the Rift

[OPEN] Frozen :: Herd Meeting

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Heavy hooves mount the snowdrift with ease as I trail my companions in the wake of our King’s appeal, though I silently hope that nothing is awry. My fluid gait covers the many swells that distance me from my herd and in the time it takes to reach them, I ponder many things. I know of the many new faces I will encounter and I know that they will not find me as exciting as I might find them. I am still a nervous soul, fluttering chaotically against my confines at the thought of once again facing my Queen and King. I fear irrationally that they will displace me because of my impudence upon first seeking them out at the wall. However, when I breech the gathering, I am delightfully surprised to find that they have not found reason to cast me out and instead gift me with rank and ability. I smile at them warmly and dip my massive face in a courteous bow, “Most certainly Kaj, I will not disappoint” How could I ever repay them for their kindliness? For all that I’ve done to them and yet they still sought to make me welcome. They were the true definition of family.

As Kaj and Kahlua move on with further announcements, including the situation Evangeline and I had witnessed firsthand, I seekt out a friendly face in which I can settle in with and soon decide upon the gracious Moon Doctor, Alysanne. I had met her upon bringing Rekshana to the Edge and her bright personality had left quite an impression on me. With a small smile, I approach her in order to stand at her side. However, my attentions are quickly compromised as the Seer, now a mare named Nasreen conveys a somewhat confusing message. According to the Moon Goddess, the World’s Edge had been wrong to seek any alliances within Helovia and that news leaves my quite speechless and dazed. At one time, Mirage had created many treaties with neighboring herds… and yet, the Goddess herself now directed otherwise? Shock settles darkly in my gut and I shift awkwardly away from the kind Moon Doctor in an attempt to hide my worry. I wasn’t sure what the future held, but I feared it was no better than the Endless Night that had left Helovia in shadow for months on end.

However, other topics of interest also make me turn my thoughts viciously from one thing to the next. Though my expression remains a calm mask of understanding, I am still racing through everything at breakneck speed. There is so much information being shared all at once, such as the Games… What an inventive idea… I am certain that I could assist in the production of them if only Kahlua or Kaj would give me reason. I already anticipated helping Evangeline with the fires around the Edge in order to warm its frozen heart, but there was still so much to do… and now I was responsible for teaching new and upcoming Sleuths how best to do their job. That alone would be enough pressure to keep my awake at night, though I knew myself most capable. I was afraid that I would let someone down or lead them astray. No, I would guide them with as much heart as I could possibly devote. Alongside this Jahzara, we would create an interest in our field and help the Edge.

I spot Romani at some point and give her a warm smile in hopes that we will eventually be able to share words, but I knew that these meetings are often quite hectic. She accompanies the great Archibald and though I still long to know more of him as well, I sedate my curiosity until a later time. With that, I turn my attention back to Kahlua after deciding that I too would like to accompany her to the Foothills in order to learn as much as I could about the many things the Edge was planning to do with her sister herds. “Kahlua, if you would have me, I would like to join you to the Foothills as well.Perhaps test out my sleuthing abilities? Oh how strange it was to consider myself a Specter of the World’s Edge.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Kaj - 10-19-2014, 11:01 PM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Kahlua - 10-21-2014, 12:21 AM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Archibald - 10-21-2014, 11:13 AM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Resplendence - 10-21-2014, 03:18 PM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Cheveyo - 10-21-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Nasreen - 10-21-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Brisa - 10-24-2014, 01:35 AM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Alysanne - 10-25-2014, 12:54 PM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Aeolus - 10-25-2014, 01:52 PM
RE: Frozen :: Herd Meeting - by Romani - 10-25-2014, 06:45 PM