify you have done a service for her patron lands." A cool wind curled towards the mare in question, as if awaiting her decision, ready to imprint her with the scrawl of the Goddess' benevolence.

As he thought to his next task, he recalled Ktulu's soft words prior to the meeting, the dawn of the prior day. Though Kaj had been surprised that she was seeking a foal with Lakota, he was not so much surprised at the gender inequality. After all, where he came from it was more common to bed another of the same gender than the opposite. He had understood her request, eager for more foals to explore the mists of their home, and wished her luck in her quest. She had been a worthy Captain, but he would not begrudge her the family her mate apparently so desired. "Changes have been made among our ranks. Ktulu, in honor of her mate and their desire for a family to raise in our mists, has honorably stepped down to care for her future child. Cheveyo?" Calling for her, crystalline blues found her painted figure in the crowd, stepping halfway towards her with a serious expression falling upon his featurs.

"The title is your for the taking, Cheveyo. Will you honor your family with your valor and shed your blood for them whenever the time shall come?" Awaiting her answer, he couldn't help but find a measure of pride in the painted warrior. She was a friend to him, one that had calmed his fears when he was newly crowned, and he would not forget such a thing. "Daemyn, in light of Fiore's and Note's absences, we would like to extend to you the title of Sergeant. Will you serve beneath Archibald and Cheveyo, and strengthen your family with the power of your skills?" Losing Note and Fiore, with no explanation, was still an echo of sadness in the king's skull. But they could not linger in sorrow, they must move forward and grow stronger, especially in the face of danger.

Thor's face was easily found next, the brute's size alone sticking out from the crowd. "Thor and Jahzara, will you blend with the mists and keep keen ear and eye on your people? Will you protect them from the thieves that wish to harm our family?" Their Specters had been disappointingly few in the past seasons, and Kaj did not begrudge Quilyan's polite withdrawal from the position. His brother could do little wrong in Kaj's eyes. The other ranks were for Kahlua to reveal, and he turned to her with a subtle dip of his head, words tapering to a close with the replies he had anticipated.

And the icicles continued to drip in the silence, the ticking of the clock, water upon deadened leaves.

Gifts:
Jahzara - glowing purple marking
Evangeline - moon amulet
Kahlua - large item

Kaj's Announced Promotions:
@[Cheveyo] to Captain! @[Archibald] to Captain! @[Daemyn] to Sergeant!
@[Thor] and @[Jahzara] to Specter!

@[Bellona], depending on her IC decision, shall also be named Captain should she desire to claim it.

LeadeR
world's edge
Image Credit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
KAHLUA
Standing beside Kaj, the queen felt her swirling heart wonder at what she would say to them when a moment alone gave them peace from herd duties and worries, from stress and tasks and assignments and councils and herd relations and peace. The dragon that sat perched upon her back understood little of the thing she worried so much about, the troubles being older than he was, but she did not mind. The distraction of his childish thoughts was welcome on many levels. Returning her king’s smile, she did not flinch against his call. He was strong, his voice permeating the air, and Kahlua knew that with him as king they would be seen through all of the terrors that had ransacked their land in the bitterly cold winter that had blanketed them.

Letting her king speak first, for his voice and words were always more majestic than her own, the painted woman stood silently but proudly beside him. “I am going to travel to the Foothills as soon as I can, a friend or two would be welcome,” was all she added on the mention of herd relations. There was little to cover that Kaj had not.

As for prizes and rewards from their beloved Moon Goddess, it was perhaps lucky the queen was staring off in the distance towards the garden with an excited smile. What awaited her there she could only imagine, but she was certain she would love it. Yet, lucky that she was looking away, for she might have seen the way Kaj brushed against Eva, smiled at approaching her, the gentleness that he had once shown to her now doted upon another. She only looked back at gentle insistence of the wind, looking towards Jay to see what the newcomer would think of this honor. “Thank you for your service,” she said to both, however, as Kaj returned to her side.

But next was the exciting part, and Kahlua was certainly hopeful to see happy smiles all around. While Kaj did his rounds she waited, but then it was her turn and she stepped forward. “We especially wish to thank Dragomir for his continued service as Glazier.” Bounding towards the stallion, she offered him a happy nudge to the shoulder, as she knew he would surely be skulking in the shadows. “Merida and Far have expressed interest in learning your craft, will you take them under your wing?” Nodding to each of the two named, the queen then returned to her previous position.

This next part, however, would not be so fun for the queen. “To remind our newcomers, Alysanne is our Moon Doctor.” She tossed her nose towards the painted pegasus; however, the name of Resplendence was conspicuously absent. Kaj and Kahlua had worried for her mental health after her prolonged absence and hoped to relieve her of some of her more stressful duties in order to make sure she was well. “Merida and Resplendence will continue to work under her.” Another nod was given to the young mare Merida who had willingly involved herself in several trades. She had been very meek when Kahlua had first met her and it was nice to see that she was blossoming into herself.

Growing more somber, she returned to her position at the head of the group beside Kaj. “I do need to warn everyone, there have been strange things happening. If you have seen anything, please speak up and let us know so that we can prepare. I was on the island when…” she trailed off with a sigh. She had panicked then on the island, she would try not to panic now. “When worms, hundreds of them, suddenly began burrowing up from the ground and digging into the skin above my hooves. They fell off and died as soon as they came, but it was not natural.” Shuddering, she let the memory go away. “Eva knows more about another occurrence,” she finished, giving Eva the floor to discuss if she wanted.

Finally, almost as after thoughts, she added two more things. “The Edge will be hosting games soon, to help get our name out and to hopefully invite outcasts into our ranks to become one of us. If you would like to volunteer to help, Kaj and I would be happy to help you find a place.” The queen then drifted her eyes to beloved Nasreen. “Have you been able to contact the Lady Moon, Nasreen? What news does she send?” Finally, the queen returned her gaze to the rest of the herd. “If anyone has questions or concerns please speak them now.”

Kahlua’s Announced Promotions:
@[Alysanne] remains as Moon Doctor
@[Dragomir] remains as Glazier

For those who were not chosen for positions they applied for, we will be discussing with our new Tier II members a set of tasks that they think should be completed in order to demonstrated activity and excitement for helping the Edge to grow. When these tasks are completed, opportunities for advancement will become available!
EDGE
fo Lyfe
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
come on like a bloodstained hurricane

Archibald moved in after Kaj, Loretta catching his scent on the wind. The pair had not been near the King since meeting him on the Sky Island, and Archibald was intrigued to see what he was doing in the herdland. Perhaps a meeting. Loretta suggested, tail curling over her back as the pair began to trot after the scent and sound of the buckskin. Their suspicions were confirmed as the mammoth warrior settled in to where Kaj stood before his subjects. Archibald stood above the rest, his size setting him as the herd behemoth. Loretta lay in the snow at Archibald's heels, her thick fur keeping her warm and comfortable despite the thick blanket of frozen water she rested on. The warrior stayed silent and stoic as Kaj and Kahlua talked, though their words caught his interest.

The kingly warrior turned to look at Cheveyo, to see her reaction. He had sparred with her not long ago, and she was dedicated to this herd. His face did not change as he mulled different thoughts over in his mind. Would she challenge him? Would she attempt to hold total authority? Between them, Archibald was the higher and more advanced warrior, his experience and titles far outweighing her's. But she was passionate for her people, the beast would give her that. Next, the Dauntless' gold gaze swept over to a spotted boy. Yet to make acquaintances with this one, Archibald briefly gave a command, "We will spar together, when this is through." His words were casual, but there was no emotion lacing them. What a sight this beast was, Archibald the Dauntless, with no emotion and the ability to cast fear into all that looked his way.

"I am a witness to an odd occurrence as well. Jahzara and Meriwether were also present," Archibald's cold eyes weep the crowd for one moment to locate each of the mares, before turning to meet the similar eyes of his leaders. "Upon welcoming Meriwether as one of my warriors, we were interrupted. Crows, thousands of crows, flew towards us. They were screaming, squawking as if something had been chasing them...and they fell to the ground. It was a hurricane of black bodies, some dead as they fell from the sky and others as they hit the ground...some suffering without instant death." Archibald did not give the herd mind, but he could imagine the shock, terror, or confusion on their faces. "It was an omen. A dark one. Something terrible is coming."

When he finished his statement, Archibald watched Kahlua's face hard. He wanted to see her reaction mostly, wonder how fear would creep into her cerulean gaze. Moments of silence passed from the dark knight before he turned to the herd again. "Warriors, sergeants, and Captains," He glanced towards Cheveyo in that moment, wishing she was Ktulu and not herself, "There will be a meeting within the week. Do not get comfortable in this winter, you will be needed soon."

Lastly, Archibald turned his attentions back on Kahlua. "I will venture with you, Kahlua, for safety, if you wish."

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She came, heading the call of not only her leaders but her brother and sister. Tired orbs, aching limbs, and stressful mind all moved as one, carrying the meek mare closer to the front as she had slowly begun to be accustomed to. Words of relations between herds were shuffled through the air, and appointments were made. She listened, yes, but most didn't stick as tightly as it should because of her mental exhaustion.

Yet, it was tired eyes that met Kahlua's gaze when her name was not mentioned as a Moon Doctor. A sharp glint of confusion flickered outward, and she slowly began to shuffle her way backwards. Hurt, pain, uncertainty. Had her hiding in the shadows been so wrong?. She had still tried to be there, within a simple call's distance, for her herd - her family. She still wanted to help heal and now they were taking away the one certain thing which would allow her to heal.

Her heart was shattered, Valiance was not pleased, and it was only her begging that kept him from going up and puffing smoke in protest. Her tiny form fell even smaller, and if Kaj or Kahlua had even motioned to her with the mention of her and Merida's name she didn't see it. Her forelock fell over her orbs, and when they asked for questions or concerns the tiny mare escaped from the tight, suffocating confines of everyone in the herd. She stayed, just barely, hidden deep in the shadows. Far enough away to not really be seen, but close enough that she could hear the words which were still falling from everyone's lips.

Tears. Now was not the time for them, yet they were still falling. Quiet tears, but tears all the same. "I'm sorry I failed you," she whispered to everyone she loved, she cared for. It was for everyone. She had failed everyone. But oh, how glad she was that she could hide behind her locks and be hugged by Valiance.

Still, her heart was broken and Quilyan was nowhere nearby for her to cling to - to try and get some kind of explanation. She was useless, and she knew that now.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

Snow seemed to settle over the Edge heavier than it had in the Foothills, but it was much prettier here. Much more mysterious as the thick mist rolled over the sparkling ground, winding around snow laden trees before hitting against the frostbitten walls to dissapear into the rest of the lands. For a moment my heart longed for the Foothills, but the longing didn't last long as I heard the call of the Stormbringer, a snort blew easily through my rosy paper thins while yellow painted hooves carried me easily away from the cliff's edge where I had been standing admiring the beauty of my home and mulling over what had been lost.
There was much loss in my seven years. More loss than I could have ever imagined, but each and every loss had formed me into the creature that I was now. Thoughts of my past, and what my future could possibly be danced like the Native two legs around a bonfire through my mind...some thoughts were darker than others while others were bright and happy. Full of love and light rather than loneliness and shadows. But for now, things seemed to be going quite well, the Edge was a wonderful home and everyone who resided here felt like family.
Sunkissed ears danced forwards as I stepped into the icicle ridden clearing that the Stormbringer had called us to, orchid gaze settling easily on each of the members that had shown up quicker than I had been able to before the rest of them slowly trickle in through the tree line, our numbers quickly filling up the clearing. Looking to my side I find myself standing next to the Moon Doctor who had welcomed me back to the Edge (with a million questions), we hadn't really gotten to know each other very well. But from what I could tell she seemed to be a bit of a bundle of nerves, and quite emotional, although I didn't expect any nerves of steel coming from a doctor...surely they had to show compassion to their patients where in my job field compassion was a weakness.
My attention was drawn away from the pale mare who stood beside me as the winged King began to speak, telling us of fires that would be started throughout the lands before moving on to the topic of alliances. Which it seemed we were allied with nearly everyone, an idea that I thought to be quite poor. Allying with everyone seemed to be begging for a backstabbing, but what was done was done and there was no way I could butt in with my opinion now. Orchids watched while the King stepped forwards, offering gifts of various kinds to the members of the herd before stepping back to his place with a much more serious expression across his handsome features. "Changes have been made among our ranks. Ktulu, in honor of her mate and their desire for a family to raise in our mists, has honorably stepped down to care for her future child. Cheveyo?" The mention of my name caused my white washed skull to snap upwards and ears to flick forwards while the Stormbringer took a half step in my general direction before his deep voice rumbled out once more. "The title is your for the taking, Cheveyo. Will you honor your family with your valor and shed your blood for them whenever the time shall come?" Shock washed over my frame as I fought back a large smile from taking over my features as the stallion spoke, rather than smile my chin tucked in close to my chest as I nodded to him before allowing my much lighter words to float into the air around us. "I would be honored sir."
As he moved on to name other ranks, I couldn't help but look over to the black beast I had sparred not too long ago. Now I held the same title as him, some would expect there to be some kind of usurp of power between the two of us I was sure. But I saw no reason to cause any kind of drama, especially since I still considered the Dauntless to be much wiser than myself. I would gladly still take orders from him. I listened as the Moon Doctors were named, this time the only one being the kind black and white paint whom I hadn't really gotten to know yet. The sadness washing off of the small mare beside me was evident as she was listed as someone who would be serving beneath Alysanne. The corners of my rosy lips turned downwards into a frown as I leaned over to brush against her slender shoulder in what I hoped would be a comforting touch in her time of need.
It seemed I wouldn't have time to comfort the mare, or even think of ways to comfort her as my attention was drawn away by talks of darkness that caused even the Dauntless to speak up his dark eyes settling upon my frame while a meeting was being mentioned. My heart sank into my stomach momentarily as I remembered what happened the last time a darkness crept into the lands. We had all been forced into rabbit holes where we stayed until the lands were void of the zombies, a snort blew through my nostrils once more as I listened to my partner speak up offering his protection to the Sunshower in her travels. "And I will remain here with the Stormbringer to discuss the best way to keep our herd safe." My orchid gaze remained locked on the buckskin winged creature as I spoke, hoping that he would back me up in my decision.

"words."
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 963
OOC;; eeee, so excited! Thank you guys <3 <3 <3
Cheveyo
i've got thick skin, and an elastic heart
x - x

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
She is late, late to the meeting, but where there once would have been chagrin, today there is only sheepish apology. Even through the arrival of Frostfall, the princess has been dancing on air—ever since her encounter with Lady Moon herself, a simple joy has possessed her and nothing can get her down.

Nasreen arrives at a cheery trot, hooves pounding rhythmically to the background music of a light tinkle of jewelry. Not only do her wings showcase the delicate chains from her adventures in the clouds with Kahlua, but a new amulet bounces jauntily on her chest, a gift from the goddess. A sign, the deity had said, of the message she carried. And oh, was it important indeed! Almost as intoxicating as the goddess’ favor was the feeling that she was needed…the maiden’s chest swells with pride at the very thought. She had never been needed before—honored, yes, respected, of course! But knowing that she was important to the herd? She could get used to that feeling.

She does not arrive in time for the bad news or the promotions, nor does she have any way of knowing that Kahlua has called on her to speak. However, her overwhelming desire to share the goddess’ word with the Quian will make the deity’s decree soon apparent. After a quick, breathless ‘hello’ to the gathering (in which her brother is notably absent) and a bow of the head to Kahlua and Kaj, the maiden launches into her recitation. “I have spoken with the goddess,” she begins, and because she can’t help herself, she pauses for effect. “Of the island—she says it is well; the gods are watching. But the Basin…she said that we shouldn’t trust them—or anyone, really.” Nasreen knows little of herd politics, so she prattles on, unnerved by the implications of the Moon’s message. “But she is gracious, oh, so gracious! While she advises the Quian to stand alone, she says that if it is strength we require, we are to find it in her.” A rapturous smile lights up the princess’ features, and she steps back, task completed. When was the last time that she was this happy?

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

The sun had risen over the clouds yet the white mare continued to stand in the same place she had been for hours beneath the shelter of one of the tall pines. Normally she would have already been up and about many hours earlier but not today. Today was just another day... another depressing dull day. Aeolus had gone off to play earlier that afternoon so she remained alone with her thoughts and the feeling she would never get out of this tailspin. It had been four weeks to this date that Levex had gone missing and still there was no sign of him. She had searched day in and day out frantically trying to locate her colt but she had failed. With Aeolus still at her side she tried to be strong for his sake but the reality still ate away at her tearing her apart. He was still too young to be on his own and without someone to protect him from danger and keep him warm at night. Her twins were her life and without them both here with her it was extremely hard to concentrate on anything else. This was her fault... she didn't know how but it was all her fault.

When time came for the regular herd meeting she literally had to drag herself out forcing herself to attend so she wouldn't dive into a life of solitude and loneliness once more. Stopping to get some water along the way she tried to not look at herself and at what she had become. The entirety of weight she had gained through her pregnancy had been lost some time ago and with the stress of the last month she was beginning to see her ribs once more. Sighing in disgust she turned away to join the rest of the herd at this meeting to see what all had been going on in the last month or so.

Arriving late she chose to stick towards the back instead of up near the front like she normally would have done so that she could listen in and not disrupt the rest of them. Kahlua's joyous tone helped to draw her into what was being said but the horrors that had been going on did not sound good to her. Had Levex's disappearance been associated with any of this? Had something taken him? Anger flared up in her chest at the very thought awakening her heart once more. If anyone had taken him she would hunt them down and make them pay for the pain and suffering they had caused. That much was a promise. Containing her anger before she caused something to burst into flames she lifted her head to look around at all those who had shown up. How many others had witnessed these horrible events? Should she say something or was she making something out of nothing? Please help her make sense of all of this she prayed silently to the gods. Let her help to end this once and for all.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
It felt good, wonderful even, to be roused by the call of Kaj - a call meant for them all as their presence was requested for a herd meeting. She had missed one or two when she was gone, she knew that, but now that she was back she intended to miss nothing. Alysanne wanted to make up for her absence by being better: a better herd member, a better healer, a better friend. Most of that she could figure out on her own but maybe she was still getting used to the idea of a herd that functioned well because everyone had a job.

The painted pegasus definitely needed to work a little harder than she had been. Well, she wanted to work harder.

Hemlock grumbled gently but did not fully wake as she moved off towards the call - joy adding a bounce to her step as she looked forward to seeing the familiar faces of her herd mates and any new ones that had been added during her small vacation. She gathered with the others before their monarchs - flashing all a bright smile. Green eyes did not spot Brisa until after Kaj had begun talking - standing close to the back of the group and looking much thinner than the last time she had seen her. Worries bounced around her head before she focused her attention on the meeting at hand. She could check up on her dear friend afterwards.

Kaj offered promotions to those within the army and gifts to those that had served the herd well. It brought Alysanne joy to see so many faces, hear so many unfamiliar names. The Edge was alive and thriving - the Goddess had done well to trust Kaj and Kahlua with the care of this land and the residents.

When it came to Kahlua’s turn, the sun-bright queen bounced around giving good news about the crafting ranks before her mood sobered for the healers. Though Alysanne nodded in acknowledgement of the words, she did not stop the concerned frown from clouding over her eyes when it was mentioned that Resplendence was no longer a Moon Doctor. She trusted the decision of their King and Queen, of course, but worry and panic squeezed at her heart. She was still learning!

And Resplendence… was she alright? A quick look at the group just in time to see the small form of the healer retreat from the group.

Another friend she simply must go speak to when this meeting was over.

Which wasn’t quite yet. There was more - darker words, darker news. Several stories were offered of strange occurrences, plagues of animals appearing and disappearing within moments. Dark omens. Was Helovia not yet free of the darkness that had driven them all into the caves? Alysanne certainly had missed a lot while she was gone. She really was going to have to stop leaving if only so that there would be no more darkness to find upon her return.

Her mood considerably less chipper than when she had first arrived at the meeting, Alysanne nonetheless found a small smile to look upon Kahlua with (not that it was hard, the painted Queen did have a cheering effect) as she offered what little help she could. “I volunteer to help out in whatever way I can with the games and if it’s alright, I’d like to come visit the Foothills as well.” She had never been, after all, and was equal parts curious and excited about the idea of a trip on behalf of the Edge - whatever the purpose was.

everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Standing with his hooves at the edge of the rocky cliff the brindled boy watched in fascination as the waves rolled into the bay only to crash into the rocks below. The salty foam sprayed out in all directions as impact was made stopping the water in its tracks. Lifting his wings skyward the colt enjoyed feeling the wind breeze easily over his feathers as he stood watching the surf and letting his mind wander. Perhaps one day he would learn to use the wind to his advantage and fly high over the waters and see what was beyond them. Without anyone in his life that had similar appendages there was not much that he could do other than try and imitate what he had seen others doing as they flew high overhead. Someday.. someday he would learn to fly like he was meant to.

Voices spoke over the rush of the wind in soft whispers calling those of the Edge to a meeting. Sighing with discontent he debated whether or not he really needed to attend. It was mostly for the grown-ups anyway he could never be of much use to them. Most of the stuff that they talked about was not of much concern to him being as young as he was. Groaning to himself he reluctantly turned away from the water figuring that he might as well go see what all there was to talk about, its not as if there was anything else to do anyway. Tucking his wings back along his sides he ducked to avoid the low hanging branches as he moved towards the voices.

Spotting his mother near the back of the small group he trotted up alongside her touching his muzzle to her shoulder affectionately before turning his attention to the leaders. Looking around as he listened he noticed that there was not too many that had turned up so far. Surely he remembered more members than this from the last meeting unless he was wrong. Losing interest quite quickly as the meeting progressed he stood quietly waiting for it to just be over so he could go do something else. Kahlua began speaking shortly after Kaj finished drawing his attention at the mention of strange occurances happening. Hmmm what was causing things like worms to fall from the sky? It sounded strange but it had caught his interest. Maybe he could try and help find out what was causing it he was good at searching for things. The memory of his brother flashed across his mind saddening the colt and making him second guess being good at searching. He hadn't been able to find Levex, maybe he wasn't good at anything like that after all.

"Aeolus Speaks.."

Aeolus
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
x - x
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

It had been a long, long time since Romani had joined a gathering due to the beckoning of a leader. When had she done so last? So long ago that she was unable to remember, before her mental state had driven her away from the World's Edge in the first place and had set her on the lonely road of a wandering gypsy. Had it been when Mirage had been Queen? Goodness... That seemed like ages ago.

Arriving at the meeting place, the Haflinger milled about the back of the herd, knowing that it was not in her place to speak. She held no rank save that of a soldier, and she would do her duty and keep her mouth shut, yet keep an eye out for her herdmates. The gypsy's azure depths searched the faces of those who had gathered, immediately spotting good Kaj as he spoke and promoted those who surely deserved the said promotions. The Queen spoke next, and she was a face that Romani didn't recognize. A few names spouted were easy for the mare to remember; Cheveyo and Archibald. As though his name brought clarity to to her vision, she spotted the massive Captain, his black, goliathe form just as impressive as it had been upon the day of their first meeting, so many years ago.

As though reassured by Archibald's presence alone, Romani ventured towards him, mindful to respect his presence and personal space by not getting too close. At her side, Kasai remained vigilant and silent, icy-blue orbs looking to all of the faces that were gathered. So many unrecognizable individuals... Maybe they'd get aquainted soon. As the Dauntless spoke of the dark omen that he encountered with a mare called 'Meriwether', the Haflinger's ears tipped back in uncertainty. Crows falling dead, a hurricane of black, dead bodies? An omen indeed.

"Aye, my Captain," Romani stated in response to Archibald's order with a firm nod, a willing, and determined expression crossing her face. Once again they were brother-and-sister in arms, serving together to protect their home. "Kasai and I are at your beck and call once more, my friend. Simply call, and we shall be there."

After all, she owed the Edge that much.

Just Need a bit of Luck, Get 'em Up
Point the Gun at the Eyes
Or at the Knees, had to Shoot, had to Fight
Gonna take out the Gunman

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Heavy hooves mount the snowdrift with ease as I trail my companions in the wake of our King’s appeal, though I silently hope that nothing is awry. My fluid gait covers the many swells that distance me from my herd and in the time it takes to reach them, I ponder many things. I know of the many new faces I will encounter and I know that they will not find me as exciting as I might find them. I am still a nervous soul, fluttering chaotically against my confines at the thought of once again facing my Queen and King. I fear irrationally that they will displace me because of my impudence upon first seeking them out at the wall. However, when I breech the gathering, I am delightfully surprised to find that they have not found reason to cast me out and instead gift me with rank and ability. I smile at them warmly and dip my massive face in a courteous bow, “Most certainly Kaj, I will not disappoint” How could I ever repay them for their kindliness? For all that I’ve done to them and yet they still sought to make me welcome. They were the true definition of family.

As Kaj and Kahlua move on with further announcements, including the situation Evangeline and I had witnessed firsthand, I seekt out a friendly face in which I can settle in with and soon decide upon the gracious Moon Doctor, Alysanne. I had met her upon bringing Rekshana to the Edge and her bright personality had left quite an impression on me. With a small smile, I approach her in order to stand at her side. However, my attentions are quickly compromised as the Seer, now a mare named Nasreen conveys a somewhat confusing message. According to the Moon Goddess, the World’s Edge had been wrong to seek any alliances within Helovia and that news leaves my quite speechless and dazed. At one time, Mirage had created many treaties with neighboring herds… and yet, the Goddess herself now directed otherwise? Shock settles darkly in my gut and I shift awkwardly away from the kind Moon Doctor in an attempt to hide my worry. I wasn’t sure what the future held, but I feared it was no better than the Endless Night that had left Helovia in shadow for months on end.

However, other topics of interest also make me turn my thoughts viciously from one thing to the next. Though my expression remains a calm mask of understanding, I am still racing through everything at breakneck speed. There is so much information being shared all at once, such as the Games… What an inventive idea… I am certain that I could assist in the production of them if only Kahlua or Kaj would give me reason. I already anticipated helping Evangeline with the fires around the Edge in order to warm its frozen heart, but there was still so much to do… and now I was responsible for teaching new and upcoming Sleuths how best to do their job. That alone would be enough pressure to keep my awake at night, though I knew myself most capable. I was afraid that I would let someone down or lead them astray. No, I would guide them with as much heart as I could possibly devote. Alongside this Jahzara, we would create an interest in our field and help the Edge.

I spot Romani at some point and give her a warm smile in hopes that we will eventually be able to share words, but I knew that these meetings are often quite hectic. She accompanies the great Archibald and though I still long to know more of him as well, I sedate my curiosity until a later time. With that, I turn my attention back to Kahlua after deciding that I too would like to accompany her to the Foothills in order to learn as much as I could about the many things the Edge was planning to do with her sister herds. “Kahlua, if you would have me, I would like to join you to the Foothills as well.Perhaps test out my sleuthing abilities? Oh how strange it was to consider myself a Specter of the World’s Edge.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse
"Speech 'Wonderings' Words: 623 OOC: Thank ya'll so much for this AMAZING oppertunity! <3 I'm sorry it took me so long to reply!
Daemyn
Shivering softly the stallion heard the call for the herd to gather; this was something he had not been expecting. Smiling warmly the speckled stallion cantered through the bright icicle covered evergreens. He was becoming well versed with the lay of the land. Even if he did not want to get to know his home he would have to. How would a solider be any good to his people if he did not know the strengths and weaknesses of the land he would one day have to fight for. He knew of the Goddess's shrine, of the half fallen glass wall, but there was still much he did not know of. A sudden call brought him to a skidding halt. The muscular male had yet to meet his King, but this call could only mean one or two things; the king was calling, or someone was in trouble. Either way the speckled stud knew he had to get there and fast. Half rearing the scar riddled beast plunged through the icy undergrowth ears pricked searching for sounds of a struggle or voices. He hopped whole heatedly that the voice had been Kaj summoning the family.

It didn't take the stallion long to come to the place he was sure the call had come from. He heard someone speaking in a calm carrying voice, easing to a steady walk the spotted powerhouse extracted himself from the shadows. There was already a few others present and he paused moving his lilac gaze slowly over them all memorizing faces the best he could. Smiling nervously he searched the small crowd for Nayati. Feeling slightly disappointed the stallion moved forward to stand, at a descent distance away, from a massive black and white stallion. He dipped his handsome mug silently to the towering shadowy beast before turning to face the speaker.

Amethyst eyes found his painted Lady and smiled softly, until his gaze slid to the light golden male at her side. Curiosity edged with fear ripped through his chest as his attention settled bluntly upon the silver wings. The speckled silver bay stud had never seen such a horrible yet splendid thing before. He was drawn from his thoughts as the stallion spoke of rank changes. He wondered what kind of ranks had been reassigned. There wasn't any hope in the loyal heart as his gazed moved with the stallion. The painted mare seemed very surprised to be given such an honor. He smiled shyly at the chestnut and paint marked mare dipping his head to honor her.

The stallion jumped slightly as his winged king spoke his own name. Refined head spun to stare wide eyed up at the light gold and silver stallion. Instantly Daemyn bowed his head low his own thunderous voice rumbling forth, "It would be an honor and pleasure to serve my herd." Raising his head back up as the black beast beside him spoke and forcing himself to swallow the fear squirming in his gut; he nodded. This would be his first and last chance to make his first impression with the beastly male beside him. The rest of the leader's words were lost until he heard Kahlua speaking about newcomers. Hell that was him, so he better listen up. The took note of the names of the leaders, even though the muscular stud knew he would always go to Nayati first. Smiling softly at the thought the best listened quietly. Then terrible stories were being passed around; dying crows, attacking words? Drawing himself up fully the stallion nodded to the hulking captain. "I will do anything you need me to do, Sir, in order to protect our family. i also volunteer for anything that needs doing. It was easy to pledge his soul to this wonderful family.

Bury me like a soldier, with my dignity!
alteredego @ flickr | subtlepatterns.com | larfsalot @ deviantart
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
"Tell Me Something Sweet To Get Me By"

Despite the recent numerous events that would typically cause Jahzara to go into a complete mental breakdown, returning to the heart of her new home had managed to help her keep hold of what little sanity she seemed to have left. The spotted palomino found a source of comfort residing in the World’s Edge that she had never felt in homes prior. No longer did she feel confined against her will, trapped in place where she hated herself and her surroundings. Oh how she wished her son could see this fascinating place! But she knew Kiros belonged in the his birth herd, as the rightful heir to the thrown it was only natural for him to stay behind. Part of her almost felt guilty that she had managed to find another safe place that excluded him, whilst the other part was joyous that she had found a place where she felt she belonged.

New friends and acquaintances had done wonders for her self esteem and the success of her mentality, yet even Jahzara was surprised that she was not currently locked away in the depths of her mind. The thought alone sent a shiver down her spine…Or maybe that was the cold? No matter, she had more important matters to attend to at the moment. Auds pricked at the call from her King, and a cheerful smile graced her lips as she redirected herself towards the herd meeting. Settling among the group that had surrounded their leaders, she angled herself so her healthy brown gaze was turned towards them while she listened. Beside her, the hallucination of her best friend formed through the mists. The little purple pony couldn’t miss out on the meeting either, right? Absolutely not! Jahzara glanced down to Lily, offering a quick smile before they both returned their attention to the King and Queen.

The Arabian cross was pleased to hear about more potential alliances, but in truth was a little leery of putting trust into other herds that she was not a part of. Auds pricked at the mention of their Goddess, smiling at each of the recipients that received a prize before herself. At the mention of her own name, the golden vixen was taken aback. Even Lily looked wide-eyed up at her friend, but soon the spunky illusion offered a beaming smile. ’Way to go, Jay!’ Dipping her dished muzzle as she felt the wind dance around her, honored at receiving such a reward from the Goddess, and she knew that she would have to spend time carefully thinking of what she wanted. Jahzara wanted to be sure that whatever design she picked would be a beautiful addition to her coat, as well as a respectful representation of the Goddess of the Moon.

Soon the announcements of rank changes were being made, and once again, the vixen was surprised to hear her name called. For the first time since she was a child, Jahzara felt a swell of pride rise within her chest, and she pictured the violet pony rearing up beside her in a congratulatory burst of emotion. ”I would be honored for such a responsibility. You have my word that I will do whatever is possible to protect our…family.” It was the first time she had truly considered the herd her family, the first time she had expressed just how at home she felt in the World’s Edge. Yes, she had yet to meet everyone, but Jahzara had an understanding that everyone was important. No being would be left behind, forgotten, or disrespected. Looking around her to study each face that had joined them, a the wave of emotions that washed over her were unexplainable. She only knew a handful of her herd mates, but she loved them all. None of them had rejected her for her quirks. None had scolded her for her oddities. None had belittled her for her beliefs or fears. They were her family, and she swore to herself at that moment that she would do whatever she could to offer her assistance in protecting them.

While Jahzara took the time to memorize each of the members surrounding her, a single aud flicked to realize that her Queen was now speaking. Immediately the palomino returned her attention to the very first equine she had ever met upon entering Helovia, beaming at her friend like a child with an A+ sticker on her report card as if to say ‘I did it!’ When the Sunshower announced the Moon Doctor, it seemed as though a number of her fellow herdmates glanced back to petite mare hiding in the shadows. Following their gaze, Jahzara’s heart cried out for the mare, knowing quite well how it felt when it seemed like you had failed everyone surrounding you. Silently the newly appointed Specter hoped that the mare would see that she was not a failure in the long run. Perhaps she could meet with her sometime later? Jahzara hated to see anyone upset, but the chance to attempt cheering her up would have to wait as Archibald’s deep voice caught her attention.

As the Captain described the horrific imagery that they had witnessed, Jahzara began to retreat into herself. That day was a living nightmare, and her golden ears flicked back into snowy tresses at the memory. The pride she felt moments ago vanished as she lowered her crown, both in fear from the fatal omen, and mourning for the thousands of innocent birds that suffered that day. ”It was horrible…It’s like they tried so hard to escape something…And-“ The scarred mare couldn’t bring herself to finish her sentences, tears welling up in her eyes and quickly she shut them tight. Perhaps some would think she was over-reacting and getting too emotional for a bunch of birds, but they had not seen it. To be unable to see the earth because it was covered in a mass of black feathers, death rattling them as they pleaded caws for mercy. Oh how she felt their suffering, and the memory alone caused risk of pulling her back into the mental abyss. The palomino could feel the formation of a massive black shadow forming, Charles. His raspy voice called out to her, beckoning her to follow him into the safety of her mind once more. ”I don’t want to go, Charles…” She whispered under her breath.

Before Jahzara was pulled away into her mind, the imaginary pony beside her brushed against her leg lovingly. ’Don’t go there Jay, stay here with us…Your family needs you here, don’t go away…’ Her words overpowered the dark figment, and it was as if the Goddess herself sent the winds through the hallucination to turn him into nothing other than wisps fading away. As she opened her eyes, Jahzara looked at the face around her, and realized that her best friend was right. Quietly, she thanked her friend before raising her crown to a more respectable level. Most of them would have no idea what happened, most of them wouldn’t even realize that she was talking to a figment of her imagination, save for Kahlua. There was a chance that the Sunshower would catch it, notice the inner battles she was fighting, being the only one to know about Charles from their initial meeting.

As though her Queen knew that a change of subject was needed, Jahzara was grateful for the distraction of a new topic. Still trying to stifle her sniffling, Jahzara gave a nod towards the Queen at the mention of games and the help needed for them. Though she wasn’t sure how she could help, she was positive that she wanted to try somehow. ”I will help as well.”

"Talking"
'Hallucinations speaking'

OOC: Whoa, that was a lot longer than I expected...

JAHZARA
Image Credit
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Another season, another meeting. This one, Evangeline, thought was quite necessary considering the terror she and Thor had been victim to. She was in no way happy to have been subjected to such terror, but she thought that the herd could benefit as a whole from her and Thor's experiences. Thinking back she wondered if maybe she had overreacted because snakes were not uncommon, but then she remembered that they had been devouring themselves. She remembered the way the mist rolled in and how Tallis' fire had not been able to make it dissipate. Then there was the ominous feeling of something sinister hiding and waiting for them to wander into the mist, looking for a way out. If they had done that would it have pounced? Would it have killed them? A tremor rippled through Evangeline's body and she snorted quietly at herself. Tallis, who had taken his usual place under the protection of her mane, trilled softly to his bonded in an attempt to soothe her.

Most of the words Kaj spoke fell on deaf ears because she had been lost in her thoughts about the mist and the snakes. When he spoke her name, however, her eyes rose to meet his and she watched him for a moment, finding it intriguing how he commanded such attention and respect from his herd. Belatedly she nodded her head to his comment about the bonfiresm showing her agreement to speaking with anyone who had questions. Then she was lost again until Kaj spoke her name once more, claiming that she had yet another blessing from the Moon Goddess. She remained still as the King stepped forward and removed the amulet hanging around his neck. The orange mare dipped her head to allow him to slip it over her head. The light brush of Kaj's muzzle against her shoulder made Evangeline turn her head, her own muzzle brushing against the king's neck as he moved away after giving her the amulet. Tallis took this moment to slip from the comfort of Evangeline's mane and cling to the King's neck before clambering ungracefully onto his back. From his perch he spotted Thor in the gathering and grinned mischeviously at the stallion.

Evangeline blinked, wondering momentarily at what had just taken place before Kahlua's voice cut through and interrupted her thoughts. "Yes." The mare murmured, though she now found herself not wanting to even think about it. "A few days ago was when it happened. Thor and I were waiting for some of the herd to come to us so we could get a campfire going." She paused and turned her head to look for the stallion before continuing on. "It started with a snake falling from one of the trees and when we saw it it was devouring itself. Then mis began to roll in, but something felt different about it. It felt sinister and I was convinced that there was something lurking in it. Not even Tallis' fire could make the mist dissipate. More snakes fell and began to devour themselves, then a limb fell from a tree and crushed them. Shortly after the mist disappeared." She frowned as she recalled what had happened and found that she was still convinced of something hiding in it. "I don't think it wise for any of us to travel alone until we know what is happening, but that is my own personal opinion."

"."

autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

The herd was larger than Murdock had expected. At the summons of their leaders, the faithful members of the Edge had slowly gathered one by one before their King and Queen. Frostfall was upon them now, and a meeting had been ordered to inform their numbers of the various happenings in their kingdom. It felt good to look upon the group and think of them as family, though he did not know all their names nor did he know their stories. However, here they gathered together before their leaders and he felt a connection with this new family he had found.

He slipped silently from the trees, searching the crowd for familiar faces, though he found few. Kahlua, his Queen, he knew of course, as she had welcomed him to this family and taken him in most graciously. However, Kaj he had never spoken with. He recognized Archibald, a former member of the Grey, Brisa and Cheveyo, whom he had met in separate instances but knew little more of them besides their names. His gaze settled on a tall and familiar figure with a build like a sturdy oak and a pair of small wings. Thor, his friend.

He joined the group at the back, settling in alongside his herd mates and directing his attention toward their leaders as they spoke. Promotions were rewarded to various members and it made Murdock wonder if he would ever hear his own name called someday. Perhaps, at some point, he would find his energy again and become the warrior he once was, the warrior who had been deserving of the title of General in the Foothills. Perhaps someday he would be fit to receive some title other than ‘Protector’, though for now he was content with his rank. He did not ask much from the Edge, only that they provide him with a safe and dependable home. His reputation would require a little extra work.

Next, Kaj spoke of some threat, some unknown enemy that had been harassing their numbers. He listened as various stories were shared, recounting the terrors that had been discovered upon their lands. In his exploration of the territory, Murdock had never witnessed any such occurrences, and for that he was thankful. But it set him on edge to learn of these disturbances, and more so to learn that their source was not known. Perhaps, though, this would give him a chance to put himself to use. Maybe, with a little bravery and dedication, he could help seek out the root of the evil.

"talk talk talk talk "

NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY
I'll always belong in the sky

lydiardwildlife | joannastar-stock | mwilliams-stock
x