the Rift

[OPEN] Frozen :: Herd Meeting

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
come on like a bloodstained hurricane

Archibald moved in after Kaj, Loretta catching his scent on the wind. The pair had not been near the King since meeting him on the Sky Island, and Archibald was intrigued to see what he was doing in the herdland. Perhaps a meeting. Loretta suggested, tail curling over her back as the pair began to trot after the scent and sound of the buckskin. Their suspicions were confirmed as the mammoth warrior settled in to where Kaj stood before his subjects. Archibald stood above the rest, his size setting him as the herd behemoth. Loretta lay in the snow at Archibald's heels, her thick fur keeping her warm and comfortable despite the thick blanket of frozen water she rested on. The warrior stayed silent and stoic as Kaj and Kahlua talked, though their words caught his interest.

The kingly warrior turned to look at Cheveyo, to see her reaction. He had sparred with her not long ago, and she was dedicated to this herd. His face did not change as he mulled different thoughts over in his mind. Would she challenge him? Would she attempt to hold total authority? Between them, Archibald was the higher and more advanced warrior, his experience and titles far outweighing her's. But she was passionate for her people, the beast would give her that. Next, the Dauntless' gold gaze swept over to a spotted boy. Yet to make acquaintances with this one, Archibald briefly gave a command, "We will spar together, when this is through." His words were casual, but there was no emotion lacing them. What a sight this beast was, Archibald the Dauntless, with no emotion and the ability to cast fear into all that looked his way.

"I am a witness to an odd occurrence as well. Jahzara and Meriwether were also present," Archibald's cold eyes weep the crowd for one moment to locate each of the mares, before turning to meet the similar eyes of his leaders. "Upon welcoming Meriwether as one of my warriors, we were interrupted. Crows, thousands of crows, flew towards us. They were screaming, squawking as if something had been chasing them...and they fell to the ground. It was a hurricane of black bodies, some dead as they fell from the sky and others as they hit the ground...some suffering without instant death." Archibald did not give the herd mind, but he could imagine the shock, terror, or confusion on their faces. "It was an omen. A dark one. Something terrible is coming."

When he finished his statement, Archibald watched Kahlua's face hard. He wanted to see her reaction mostly, wonder how fear would creep into her cerulean gaze. Moments of silence passed from the dark knight before he turned to the herd again. "Warriors, sergeants, and Captains," He glanced towards Cheveyo in that moment, wishing she was Ktulu and not herself, "There will be a meeting within the week. Do not get comfortable in this winter, you will be needed soon."

Lastly, Archibald turned his attentions back on Kahlua. "I will venture with you, Kahlua, for safety, if you wish."

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Kaj - 10-19-2014, 11:01 PM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Kahlua - 10-21-2014, 12:21 AM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Archibald - 10-21-2014, 11:13 AM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Resplendence - 10-21-2014, 03:18 PM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Cheveyo - 10-21-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Nasreen - 10-21-2014, 09:38 PM