the Rift

[OPEN] Forever Changed [Welcoming]

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Was it normal to feel this way while traveling to a new home? So happy that I could scream. So nervous it almost made me sick. So excited to see my new home that I could dance. So sad from not being able to see the other places that it almost felt guilty. And sentimental as I knew that choosing to live within the World's Edge would put an end to my constant worldly travels. How was it that one could feel so many things at once?

My thoughts became interrupted as an orange flash zoomed by me and into the branches. I hadn't noticed the small reptilian creature back when Thor and Evangeline first met me, but when we first started on our way to the World's Edge I watched it in awe. Though now it seemed as if the creature was going to stay with Evangeline as I noticed she had fallen behind in our travels.

Thor's laughter rang, causing my ears to perk forward and my attention to fall upon him. I saw him motion the creature to go and then he curtly turned back in the direction that we had been heading for the past few hours. With each crunching step, I also continued to follow him eager to get to set my eyes upon my new home.

“She won't be alone,” I managed to say as I tried my best to keep up to Thor's pace. A smile grew on my face as I looked at Thor. Surely, Evangeline had the little dragon with her, but maybe perhaps she would also bring someone else back. Whatever the case may be, she would not be coming back alone.

Some time passed before Thor spoke up again, this time talking about how he believed I'd find the Edge to my liking but no matter how much he spoke of it, it wouldn't suffice. Then he brought up something about leaving a lady to make a first impression. This intrigued me. What lady was he talking about? Was she a queen of sorts, a goddess, just some random mare? I just had to ask, “Who is this lady?”

But before he could answer my question, we soon came upon what I would guess was the border of the Edge. My dark eyes grew wide as I looked upon the broken glass wall that shined and shimmered producing a multitude of light stands. It was as if some otherworldly, mystical source had came and set everything up to look as beautiful as possible for my arrival. And just on the other side of the glass, a cloud of misty fog seemed to wait patiently for us – calling for us to enter all the while.

“It's so beautiful,” I managed to to get out in my awestruck stupor, “I've never seen anything like it at all.” Curiously, I stepped forward to get a closer look at the pieces of the glass wall. I just couldn't believe what was laid out before me, it was just so beautiful – almost as beautiful as the starlit night sky.

Just beyond is your home Astraea. Are you ready to call it such? His words made me tear my attention away from our surroundings for a few seconds, but as I quickly pondered I looked into the mists that seemed to be chanting a silent spell to me. A ghostly soft breeze tugged at my mane and tail pulling them in towards the Edge ever so slightly. With a deep breath, I turned to face Thor and nodded my head as I both made my final decision and spoke it aloud.

“Yes.”
"Speech"
word count;; 612
muse;; pandora mix
tags;; @[Thor]
Astra's reff;; Click!
Astra's voice;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).
ooc;; sooo happy right now. 8D
character design © Evvers
posting format © Evvers
coding © Evvers

Messages In This Thread
Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-20-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-22-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-25-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-26-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-27-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 11-09-2014, 01:26 AM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 11-09-2014, 02:13 PM