the Rift

[OPEN] Forever Changed [Welcoming]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
A feeling of awe and satisfaction washed over me as I looked into the dark depths of Astraea’s clouded eyes. It was then that I recognized a familiar expression upon her face, one that I’d witnessed many times before in various different forms and wearing various different cloaks and names. But they were much the same when it came to recognizing our Great Lady’s beauty. The Edge would forever be my Queen and I her devout mistress, second to her figurative King, the Goddess of the Moon. I was vaguely aware of the star child’s attempt at conversation or perhaps compliment for our fair lady, but I had little else to offer her than a curt nod. Every land in Helovia possessed a natural magnificence, but one only knew their own place and their own heart if they could see the magic behind the mists or the sands or the ice or the dunes… This was how I knew that the star child was finally home.

Silently, I gestured toward the small passage that opened the World’s Edge to the land beyond and turned heel toward the entrance with a little effort. I knew that I would labor much more than the slight filly might upon the incline that eventually led beyond the shimmering glass wall. However, I’d grown accustomed to the trek since returning to Helovia and at times I missed the way my legs would quiver from the strain or the way my hooves my slide over the icy swells because of my obvious heft. I often warned others traveling with me to steer clear from my rear quarters in the off-chance that I lost my footing altogether; the starlit filly was no different as I rumbled at her from ahead. As if on cue, my back right leg slid from beneath me, but only enough to knock me off balance for a moment. “FrostFall is not a friend of mine”, I said to her with a slight laugh. However, I encouraged her to follow all the same.

When we had plateaued enough to examine the tree line of the dense forest beyond the initial entrance of the Edge, I paused in order to spend a bit of time getting to know the star child before sending her off for the night. “I’m glad that you find her to your liking and by she I mean the Edge. Don’t let her fool you Astraea, she and her mists will play wicked games with you if you let them. But don’t worry it’s all in the name of fun.” I winked at the filly to let her know that I was only joking and then picked up a swollen hoof in order to find better purchase atop the frozen grounds. A cool, winter wind lashed out around us and forced me to close my eyes to its strength but before I let the Edge take advantage of us, I moved closer to the forest in hopes that it would shield us from the rigid gale.

I hope that you find everything satisfactory, but I was also curious to know if you had any interest in the ranking system here in the Edge? You could potentially study to be a Nurse, a Sleuth, a Protector, a Philosopher, or a Crafter. Each rank has their own set of duties and abilities, so why don’t you tell me a little bit about yourself child? What interests you?” With a questioning gaze, I looked at the star child more than ready to delve into her figurative depths in order to pinpoint a possible route for her amongst our positions. We still had plenty of time before the sun grew dim and weary, so I decided to use it to best settle Astraea before the rest of the herd had a chance to bombard her with similar requests.

Image Credits

@[Astraea]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-20-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-22-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-25-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-26-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-27-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 11-09-2014, 01:26 AM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 11-09-2014, 02:13 PM